Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-02-12, 08:45 PM   #1
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Anyone else bored with gaming?

I've about called it quits for gaming. I don't know if it's the fact of me getting older or what, but gaming has hit an all time low for me. Besides Bioshock Infinite, everything else looks like a giant waste of time; no originality, no depth, nothing that really sparks my interest.

My XBOX has been turned on maybe twice in the past 1.5 months and I've played L4D2 on my Mac less than a handful of times. Heck, I've probably played games on my iPhone/iPad more than anything when I'm just sitting around.

Anybody else feel this way?

With the next gen consoles coming and the negative rumors floating around, I'm not sure I want to buy in, even years after they come out and the prices drop. Maybe there are some games in the works that will get me back into the swing of things.

I know that when we get my son, we will be hitting up some Minecraft! Other than that, Draw Something, Scramble with Friends and other iOS games will keep me "going".
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 09:03 PM   #2
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Anyone else bored with gaming?

I think it's normal. People's priorities, like/dislikes change. Maybe you could get into stamp collecting?

bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 09:07 PM   #3
Albo

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
I've about called it quits for gaming. I don't know if it's the fact of me getting older or what, but gaming has hit an all time low for me. Besides Bioshock Infinite, everything else looks like a giant waste of time; no originality, no depth, nothing that really sparks my interest.

My XBOX has been turned on maybe twice in the past 1.5 months and I've played L4D2 on my Mac less than a handful of times. Heck, I've probably played games on my iPhone/iPad more than anything when I'm just sitting around.

Anybody else feel this way?

With the next gen consoles coming and the negative rumors floating around, I'm not sure I want to buy in, even years after they come out and the prices drop. Maybe there are some games in the works that will get me back into the swing of things.

I know that when we get my son, we will be hitting up some Minecraft! Other than that, Draw Something, Scramble with Friends and other iOS games will keep me "going".
Literally have felt the same way for the past year. I can't remember the last time I played a game for more than an hour. Definitely February of last year.

edit: nvm.. I played Portal 2 Co-Op a **** ton with a friend a few months ago. If it's Co-Op, its a different story, although I don't really know of any other co-op games that I would enjoy.
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 09:08 PM   #4
Rogozhin

I still play BF3 on the xbox, but I don't game on the pc anymore.
Rogozhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 09:13 PM   #5
mojoman0

Pretty sure its called getting older.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 09:31 PM   #6
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
Pretty sure its called getting older.
nah, I think it's just a lack of new good/interesting games... I'd play more games if there were more like Skyrim, but so many just feel re-hashed...

I am kinda looking forward to Diablo 3 in May though, even if it is another re-hash...
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 02:06 AM   #7
Redeemed

AA;OIDNAS;GOIFANWEIFNA;SDKLAFM;OIBJ;ASIWE;AF DKLCVA0DIJWEIOAKFDMA IAJE;WOIAK VMA;OWEIAJV; A;OIWEK SDLVAM;IOWRAL;KSDVM ARIOAWERMOIACLSDJ VMA WERKLADSJVNAIO ERNKVSIODFKBHSNBIOPDFAVMWESDIOAJG BMSFKLDDJAFOILGKJSNAOIWEDASLVMSDFKO LHBSNDF ;OA9QEI[JWAOPJ GIODFAJASDFOKLFDGJA;IOASDJKFASOKLDJFAKL; DFJASDKF JASDI0FO AWJEJKLFAJSDIOPKLFJASLKJFASDOIFLJK

And chicken pastrami.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 08:12 AM   #8
Cylphid

I haven't called it quits yet. Some titles are a lot of fun like Deus Ex HR, but other interests are taking gamings place lately. See what this year brings.
Cylphid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-12, 09:21 AM   #9
jkmetal

No I haven't called it quits. I m still working on my collection, little by little. I ve been getting into terraria lately and more into indie games a bit. That and the x men origins game
Old 04-03-12, 09:23 AM   #10
Redeemed

Here I wait, all down hearted-
Tried the sh!t but only farted.

Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 10:16 AM   #11
de><ta
prodigy

Skyrim has renewed my zest for gaming.

Soon it will be D3.

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 11:57 AM   #12
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by de><ta View Post
Skyrim has renewed my zest for gaming.

Soon it will be D3.
Doom 3?
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote