Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-06-12, 12:19 AM   #49
mateomiguel

Default Re: Please do not use 295.40 or the security patch with GeForce 6, 7 or 8800GTX/GTS c

I've also been experiencing random crashes, graphical corruption, and complete system freezes using the 295.40 nvidia drivers and ubuntu 12.04 precise pangolin 64 bit. My hardware is an ASUS G53SW laptop. It was quite difficult to pin down what the problem was, since my system would run for hours at work doing word processing or text file editing. But when watching full-screen movies on a second monitor it would freeze after minutes or an hour or two. Also, rebooting and trying to continue using the system would result in freezing at everything from the animated ASUS POST screen to the login screen or the desktop. The description of problems is the cloesest to these problems. I"ve updated 295.49 drivers and i'm waiting to see if the problems go away.
mateomiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 11:13 AM   #50
mateomiguel

Default Re: Please do not use 295.40 or the security patch with GeForce 6, 7 or 8800GTX/GTS c

After installing the 295.49 drivers I got another system freeze after leaving the laptop idle for several hours and then doing some web surfing on it. So I upgraded to the 302.11 drivers, and have watched youtube videos for a few hours without any system freeze. Hopefully the long dark night of an unstable system is over.
mateomiguel is offline   Reply With Quote