Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-05-03, 03:18 AM   #1
Matthius

Send a message via ICQ to Matthius Send a message via AIM to Matthius
Default Bloodrayne...who has it?

did anyone actually get around to grabbing bloodrayne? i got my hands on it, finished it, and i still love it! its just that knowone seems to be talking about it...anywhere...at all
Old 09-05-03, 08:04 AM   #2
adv1
---

Yeah, I bought it, great game.

But as far as I know it's only been released in one or two countries (the UK anyway), so that's why there's not much fuss about it at the moment.

I thought the first levels in the swamps weren't a particularly good introduction (the annoying thing with water draining your energy for instance), but I'm playing through the Nazi bases right now, which are much better levels, and quite scary in places with the supernatural elements.

Bloodrayne is a great character with tons of different moves and weapons, and of course the bullet-time-style vision mode is just brilliant. One small problem I have is that the in-game QuickSave doesn't appear to work and no-one seems to know anything about it on any of the forums.

Anyway, there are a few Bloodrayne forums around:

http://www.bloodrayne.co.uk/board/index.php

http://www.laracroftonline.net/cgi-b...rayne/YaBB.cgi

Last edited by adv1; 10-13-03 at 06:37 PM.
adv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-03, 08:35 AM   #3
Matthius

R u saying it never came out in the US? thats really strange, cause u said it came out in one or 2 countries...but the problem is, why would they release it in australia?? i thought it was an american made game
Old 09-05-03, 09:24 AM   #4
digitalwanderer

GREAT game! I've played it thru at least twice and after you mentioned it I'm gonna load it up and play again!
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-03, 11:03 AM   #5
adv1
---

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthius
R u saying it never came out in the US? thats really strange, cause u said it came out in one or 2 countries...but the problem is, why would they release it in australia?? i thought it was an american made game
Well, I don't know for sure what the situation is. I live in the UK where it's been out for a while, but one of the Bloodrayne forums says its being released on 9/9/03 at $19.99, which I guess is the US release.

Also, there is only a UK patch for the game on the main site, and not one for any other countries (as far as I can tell).

Seems like a strange situation, with all these different release dates. I hope all this doesn't end up lessening BR's impact, it'd be a shame if this game passed most people by.
Old 09-05-03, 11:14 AM   #6
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by adv1
Also, there is only a UK patch for the game on the main site, and not one for any other countries (as far as I can tell).
I think it's only available in the UK right now, but the UK patch works just spiffy on this side of the puddle too.

It's only gonna be $19.99 in the states when it comes out? GREAT price on a great game!
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 09-05-03, 05:10 PM   #7
Rampant CL
Lurking like a pro

I got stuck on the l;ast stage. Any ideas on the (boss1) killing technique?
Barton 2500 | 7VAXP-A Ultra | 2GB DDR-400 | BFG 6800 GT OC | WD Caviar 120 GB | WD Caviar 180 GB SATA | SONY DRU-700 | SONY 16x40x DVD Drive | Buslogi SCSI Host Adaptor | SCSI Python Tape Archive | Red, Blue, UV Cathodes | UV Scorpion Window Etch | UV Lazer Led's | Plasma tube (inside the PC) | Triad of TriLight Case Fans | UV Green Sleeved 650W Achieve PSU

Folding for team nV News but this link doesnt work
Rampant CL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-03, 03:29 AM   #8
Matthius

shoot him in the little triangle thingie on his chest. (the massive guy) before he gets too big. oh and kill the annoying human guy after the demon thingie. makes it heaps easier. oh and the cutcenes hilarious....

Old 09-06-03, 04:05 AM   #9
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

It is supposed to ship on 9/9 in the US.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-03, 06:57 AM   #10
Matthius

9/9/2003? thats pretty stupid if u ask me. think about it. its an american made game (at least by the accents of all the people) and it goes to u LAST??? what teh hell is goin on?
Old 09-09-03, 11:30 AM   #11
adv1
---

So, Bloodrayne is out in the US today. Anyone bought it yet? Any opinions?

Also, can someone tell us whether the QuickSave function (pressing F5) actually works in the US version? (it doesn't in our UK version)
Old 09-09-03, 11:33 AM   #12
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by adv1
So, Bloodrayne is out in the US today. Anyone bought it yet? Any opinions?

Also, can someone tell us whether the QuickSave function (pressing F5) actually works in the US version? (it doesn't in our UK version)
It's out? Wow, it's been so long since I played it I'll have to load it up and try again...

I believe the save game function worked fine for me, but I can't recall. I'll check and get back to you.
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]