Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-29-12, 03:36 PM   #1
zoalord12

Default 3D Vision for Ubuntu with Samsung Monitor

So i am trying to get the 3D vision stuff working on Ubuntu and everything seems to work fine except the glasses do not turn on by themselves.

even though the IR emitter is green the whole time after driver installation.

I am using the x86-295.33 certified driver. The samsung monitor is a 120 HZ display model synch master 2233 , supposedly NVIDIA vision ready (which clearly is not the case)

This stuff has wasted so much of my time. I cant get the glasses to start in linux though when i boot with win 7 the 3D stuff works ... (so the glasses and IR emitter are working)

I can see both the left and right images at the same time in my monitor coz its rendering at 120 hz using opengl etc. I DONT KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO TO GET THE NVIDIA GLASSES TO WORK WHEN MY APPLICATION START..
i am clearly using the GL_STEREO constant in my code and that should do it.

I read in the driver info
"Added support for 3D Vision ready displays that have a NVIDIA 3D Vision infrared emitter built inside the panel itself."

but i have the older vision kit where the IR emitter is separately plugged into usb ..

Please help, someone. On countless forms there is no sample linux code that will run or NVIDIA guide to help through an execution example on linux. all windows based tutorials and help which is useless when you are rendering on a cluster that runs linux.
zoalord12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 11:19 AM   #2
AaronP
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: 3D Vision for Ubuntu with Samsung Monitor

Do you have the 3-pin DIN stereo sync cable connected to the IR emitter?
AaronP is offline   Reply With Quote