Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Archived News Items

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-29-12, 06:00 PM   #1
News

Post Dally Returns as Head of NVIDIA Research

We're thrilled that Bill Dallywill once againbe leading NVIDIA's world-class research organization.

Bill will be back with us full time as of April 2, resuming his work leading the incubation of technologies needed to exploit the opportunities ahead in energy-efficient parallel computing.

NVIDIA Chief Scientist Bill Dally
Three years ago, he signed on as head of NVIDIA Research and Chief Scientist, taking a two-yearleavefrom Stanford University, where he'd been chairman of the computer science department. Following this tour of duty, he returned just overayear ago to academia. Although his Stanford obligations preventedhimfrom retaining his research duties here,Billcontinued to serve as Chief Scientist.

'While I love teaching and I love Stanford, I love NVIDIA more,' Bill said in a note to NVIDIA colleagues. 'The opportunity to be part of an all-star team that is developing products that will change the world is too great to pass up, so I'm back in the saddle at NVIDIA Research.'

Bill is a member of the National Academy of Engineering, a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts & Sciences and a Fellow of the IEEE and the ACM. In 2010, he received the Eckert-Mauchly Award, considered the highest prize in computer architecture.

NVIDIA co-founder Chris Malachowsky had been serving as head of NVIDIA Research in the interim and will step back from those duties.

Featured image credit:NVIDIA | CGSociety NVArtby Maciej Frolow

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote