Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-20-12, 08:50 PM   #1
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default 10 Reasons We Hate Mass Effect 3's Ending

spoilers, in it, if you don't care, then watch.
Old 03-21-12, 10:32 AM   #2
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: 10 Reasons We Hate Mass Effect 3's Ending

Haha, I get so pissed when I read their pre-release bull****. They flat-out lied.

What's interesting to me about the complaints is that many of the people I've talked to, myself included, came up with these same complaints independently. This isn't just bandwagon whining. I can't even fathom how anyone could defend the ending.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-12, 11:22 AM   #3
LurkerLito

Here is a fan made animal house like ending
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vG4EyfXOTJ4

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-12, 12:54 PM   #4
wysiwyg

thats a good video by AngryJoeShow . totally agree with everything said.

I bet the rushed ending was mostly at the fault of EA pushing a deadline.

Edit: its been announced that Bioware ARE addressing the ending-

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2401933,00.asp

"Bioware co-founder Dr. Ray Muzyka said Wednesday that the Mass Effect 3 team is already "working hard" to address concerns that players have had with the game's ending.

The game's executive producer, Casey Hudson, and his team "are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey," Muzyka said in a blog post.

He promised more details on those initiatives in April. At this point, "we're working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we've received," Muzyka said.

Mass Effect 3 sold 890,000 copies in its first 24 hours on the market, but in the weeks since its release, a growing number of fans have expressed disappointment with the game's ending. One fan was reportedly so peeved that he filed a false advertising complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

Muzyka said Hudson and his team have "been poring over everything they can find about reactions to the game – industry press, forums, Facebook, and Twitter, just to name a few." That research will be used to create the upcoming content, which will be in addition to existing plans for more new full games.

"Rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue," Muzyka wrote.

Muzyka also took pains to defend the Mass Effect 3 team.

"I'm honored to work with them because they have the courage and strength to respond to constructive feedback," he wrote. "I personally believe Mass Effect 3 is the best work we've yet created. So, it's incredibly painful to receive feedback from our core fans that the game's endings were not up to their expectations."

He also warned users not to engage in personal attacks. "We listen and will respond to constructive criticism, but much as we will not tolerate individual attacks on our team members, we will not support or respond to destructive commentary," Muzyka wrote"
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-12, 03:14 PM   #5
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

good, i would have done the same

"One fan was reportedly so peeved that he filed a false advertising complaint with the Federal Trade Commission."
Old 03-21-12, 04:38 PM   #6
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
thats a good video by AngryJoeShow . totally agree with everything said.

I bet the rushed ending was mostly at the fault of EA pushing a deadline.
They'd never admit it, but I bet it was. Just the same as Dragon Age 2, two things happened. The key writer quit/moved to another project and EA pushing the deadline.

I hope they fix both series. They seem to be taking the right steps. All DLC has been abandoned for DA2 and work has started to apparently fix things in DA3. Also looks like we have some closure coming with ME3.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-12, 04:26 PM   #7
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkus View Post
The sucky endings are the main reason why I haven't bought the game yet. I'm probably missing out, but I'm tired of depressing or ambiguous endings. I'd like to feel good about the dozens of hours I've put into a game. Crazy, I know.
A bad ending ruins dozens of hours for you? I enjoy games infinitely more with a good ending, but bad endings don't ruin dozens of hours of gameplay for me if the gameplay is fun. The various boss fights in Batman:AA were fairly repetitive and probably the weakest part of the game, but the rest of the game is so good, that aspect is easy to overlook.
I guess it depends how involved you are in the experience, and how important the story is... If I am playing some amazing PC game, there actually comes a time when I just say to myself "this is so f*cking awesome, I really don't care how it ends, the experience is just cool".
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-12, 05:23 PM   #8
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I agree with bob. I was a little let down at the ending, but the trip there was a blast.

It's interesting so watch this whole thing play out in the media though. You have the fans, most have spent a lot of time and money on the franchise, they've had their Shepard through 3 games. They are crying out for a better ending with closure. Then you have the journalist who believe the ending is an artistic choice and we should accept it as Bioware's vision whether we like it or not. Then you have Bioware caught in the middle.Are they going to cave and rewrite the entire ending, or had they planned to finish each crews story as DLC all along?

The main thing is. Ash didn't let herself go through 3 games.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-12, 08:03 PM   #9
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
They'd never admit it, but I bet it was. Just the same as Dragon Age 2, two things happened. The key writer quit/moved to another project and EA pushing the deadline.

I hope they fix both series. They seem to be taking the right steps. All DLC has been abandoned for DA2 and work has started to apparently fix things in DA3. Also looks like we have some closure coming with ME3.
throw away everything they did in DA2, and DA3 might be good, but if they turn it into another Dragon Effect game, it will suck again.
Old 03-23-12, 12:27 AM   #10
ahheadlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post

The main thing is. Ash didn't let herself go through 3 games.
she definitely got hotter.

also

http://www.gamefront.com/did-a-mass-...am-the-ending/
ahheadlock is offline   Reply With Quote