Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: Which game should i get ?
Mass effect 3 5 18.52%
Alan Wake 3 11.11%
Skyrim 19 70.37%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-12, 06:12 PM   #1
Logical

Default Mass Effect3, Alan Wake or Skyrim ?

Been busy with decorating so haven't been able to game much but what time i have had ive spent playing FIFA 12...Best football game ever! imo of course. Should have the decorating finished this weekend so will be treating myself to a new game for my hard earned efforts.

Problem is, even after reading reviews i can't decide between 3... Mass effect 3, Alan Wake or Skyrim .. What do you think ?
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 06:17 PM   #2
Cylphid

Default Re: Mass Effect3, Alan Wake or Skyrim ?

I haven't played ME3, bu the other 2 are both good games. Skyrim will give you the most bang for your dollar in my opinion, but they both get repetitive before long.

I did think Alan Wake was very well done though, the closest I've had to a 'new' experience recently.
Cylphid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 06:17 PM   #3
=assassin=

I assume you've played the first two Mass Effect games? I have myself and intend to get the 3rd to complete the story. I also plan to get Skyrim soon too, but as that seems to be getting lots of updates I'm not sure whether to just wait for a GOTY edition. Not so bothered about Alan Wake, as I'd prefer to pick it up in the bargain bins after waiting so long already. So main two for me, are ME3 and Skyrim, and if I had the money, I'd buy both right now!
=assassin= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 06:32 PM   #4
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by =assassin= View Post
I assume you've played the first two Mass Effect games? I have myself and intend to get the 3rd to complete the story. I also plan to get Skyrim soon too, but as that seems to be getting lots of updates I'm not sure whether to just wait for a GOTY edition. Not so bothered about Alan Wake, as I'd prefer to pick it up in the bargain bins after waiting so long already. So main two for me, are ME3 and Skyrim, and if I had the money, I'd buy both right now!
Yup played through both ME and ME2 and will at some point get ME3 however with all the stuff about some fans being dissapointed with the game/ending i was considering something else...Alan wake looks original and i have been looking forward to this game for a long time, in fact its been so long (remember this was supposed to be showcased for DX10) and along with the disappointing news that the PC version had been dropped i sort of lost interest. I am kinda swayed to Skyrim though as i am intrigued to see what the fuss is about other than the obvious awesome visuals (and Mods). The game apparently has lots of bugs but people praise it loads..
Old 03-20-12, 08:25 PM   #5
AthlonXP1800

Where the 4th option? Get all 3 of them!!!
Intel Core i7 3770K, Corsair H80 liquid cooler with Noctua S12-1200 fan, ASUS P8Z77V with UEFI 2104, 16GB Samsung Green 30nm DDR3-RAM, Pioneer BDR-S09XLT 16x Blu-ray writer, Corsair AX850 PSU, Western Digital 2TB SATA3 hard drive, CanonScan LiDE 210 scanner, Microsoft Internet Keyboard, Microsoft Touch Explorer mouse, 32inch Sharp LC32LE600 LED TV, EVGA Geforce GTX 670 SC 4GB with Geforce 370.50 driver, 50Mb broadband Virgin Media VMDG480 Super Hub, Aspire Xplorer Midi Tower, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.
AthlonXP1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 09:00 PM   #6
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

If I had to choose. Skyrim, best value for money.

However if you want a game that's a little shorter Mass Effect 3/Alan Wake both are great. If you want SP and Multiplayer get ME3, play the multiplayer to unlock the better endings for the SP (or play Infiltrator and Datapad on iOS like me).
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 09:29 PM   #7
Greedo

batman
Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-12, 12:14 AM   #8
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

All 3 games are worth getting eventually.

Skyrim is pretty amazing and a continuation of Oblivion, it still has many of the same problems though.

ME3 is also a great game, despite the 10 min end (which could still be decent if theories are right) it's the best game so far this year.

Alan Wake doesn't get love from everybody, it seems more a love or hate type game. I personally enjoyed it

So unless you didn't like Oblivion / Fallout 3 I would stick with Skyrim.

Old 03-21-12, 06:54 AM   #9
de><ta
prodigy

Skyrim. Just started playing it a few days ago. Looks gorgeous with all the mods and I spent 4 hours so far just randomly walking about from one area to another.

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-12, 08:43 AM   #10
Yaboze

Skyrim, hands down. Especially now that it's been all patched up.

Mass Effect 3 is really good, despite the crying about the ending. It's about a 30 hour game max, I finished it in 21 hours or so. I have more than double that in Skyrim.

I have Alan Wake for the 360 and although it was good, it would be my 3rd choice.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-12, 12:16 PM   #11
de><ta
prodigy

Disable fast travel in Skyrim and the game suddenly lasts a lot longer...

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-12, 04:49 PM   #12
Logical

Eventualy i will have all 3 games but i think im gonna go with skyrim first..Awesome visuals, long lasting and mods...I love to play with cfg's etc and i loved Oblivion. I wish i could get all 3 but i have something up my sleeve and dont want to piss the Missus off lol (I want a Kepler for Easter).