Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-05-12, 12:36 PM   #85
alitayyab

Default Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Thread

So Bioware is going to release an extended cut DLC for free this summer (no exact date given). It will expand on the ending to make it more 'coherent'.

More here:
http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/05/m...-extended-cut/
Old 06-24-12, 11:59 AM   #86
$n][pErMan
III%

Send a message via AIM to $n][pErMan

I just finished the game myself. Not sure why everyone is complaining about the ending. Could it have been a little better? Sure. But it made perfect sense to me... you just had to read into it a little bit. I don't think it was bad, it just pissed me off a litttle / made me a little sad. Perhaps thats why everyone is mad... they wanted a traditional "Happy Ending". But I kind of enjoy the darker aspect of the ending, even though in the grand scheme of things it was the best outcome. Looking back it was really the only outcome you could have been faced with (without giving it away, I did have the best ending choice you could choose). Overall I enjoyed the game, although I think ME2 was the pinicle of the series in terms of character development. I wish they had more of that in ME3. I enoyed the missions on all games but ME3 had the best "resource management". I enjoyed only having to scan a system and then goto the planet then to aquire the object or asset. The thing I hated the most on ME2 was scanning the damn planets.
Intel® Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3.51GHz (390 x 9 / 1.39v) | ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 775 Intel P965 (1236 BIOS) | OCZ GOLD 8GB (2GB x 4) DDR2 PC2-8500 Dual Channel (4-4-4-12 780Mhz/1.95V 1:1 Ratio) | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 DUAL SuperClocked 4GB (Currently @ 1240MHz Core / 7112MHz Memory) | Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS | Zalman CNPS9700 LED Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler | Samsung SSD 840 Series 256GB | ASUS ProArt 24in Widescreen LED 1920 x 1200 | Samsung DVD-RW-DL 18x Burner w/ lightscribe| SILVERSTONE OP650 ATX12V / EPS12V 650W Power Supply | AOpen 5.1 Surround sound system | Windows 7 Pro x64
100% Orthos Stable!
$n][pErMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-12, 02:57 PM   #87
wysiwyg

no, the ending was atrocious
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-12, 07:20 AM   #88
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

lol im replaying the end bits and trying to work out if anything has changed, so far the answer seems to be no :P
Old 06-27-12, 10:27 AM   #89
wysiwyg

you can watch the 3 endings on youtube

not worth play the in-game ending again

the endings still have the silly starkid thing with the annoying way of talking, and again only minor changes. still not the epic endings we wanted
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-12, 08:30 AM   #90
LurkerLito

The extended cut is significantly better IMO than the originally released game endings, though it still has the same press a button and your decisions didn't really matter just the readiness rating problem. I kind of assumed that would be the case since it would require a lot more work and money to fix that major flaw.

Still, I have to give them credit, if they released the extended cut stuff with the original release, I would have been much less critical of the ending. The extend one I played through with my first play through save felt more like a proper ending to the ME series and at least did a better job of seeing some of the aftermath of your a,b,c,d button select. FYI the endings on Youtube are only from the star kid part on. There were some changes to the get to the beam part like

your team getting evacuated from the planet via the Normandy. While that scene worked it opened up on small issue for me of why Harbinger didn't zap the Normandy when it was right in front of it.

For me it was worth playing the end of the game again. For some reason my last save was from the Illusive man base. I lost the save I had before the final mission and the autosave from the citadel end part not sure why maybe because I did a newgame+ using the profile so the game erased it? But either way I was glad I went through it. I like new endings, it is the same as before but with a little bit more of what happened to everyone so the end didn't feel so WTF and hollow.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote