Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-16-03, 01:59 PM   #205
MikeC
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Speaking of other interests, I just heard that Hurricane Isabelle has been downclassed to a category two...I'll keep working on it.
Thanks John, try and get it downgraded to tropical storm. These computers will not all fit in the van.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-03, 02:01 PM   #206
eesa
the original postmasta'

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeC
Sorry I'm not perfect Eesa. I do still work a full time job and have wanted to enjoy other interests beside this webpage.

BTW, your IP address is coming from ATI Headquarters, do you work for ATI?
bah, one comment turns into 2 turns into 3....

Hey, I know you have your own life and I wasn't trying to emphisize how you haven't been around. That's not the point at all. You've maintained this site all this time and we all have you to thank for that.

Now for what I was really trying to get at, for which that software rendering remark only served to trigger. It really does look (from my perspective) that when you make statements it's coming out of some nvidia media relations handbook. And with the site getting bigger and ever more successful and nvidia obviously poking around here, there's more on the table for you than say 5 years ago. I'll believe you if you tell me I'm wrong, but on the outside without all the facts it does seem that way.

hmm, looked up my ip. Wanted to ban me already? Yeah, I'm here doing sort of doing an internship. Part of my university program. It's cool in that I get to play with the latest stuff and see all the release info -was holding an eng. sample XT today. But I hope you give me enough credit and believe that this doesn't affect my objectivity too much.
eesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-03, 02:05 PM   #207
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by eesa
bah, one comment turns into 2 turns into 3....

Hey, I know you have your own life and I wasn't trying to emphisize how you haven't been around. That's not the point at all. You've maintained this site all this time and we all have you to thank for that.

Now for what I was really trying to get at, for which that software rendering remark only served to trigger. It really does look (from my perspective) that when you make statements it's coming out of some nvidia media relations handbook. And with the site getting bigger and ever more successful and nvidia obviously poking around here, there's more on the table for you than say 5 years ago. I'll believe you if you tell me I'm wrong, but on the outside without all the facts it does seem that way.

hmm, looked up my ip. Wanted to ban me already? Yeah, I'm here doing sort of doing an internship. Part of my university program. It's cool in that I get to play with the latest stuff and see all the release info -was holding an eng. sample XT today. But I hope you give me enough credit and believe that this doesn't affect my objectivity too much.
OH!

I just had this great idea for an Elite Bastard's headline: "ATi employee makes trouble at leading nVidia site!"

I gotta go update the front-page, I'll be right back!

The Dig runs off with an absolutely insane look in his eyes and an ear-to-ear grin...
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-03, 02:08 PM   #208
Skuzzy
Bit Bumper

You guys are slow. We have known he was an intern at ATI for a couple of weeks.

Hmmmm,...wonder if Isabelle is a vapor now. hehe. I'm in a mood today. Having some fun between builds.
Old 09-16-03, 02:08 PM   #209
eesa
the original postmasta'

don't even think about it.

I would hardly consider this making trouble, and I've always called this place my home regardless of where I work.
Old 09-16-03, 02:10 PM   #210
Skuzzy
Bit Bumper

He's razing you eesa. My bet is he is still trying to find his car keys. Wonder if he knows about hurricane Juliet? hehe
Old 09-16-03, 02:11 PM   #211
digitalwanderer

Quote:
don't even think about it.
Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh!
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 09-16-03, 02:12 PM   #212
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Skuzzy
My bet is he is still trying to find his car keys.
Pffffffft! I keep an extra set just for that reason and still got 15 minutes before I gotta go pick up me son from school. (I was just teasing though. )
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]

Old 09-16-03, 02:12 PM   #213
eesa
the original postmasta'

Quote:
He's razing you eesa. My bet is he is still trying to find his car keys. Wonder if he knows about hurricane Juliet? hehe
I know. What? Just because I don't overuse smilies it means I'm being serious all the time?

So what's with this hurricane business? I haven't been paying attention to the weather.
Old 09-16-03, 02:14 PM   #214
eesa
the original postmasta'

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Pffffffft! I keep an extra set just for that reason and still got 15 minutes before I gotta go pick up me son from school. (I was just teasing though. )
Yeah, speaking of which, you have a family and all. How DO you manage to spend so much time around here? It's absolutely amazing I thought marriage destroyed any hope of having free time
Old 09-16-03, 02:25 PM   #215
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Yeah, speaking of which, you have a family and all. How DO you manage to spend so much time around here? It's absolutely amazing I thought marriage destroyed any hope of having free time
It's been easy ever since a few weeks ago, both my children FINALLY started school full-time and I'm finding life a whole lot easier....before that it was in 5 minute sanity breaks and just typing about a bazillion words a minute. (I'm a pretty quick typist, I think most of us are. )

With school in session I actually get some time to THINK while I post and such, it's neat! My house is actually clean and I got the time to keep it clean, the family is doing great, and I'm actually getting ready to start a few projects for Elite Bastards that I never could before due to time restraints. (And a 3 & 6 year old that like to "help" Daddy play with his computers....but I shouldn't complain since the buggers are pretty bright with 'em. )

It's a good time to have some free time too. I've been burning the candle at both ends for about 5 years now and I don't mind the world slowing down a little one bit at all!
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 09-16-03, 02:34 PM   #216
Clay

Quote:

You guys are slow. We have known he was an intern at ATI for a couple of weeks.

Hmmmm,...wonder if Isabelle is a vapor now. hehe. I'm in a mood today. Having some fun between builds.
Nah, we're not slow...just q u i e t sometimes.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote