Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-23-12, 04:17 PM   #1
Logical

Default Epic Games on next gen console specs

Interesting read but one that leaves a sour taste in my mouth...

http://www.examiner.com/article/epic...owerful-enough
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-12, 12:08 PM   #2
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

Default Re: Epic Games on next gen console specs

Can we get a copy/paste on this thread from last year, and the year before that, and the year before, and the year before, and the... You get the picture.

Here, I just saved some griefing, trolling, fanboism and other crap.
Old 05-24-12, 01:20 PM   #3
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal View Post
Can we get a copy/paste on this thread from last year, and the year before that, and the year before, and the year before, and the... You get the picture.

Here, I just saved some griefing, trolling, fanboism and other crap.
I don't see how any of that is relevant for this thread. It is both parties (console gamers and PC gamers) that will suffer in the long run. This thread is about what Epic makes of the hardware specification for next gen consoles and the limitations that will cause for Unreal Engine 4.

Don't you think a dev such as Epic should put forward to Microsoft and Sony what specs they expect the next gen consoles to be to run UE4 at optimum performance ?
Old 05-24-12, 02:24 PM   #4
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

I do think that Epic's way is better than what is currently going on, but issues like this (exactly like this) arise with each generation, and the reason and explanations are always the same. Not surprising really, since the goal is always the same as well. Better tech.

My other point was to debunk this thread because of comments like what zer0 wrote.
Old 05-24-12, 04:17 PM   #5
Logical

I guess it all boils down to the same thing too, money. It is easy for devs to say "hey we want to use our engines to the max and the hardware we are given ain't gonna do that", but from Sony and microsoft's point of view they have to make machines that are cost effective. Better hardware is more cost and again the people that effects the most is the consumers.

Whatever hardware will be used for the next gen machines im sure will plop all over current console gen hardware, and if dev's really want to showcase their engines then they always have PC hardware to do it on, wether it's cost effective or not. A good example of this is Cryteks Crysis 1.