Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-25-03, 10:17 PM   #205
saulin

They are under shadows. Kinna funny isn't it. That way is not soo easy to be spotted.

Anyways I repeat what I just said.

Call it an optimization, bug or cheat. The bottom line is that both companies have some of the three options.

my 2 cents!!
saulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-03, 10:20 PM   #206
reever2

Quote:
Originally posted by saulin
They are under shadows. Kinna funny isn't it. That way is not soo easy to be spotted.
Dude wtf are you talking about? There is nothing to spot, the items are MISSING, anybody can clearly see what is not being rendered properly
reever2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-03, 11:31 PM   #207
Spotch

Quote:
The real problem is that both ATI and Nvidia use the optimizations... in order to achieve better fps or simply better benchmark scores. However most people just accuse Nvidia of cheating.

The real problem is that most people that uses ATI just bitches about Nvidia IQ and as we can see in the screenshot comparison. The Nvidia screenshot looks just darker nothing you can't fix with "Digital Vibrance" and yet the Nvidia shot looks better. AF looks better. Plus is not missing some details that the ATI shot is missing.

So there you have it.

As of right now there is no point for me trying to show you that Nvidia's IQ is not the only one that sucks and that nvidia is not the only one that cheats anymore.

Call it an optimization, bug or cheat. The bottom line is that both companies have some of the three options.

I am very confused at the logo on the starboard fender. I have run the demo and in that shot and previous shots the little orange logo is drawn consistently. It never looks like the NV shot. In fact it looks completely different.
Whats confusing is that it does not look like a blurry or less detailed version, it IS a different logo and has a distict shape and color. Now could this be an alternate texture layer that is not detected or drawn by the NV card or vice versa meaning it is the ATI card not drawing or detecting the texture displayed by the NV card? We must find out.
Spotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-03, 12:49 AM   #208
fivefeet8
Ngemu Mod

Come on. I want more people to look at the shots and say which drivers they are from.
[i7 2600k @4.4ghertz][2x4 GB DDR3 1600][EVGA GTX570 1.280GB SC][EVGA GTX460 physx][Asrock Extreme7 Gen3 Z68][2xSeagate 160 Gb SATA HD raid0][Seagate 250 GB SATA2 HD][Sony Bravia 40' 1080p LCD HDTV][NEC 3520a DVD+-DLw][Windows 7 Ultimate x64][Rosewill 1000w]
fivefeet8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-03, 12:54 AM   #209
Spotch

Quote:
Originally posted by fivefeet8
Come on. I want more people to look at the shots and say which drivers they are from.
Your shots are flawed. It is easy to tell because the two driver versions render the health power ups very differently. Notice one is blue and the other is a very pale blue.

PS: sorry to ruin it for you...
Old 09-26-03, 01:00 AM   #210
fivefeet8
Ngemu Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by Spotch
Your shots are flawed. It is easy to tell because the two driver versions render the health power ups very differently. Notice one is blue and the other is a very pale blue.

PS: sorry to ruin it for you...
What are you talking about.. Which is which driver then if it's so easy? Actually, when the health power ups spin, they look different. Guess you didn't ruin it. And your neglecting to make a decision as well. So which driver goes with which shot?
[i7 2600k @4.4ghertz][2x4 GB DDR3 1600][EVGA GTX570 1.280GB SC][EVGA GTX460 physx][Asrock Extreme7 Gen3 Z68][2xSeagate 160 Gb SATA HD raid0][Seagate 250 GB SATA2 HD][Sony Bravia 40' 1080p LCD HDTV][NEC 3520a DVD+-DLw][Windows 7 Ultimate x64][Rosewill 1000w]

Last edited by fivefeet8; 09-26-03 at 01:08 AM.
Old 09-26-03, 01:47 AM   #211
Spotch

Quote:
Originally posted by fivefeet8
What are you talking about.. Which is which driver then if it's so easy? Actually, when the health power ups spin, they look different. Guess you didn't ruin it. And your neglecting to make a decision as well. So which driver goes with which shot?
Perhaps I was mistaken. I just ran the game and noticed that they do change color when they spin. I just brought up the glaring difference in your screenshot thinking that anyone with an FX or ATI card could tell by running the game themselves.

Perhaps if you created identical screencaptures it would help people compare the two. Also the screenshots are no longer accessible. I could not see any real differences in image quality myself, however it is not the screenshots that look the same that is of importance here, it is the ones that are different.

Last edited by Spotch; 09-26-03 at 01:50 AM.
Old 09-26-03, 01:57 AM   #212
fivefeet8
Ngemu Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by Spotch
Perhaps if you created identical screencaptures it would help people compare the two. Also the screenshots are no longer accessible. I could not see any real differences in image quality myself, however it is not the screenshots that look the same that is of importance here, it is the ones that are different.
Yeah, free geocities accounts have very small bandwidth limits per hour. I could make identical screen captures, but I was trying to test the claim made earlier by other people that saw differences in IQ from similar screenshots. Not identical. And has been noted numerous times, the only thing evidently different is the missing roof fog. Which by all accounts could very well be a driver bug and not an optimization or cheat.

Come on. Those before who said they saw noticeable texture differences, choose.

AFter which, I'll post up identical shots with different drivers.

Old 09-26-03, 04:42 AM   #213
StealthHawk

Quote:
BTW Nvidia isn't the only one cheating.

ATI cheats in 3DMark and cheats in Aquamark and in UT 2K3 just so you know.
ATI cheats in like one game test(Nature) in 3dmark2001(who really cares? Is it even worth removing). Of course you beloved NVIDIA cheats in the Nature test...and the other tests too.

There is no proof that anyone is cheating in Aquamark. If anyone is cheating it's NVIDIA.

ATI doesn't cheat in UT2003 Only NVIDIA does.
Old 09-26-03, 12:28 PM   #214
fivefeet8
Ngemu Mod

Part of the experiment is over. I posted the same shots and topic at another message board and the answers were the same. When you already believe the 51.75's reduce image quality for performance, your probably going to see IQ loss even when there probably isn't any. As evident by this experiment, all the ones who chose the First DM-icetomb shot as the 51.75's were wrong. And anyone who chose the second Ice-tomb shot as 51.75's are also wrong. Both were done with 45.23 drivers.

The two rustatorium shots were done with different drivers though. But it's funny how hard it is to choose drivers for those two.
Old 09-26-03, 12:39 PM   #215
Flavius

You bastard! We should flay you alive for this! This is enough to make me post at Rage3D exclusively.
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-03, 12:49 PM   #216
hovz

well if they were both 45.23 then u also havernt proved that there isnt a loss in image quality
hovz is offline   Reply With Quote