Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-13-03, 02:00 PM   #49
russo121
I see dead people

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeC
Stop with the stupid remarks
You know what is stupid? It's saying the same old thing in almost all posts in this forum..... the same arguments in different posts.... Be real: Nvidia is not good, lets talk how can Ati improve their equipment, drivers.....Lets try to improve what can be improved and we can bet.....
russo121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-03, 02:05 PM   #50
DMA
Zzzleepy

Quote:
Stop with the stupid remarks
Sorry MikeC, but what do you expect? People who come here and see all the "nv bashing" think it's ok to do the same. Way too tolerant mods here maybe?

(But sure, at least you get hits whenever NVIDIA is in trouble so let them continue bashing huh?)
Old 09-13-03, 02:07 PM   #51
Hanners
Elite Bastard

Quote:
Originally posted by russo121
You know what is stupid? It's saying the same old thing in almost all posts in this forum..... the same arguments in different posts.... Be real: Nvidia is not good, lets talk how can Ati improve their equipment, drivers.....Lets try to improve what can be improved and we can bet.....
This isn't really the place to discuss ATi hardware, being nVnews and all.

There is a Non-nVidia Graphics Board section for that kind of thing though, best to keep it to there. Saying nVidia is using software rendering is pretty stupid though, you must admit?
Old 09-13-03, 02:16 PM   #52
MikeC
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by russo121
You want to come to MY NVIDIA GRAPHICS FORUM and tell me to talk about how ATI can improve their equipment? You get REAL

I get sick and tired of the NV bashing myself. I will start banning continued offenders. That's the only warning many of you will get, so you all know what to "expect".
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-03, 02:21 PM   #53
Hellbinder

Nutty..

They obviously are replacing shaders with Fixed Function as many times as possible.

I just dont understand the angle some of you guys take on these issues. Especially some of you with programming exprience Because you know darn well whats being done here.

I am Still Curious how the Two score so closely together at all. Aquamark is obviously using _PP hints in there base code already. Which as we have seen does not make up entirely for the Difference in performance. You will still see some nice looking HDR effects even at FP16.

What is happening here is they (Nvidia) are Replacing shaders in AQ3 with PS1.4 created shaders. Something they plainly said they were going to use in there Rebuttle to HL2.

Which is why i say any comparrison between ATi and Nvidia with Det50's are Completely invalid. As the Game will be Reporting Max Features, Or DX9 opr whatever but Nvidia is using PS1.4 all over the place. If the game is not reporting some kind of Mixed mode resut then what you ahve is not Driver Optimization.

But outright Fraud.
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Radeon 9600M Turbo 128 (400/250)
Catalyst 4.2
Latest good read. [url]http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=[/url]
Hellbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-03, 02:25 PM   #54
Hellbinder

Quote:
You want to come to MY NVIDIA GRAPHICS FORUM and tell me to talk about how ATI can improve their equipment? You get REAL

I get sick and tired of the NV bashing myself. I will start banning continued offenders. That's the only warning many of you will get, so you all know what to "expect".
Mike...

I completely agree with you as far as the Cheesey one liners people are posting and Obvious Flame Bait posts.

BUT...

In all Honestly Nvidia is Bashing themselves and Quite Frankly they Deserve the Hard response they are gettiing. The Nvidia Bashing would Stop tomorrow if Nvidia would stop this crap they are pulling. Because what they are doing now is tantamount to Fraud. Then Going Further and trying to Discredit companies like Valve and others who try to get the Truth of whats going on out to people.

A Spade is a Spade.
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Radeon 9600M Turbo 128 (400/250)
Catalyst 4.2
Latest good read. [url]http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=[/url]
Hellbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-03, 02:32 PM   #55
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:

am I an offender ?

lemme know via pm is possible so I will know whether to tone down or not...

cheers..
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-03, 02:33 PM   #56
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hellbinder
Nutty..

They obviously are replacing shaders with Fixed Function as many times as possible.

I just dont understand the angle some of you guys take on these issues. Especially some of you with programming exprience Because you know darn well whats being done here.

I am Still Curious how the Two score so closely together at all. Aquamark is obviously using _PP hints in there base code already. Which as we have seen does not make up entirely for the Difference in performance. You will still see some nice looking HDR effects even at FP16.

What is happening here is they (Nvidia) are Replacing shaders in AQ3 with PS1.4 created shaders. Something they plainly said they were going to use in there Rebuttle to HL2.

Which is why i say any comparrison between ATi and Nvidia with Det50's are Completely invalid. As the Game will be Reporting Max Features, Or DX9 opr whatever but Nvidia is using PS1.4 all over the place. If the game is not reporting some kind of Mixed mode resut then what you ahve is not Driver Optimization.

But outright Fraud.
tbh I would still like to see the det 5x.xx's released PUBLICLY so everyone can dissect em and we all can have a better idea of whats happening other than speculation..

I mean yah.. the AM3 screenies do give us an idea... but I would rather have some of the more technically skilled amongst us break the information down after handson experience
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-03, 02:37 PM   #57
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally posted by demonic
I've made a slideshow jpg to show the difference between the R9800 and the FX5600 using the 51.x drivers..

Hopefully, I have not degraded the png files, as im crap with Animation Shop 3

Could someone do this with "just" the two det version pictures? Because i am curious. The ATI picture was clearly better.

But its the 2 det versions I am haven issues with.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-03, 02:39 PM   #58
G6-200

It's amazing that even before the AquaMark3 benchmark is released it's credibility as an unbiased benchmark is already in question.
In my humble opinion nVidia has lost all credibility and they should be working to get that back, not working at digging the hole deeper.

G6
G6-200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-03, 02:47 PM   #59
MikeC
Administrator

Hellbinder wrote

In all Honestly Nvidia is Bashing themselves and Quite Frankly they Deserve the Hard response they are gettiing. The Nvidia Bashing would Stop tomorrow if Nvidia would stop this crap they are pulling. Because what they are doing now is tantamount to Fraud. Then Going Further and trying to Discredit companies like Valve and others who try to get the Truth of whats going on out to people.

A Spade is a Spade

MIKEC responds:

I'm not the Spade you can understand that can't you. This isn't NVIDIA's website they just turn their head and Myself and the Staff deal with the outrage. So remember that the next time somebody posts flamebait.

Sazar I haven't had any complaints about you so you must be clean
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-03, 02:48 PM   #60
demonic

Here you go

http://81.98.4.56/difference2.gif

Last edited by demonic; 09-13-03 at 03:35 PM.
demonic is offline   Reply With Quote