Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Archived News Items

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-06-12, 06:50 PM   #1
News

Post Arma 3 video shows minutes of in-game footage

New Arma 3 video footage? On my Sunday? Thanks, world. Czech channel Gamepage.cz has exercised its home court advantage to secure minutes of totally new in-game footage of Arma 3, which could be the PC's prettiest game when it releases. Lead Designer Ivan Buchta narrates as a few features are shown in detail, including stealthy underwater SDVs and the recently-announced island of Stratis. I've taken the opportunity to jot up some observations.

0:55 ' Bikinis confirmed.

1:05 ' I still can't believe Bohemia is committing this much to underwater simulation. The textures and ambient life down here is absolutely generous. Live feed cameras in the ****pit? Wow; looking forward to having those in tanks and other land vehicles. The underwater lighting feels a little global, though. Glad to finally see steering animations in first-person.

2:45 ' Look at those ridges. You don't see those kinds of dramatic peaks and valleys in Arma 2?s stock maps. Narrow dirt roads overlooking valleys. Stratis looks great.

3:47 ' I'm not crazy about that running animation, honestly. It looks like he's bounding a lot, and his arms seem pretty static.

5:10 ' Chem lights confirmed. That'll be a welcome mechanic that connects air support (either the rescuing type, or the shooty type) with ground teams.

Thanks to @OvidiuCara for passing along the original link.

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote