Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-11-03, 06:24 PM   #277
SuLinUX
 
SuLinUX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 847
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
OK I'll make it a lot simpler this time, I can play more games

Let's not also forget you have been told around 3 times why this happens
I can play most of my Windows games in Linux, oh one more thing Linux is FREE.

Let me put it simple,

Windows OpenGL/D3d/Icetomb=very slow

Linux OpenGL/Icetomb=smooth as normal

__________________
AthlonXP 2600+ / nForce2 Asus A7N8X-X / PNY GeForce FX5900 Ultra / 1024Mb Samsung Ram /nForce Sound / Hansol 920D Plus 19" monitor / Lite-On 32x12x40 / 2x Maxtor HD 40Gb/80Gb / nVidia 7174 driver / Gnome 2.10.1 / Kernel 2.6.11.9 / Slackware 10.0
SuLinUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-03, 06:29 PM   #278
vampireuk
**** Holster
 
vampireuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The armoury
Posts: 2,813
Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default

You have asked why this happens and you have been told. The problem you have with the answers is that nobody has simply said "because Linux is better". Let me put it this way I personally will not use Linux because I won't be able to play the games that I like to play. This will be the case for a lot more people too, sorry but Windows is better for gaming, end of story.
__________________
I put children in microwaves.
vampireuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-03, 06:37 PM   #279
SuLinUX
 
SuLinUX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 847
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
You have asked why this happens and you have been told. The problem you have with the answers is that nobody has simply said "because Linux is better". Let me put it this way I personally will not use Linux because I won't be able to play the games that I like to play. This will be the case for a lot more people too, sorry but Windows is better for gaming, end of story.
WTF are you talking about, get a grip man, this is not about if Linux is better than windows at games you moron.

It's about (like the thread says) DM-Icetomb feedback needed.

I'm saying that in Linux there is no problem with Icetomb, so It cannot be a FX card probelm.

jesus christ man.
__________________
AthlonXP 2600+ / nForce2 Asus A7N8X-X / PNY GeForce FX5900 Ultra / 1024Mb Samsung Ram /nForce Sound / Hansol 920D Plus 19" monitor / Lite-On 32x12x40 / 2x Maxtor HD 40Gb/80Gb / nVidia 7174 driver / Gnome 2.10.1 / Kernel 2.6.11.9 / Slackware 10.0
SuLinUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-03, 06:39 PM   #280
vampireuk
**** Holster
 
vampireuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The armoury
Posts: 2,813
Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default

You might want to rethink calling anybody in this forum a moron, espcially a moderator. The fact is you are going on about one level of one game that runs better on Linux and believe it's a good reason to switch over?
__________________
I put children in microwaves.
vampireuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-03, 06:43 PM   #281
SuLinUX
 
SuLinUX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 847
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
You might want to rethink calling anybody in this forum a moron, espcially a moderator. The fact is you are going on about one level of one game that runs better on Linux and believe it's a good reason to switch over?
This is incredible, your still thinking i'm having ago at windows.

Read the f****** thing properly.

Do you want me to spell it out to you more simply as the person wants feedback on DM-Icetomb.
__________________
AthlonXP 2600+ / nForce2 Asus A7N8X-X / PNY GeForce FX5900 Ultra / 1024Mb Samsung Ram /nForce Sound / Hansol 920D Plus 19" monitor / Lite-On 32x12x40 / 2x Maxtor HD 40Gb/80Gb / nVidia 7174 driver / Gnome 2.10.1 / Kernel 2.6.11.9 / Slackware 10.0
SuLinUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-03, 06:46 PM   #282
vampireuk
**** Holster
 
vampireuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The armoury
Posts: 2,813
Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default

Quote:
I can play most of my Windows games in Linux, oh one more thing Linux is FREE.
Hey and at least I never argue with myself besides everyone can see this is just your little crusade against windows by flat out ignoring what you have already been told. And watch your tongue.
__________________
I put children in microwaves.
vampireuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-03, 06:52 PM   #283
mrsabidji
I am the cheese...
 
mrsabidji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 506
Send a message via ICQ to mrsabidji
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SuLinUX
This is incredible, your still thinking i'm having ago at windows.

Read the f****** thing properly.

Do you want me to spell it out to you more simply as the person wants feedback on DM-Icetomb.
The problem is you don't provide any valid feedback. People here are investigating nv35's performance in DM-Icetomb in D3D and all you could say is basically 'UT2k3 runs better under Linux'. That's kind, but rather useless, for the matter they were discussing here.

mrsabidji
__________________
Signing posts since 1427.
mrsabidji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-03, 06:52 PM   #284
SuLinUX
 
SuLinUX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 847
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Hey and at least I never argue with myself besides everyone can see this is just your little crusade against windows by flat out ignoring what you have already been told. And watch your tongue.
Look that was just put in because you were pissing me off, the fact remains that the Icetomb level issue is nothing to do with the FX.
__________________
AthlonXP 2600+ / nForce2 Asus A7N8X-X / PNY GeForce FX5900 Ultra / 1024Mb Samsung Ram /nForce Sound / Hansol 920D Plus 19" monitor / Lite-On 32x12x40 / 2x Maxtor HD 40Gb/80Gb / nVidia 7174 driver / Gnome 2.10.1 / Kernel 2.6.11.9 / Slackware 10.0
SuLinUX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-03, 06:54 PM   #285
SuLinUX
 
SuLinUX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 847
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mrsabidji
The problem is you don't provide any valid feedback. People here are investigating nv35's performance in DM-Icetomb in D3D and all you could say is basically 'UT2k3 runs better under Linux'. That's kind, but rather useless, for the matter they were discussing here.

mrsabidji
How can it be useless, if It runs in Linux normal then it's not a nv35 problem is it.

FFS.
__________________
AthlonXP 2600+ / nForce2 Asus A7N8X-X / PNY GeForce FX5900 Ultra / 1024Mb Samsung Ram /nForce Sound / Hansol 920D Plus 19" monitor / Lite-On 32x12x40 / 2x Maxtor HD 40Gb/80Gb / nVidia 7174 driver / Gnome 2.10.1 / Kernel 2.6.11.9 / Slackware 10.0
SuLinUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-03, 06:57 PM   #286
mrsabidji
I am the cheese...
 
mrsabidji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 506
Send a message via ICQ to mrsabidji
Default

It'll be usefull when Linux will run D3D. The problem is (read carefully) nv35 seems to not perform well in Direct3D, thus its OpenGL performance in Linux has no real importance here.

mrsabidji
__________________
Signing posts since 1427.
mrsabidji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-03, 07:00 PM   #287
SuLinUX
 
SuLinUX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 847
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mrsabidji
It'll be usefull when Linux will run D3D. The problem is (read carefully) nv35 seems to not perform well in Direct3D, thus its OpenGL performance in Linux has no real importance here.

mrsabidji
It still runs bad in windows OpenGL, so would you agree it's not a nv35 problem?
__________________
AthlonXP 2600+ / nForce2 Asus A7N8X-X / PNY GeForce FX5900 Ultra / 1024Mb Samsung Ram /nForce Sound / Hansol 920D Plus 19" monitor / Lite-On 32x12x40 / 2x Maxtor HD 40Gb/80Gb / nVidia 7174 driver / Gnome 2.10.1 / Kernel 2.6.11.9 / Slackware 10.0
SuLinUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-03, 07:05 PM   #288
mrsabidji
I am the cheese...
 
mrsabidji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 506
Send a message via ICQ to mrsabidji
Default

That's what they're trying to find out... However, the problem being Direct3d related, OpenGL (be it run in Windows or Linux) performance can't be taken into account.

mrsabidji
__________________
Signing posts since 1427.
mrsabidji is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My UT2003 Tweak Guide DXnfiniteFX Gaming Central 48 10-31-02 12:59 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.