Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-11-12, 12:45 PM   #1
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Crysis 3 spotted on Origin, bows and arrows pictured.

Quote:
It very much looks like Crysis 3 is real, then. Eurogamer have spotted several images of various boxed editions on Origin, and some box art of a nano-suited soldier posing with a bow, of all things. The prospect of taking on an army of gun-toting soldiers with a piece of medieval weaponry is certainly appealing, hopefully the suit comes with a MAXIMUM SHOW-OFF mode to go with it.

It looks as though GameReactor in Sweden is preparing an announcement cover, according to images discovered on NeoGaf, spotted by VG247. The background to the Origin artwork shows a tall building, suggesting an urban setting similar to Crysis 2. We’ll have to wait and see if that’s the case when Crytek do their big official reveal, but it’d be nice to see a return to the more open environments of the first game. What would you like to see from Crysis 3?
Linky
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12, 02:32 PM   #2
XDanger
Whaaat?

Default Re: Crysis 3 spotted on Origin, bows and arrows pictured.

I'm clicking add to cart but nothing happens
Old 04-11-12, 04:05 PM   #3
ViN86

After Crysis 2, does anyone care? I guess if you're a big fan of the story, you may get the third one. But Crysis 2 was a pos imo.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12, 04:43 PM   #4
Redeemed

I thoroughly enjoyed the first, the expansion, and the second. Really looking forward to the third.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12, 05:29 PM   #5
Logical

Another console crysis - no thanks

When Crytek make another PC exclusive and put the effort into it as they did the first then perhaps i would be interested...I agree with Vin the second Crysis was a POS.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 09:16 AM   #6
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Crysis 1 = Playable Benchmark. I was disappointed TBH, didn't even think of getting the 2nd one unless it drops to $10.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 12:51 PM   #7
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0 View Post
played crysis2 from start to finish once only.

played crysis1 from start to finish around 10 times.
I haven't even finished crysis 2 yet but the magic that the first one had in terms of that open area combat was nowhere to be found in crysis 2 and for me, that's the biggest buzz kill.

I'm also pretty bummed out that we didn't really get many great user made maps like vulcano, airstrip, etc. Seeing the incredible maps that the modders made truly showcased what the game could accomplish. Crysis 2 felt like nothing more than a prettier modern warfare with invisiblity added and a SLIGHTLY less linear mode of play.

Anyways, after reading up more, it seems like we're going to get an official announcement on this next Monday and that it's set in NY in the distant future where the forest has overgrown back into the city (sort of like how cities are depicted on that history channel series "life after people")

Regardless, I hope that crytek learned from it's colossal mistakes with C2 regarding the botched PC launch without DX11 and console textures and hilariously bad (riddled with hackers and pirated games) multiplayer.

I honestly would be happy if there were no "levels" so to speak but just an enormous wide open city that has been ravaged by nature and you simply have missions that send you from place to place in the city but at any time, you're free to travel about as you see fit (like GTA) and have certain areas of the city maybe become accessible as the story progresses (again like how GTA will block access to certain areas until the story deems them necessary)

I don't see why they can't do something like that. They are boasting that C3 will be "the best sandbox fps on the market" so do it.

One thing I hope I don't see in C3 is palm trees if it is actually in NY. Palm trees dont' grow in NYC. People are saying it's going to be a mix of urban and jungle. It should be urban/forest! It should look like this

4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 01:00 PM   #8
Cylphid

I never even finished Crysis 2. After 3-4 hours in there was nothing that made me want to see whatever else the game held. It just felt flat and poorly designed.

I hope Crysis 3 offers a lot more in terms of surprising the player with each new level, whether it be graphics, or story, enemy AI, or a combo of all 3 (hopefullly).
Cylphid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-12, 02:39 PM   #9
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

I enjoyed Crysis 2 a lot more than 1. It wasn't amazing, but 1 was complete garbage. I might buy this just to support bows and arrows in games. I think all games need bows and arrows.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 02:51 PM   #10
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Crysis 1 = Playable Benchmark. I was disappointed TBH, didn't even think of getting the 2nd one unless it drops to $10.
I'm about to blow your mind...

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Art...91SNDTH11NFV03

ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 02:54 PM   #11
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Too bad he dunn have gaming puter. On has apples and consoles.

HE IZ 1337!
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 03:01 PM   #12
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Too bad he dunn have gaming puter. On has apples and consoles.

HE IZ 1337!
Installing games and clicking on the icon requires too much tweaking. I just want it to work for me.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote