Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-03-12, 09:46 PM   #1
Hogrider

Default Finally dropped our Android phones for iphone 4s

And thank God, now that we switched over to Sprint instead of TMobile we have signal in our house. text messages go through faster etc.
Loving the iphones.

We had to pay $100 per phone to cancel our contract 4 months early but Sprint is giving us a $100 credit per phone to port our numbers over. I also found I can get a 23% discount each month on our bill due to my work.

I saw the HTC EVO 3D phone in the Sprint store also and was amazed at the 3d screen. I almost got it for myself instead of the iphone but then I remembered how I was tricked before and just wanted something that actually works without having to mess with it. I think the 4s will suit us fine.
Old 03-04-12, 06:36 AM   #2
Hogrider

Default Re: Finally dropped our Android phones for iphone 4s

Next time I'm at the range I may try and blast my old Samsung Vibrant phone with a bullet to it's heart.
My wife is keeping her Garminfone for it's good GPS (about the only thing it was good for). At least when Garmin decided to quit making them they went ahead and gave everyone free map updates for life.

One thing I don't care for a whole lot with the iphones or i anything for that matter is having to use itunes but ah well. Just now figured out how to add ringtones to it.
Old 03-04-12, 07:08 AM   #3
Hogrider

I can sync without attaching it to the computer now using wifi but if I want to add music, pictures etc from my computer I of course have to use itunes on my computer. i tunes acts up from time to time on my computer. I think I need to clear off all those damn apps from it that are taking up about 6.5gb of space.
Old 03-04-12, 05:29 PM   #4
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogrider View Post
One thing I don't care for a whole lot with the iphones or i anything for that matter is having to use itunes but ah well
lolitunes

My brother's succubus forced him to install itunes on this laptop he was borrowing from my dad because she owns an iphone. It made the computer run slower and it took over associations for files that it couldn't even play. When my dad got it back he was complaining about it, so I removed all of the apple sh*t, which wasn't exactly clean.

Good luck with that taint

My evo 3d works with any computer without any special software installed. Hell I can sync over wifi without even installing any special software on the computer, just use the samba app and windows/linux/macos can access its files as if it is another computer.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 05:50 PM   #5
Hogrider

I have had itunes on here for years so it isn't anything new.

I wish I didn't have to use it but I'll take that over the Android mess I put up with before.

I do have to say that EVO 3d phone you have has a really cool screen, I can't believe how good it looked. But like the guy at Sprint said, it's cool at first then you get over it. I trust the iphone, I don't think I can ever trust another Android device after being burned.
Still would be cool as hell to get a tv with that screen though.
Old 03-07-12, 06:08 AM   #6
Hogrider

I wonder if ios 5.1 will be out this week?

Loving this phone so far. It actually makes it fun to use instead of frustrating like my old one.
Old 03-07-12, 06:59 AM   #7
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogrider View Post
I wonder if ios 5.1 will be out this week?

Loving this phone so far. It actually makes it fun to use instead of frustrating like my old one.
I'd say iOS 5.1 will be out today at the iPad 3 event, or at least we will have a release date.

iPhone = win. I've had my iPhone for 4 months now and 0 problems.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 03:20 PM   #8
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

iTunes Match is the greatest thing ever.

Got an iphone 4S from my dad for my bday 3 weeks ago.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-12, 07:30 PM   #9
Hogrider

I think you'll like it a lot Zoomy.
I have been contemplating getting itunes match because of all the downloaded music I have. How well does it recognize songs?
Old 04-17-12, 09:14 PM   #10
ViN86

I would save your money and use Google Music. Free cloud storage and there's an app for it on the iTunes store.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 09:25 PM   #11
Hogrider

I believe itunes match gives you free cloud storage too. I like that you get 256Kbps even if your music you already have is lower quality.
It looks like Google Music just lets you upload the stuff you have to the cloud. The reason I would want itunes match is that if you have music on your computer already and at crappy 64Kbps or whatever it would be nice to have it upgraded and tagged properly at 256Kbps. I just am not sure if it would recognize the music I have very well.
Old 04-17-12, 09:49 PM   #12
ViN86

It's a nice feature but not really worth the $25/yr imo. If you purchase music or rip it, odds are it's already 256 kbps or higher (Amazon MP3, which is where I buy my music is 256 kbps vbr, and I typically rip at 320 kbps). So you end up just paying for the cloud storage, which is free with Google Music.

Sure you have to upload the songs, but just leave your computer on overnight and it will be done.

If you go for it let us know what you think.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote