Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-15-03, 10:24 AM   #13
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by jimbob0i0
Baron the last 2 threads I have read have had random star wars associations from you - you feeling okay?

Hmm I wonder if the gamma/brightness results are accidental or not? Less detail = make it darker so they can't see the bits missing... would make sense...

Wait for det 60's - an all black screen - the ultimate in optimisation
this one has star wars assosciations from the titel...

the other one I added the first star wars assosciation to bring baron into the fray

I am on meds... dunno bout him...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-03, 10:48 AM   #14
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
I am on meds... dunno bout him...
"I've got a bad feeling about this...."
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-03, 01:06 PM   #15
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Talking

When you think you can't sink even deeper , earth suddenly opens and swallows you

Situation happening with Nvidia only possitive thing i see about Nvidia is half decent Nforce motherboards
Old 09-15-03, 01:39 PM   #16
nelg

Remember the UT2003 Trilinear cheat? Its back. This time for all D3D apps.
http://www.3dcenter.de/artikel/2003/09-15_a.php
nelg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-03, 01:42 PM   #17
John Reynolds

According to that 3DCenter article, max anisotropy of 2 on texture stage 0 regardless of settings in-app or via control panel and even worse 'trilinear' than we've seen in the past. But of course while Nvidia strongly 'suggest' to various websites that these drivers be used, they can always fall back to the old, "Hey, they're betas!".
John Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-03, 01:43 PM   #18
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by nelg
Remember the UT2003 Trilinear cheat? Its back. This time for all D3D apps.
http://www.3dcenter.de/artikel/2003/09-15_a.php
anyone care to translate that ?

I see the graphs and pics.. .but I want to know whats going on besides... and my german friend is in class
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-03, 01:43 PM   #19
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by John Reynolds
According to that 3DCenter article, max anisotropy of 2 on texture stage 0 regardless of settings in-app or via control panel and even worse 'trilinear' than we've seen in the past. But of course while Nvidia strongly 'suggest' to various websites that these drivers be used, they can always fall back to the old, "Hey, they're betas!".
I can't tell if you're being cynical or sarcastic John...

[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-03, 01:58 PM   #20
nelg

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
anyone care to translate that ?

I see the graphs and pics.. .but I want to know whats going on besides... and my german friend is in class
Quote:
Originally posted by John Reynolds According to that 3DCenter article, max anisotropy of 2 on texture stage 0 regardless of settings in-app or via control panel and even worse 'trilinear' than we've seen in the past. But of course while Nvidia strongly 'suggest' to various websites that these drivers be used, they can always fall back to the old, "Hey, they're betas!".
The Application setting is now for decorative use only.
BTW I should have given credit to B3D. Thats where I read about it.
nelg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-03, 01:59 PM   #21
ReDeeMeR
The Guy Next Door *wink*

Send a message via ICQ to ReDeeMeR

Quote:
Originally posted by creedamd
This just get worse.. the IQ is horrible on the Det 50's, why in the world would anyone want their games to look like that?

Because that's the only way they will get to play those games on their uber expensive cards AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I'm bad
ReDeeMeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-03, 04:45 PM   #22
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Hmm...is it just me, or is anyone else suprised the the FX5900 is only about 20% slower then the 9800 in Halo? Considering that Halo is supposed to make decent use of PS 2.0 effects, I expected the margin to be much bigger (refering to the 45.xx dets, btw). Nothing like difference we've seen in TR:AOD and HL2. And actually, it seems the det 50s don't really improve speed that much. Actually it's very odd that they make a bigger difference at lower res then at higher res (the difference between the 50.xx and 45.xx dets in Halo and TR at 1600x1200 is less then 1 FPS). Hell, I'd expect a bigger boost from the cheats alone, let alone any real optimisations they made. Though it's still very odd...why is it only certain backgrounds are darker? What is causing the backgrounds to be darker like that? Obviously simply making the background darker won't impact performence, but what effect is it that's being cut out that's causing it?

Actually, even TR:AOD isn't as bad as some of the benchies I saw. Every other benchmark I saw put it at around less then half the FPS of the 9800, but in this benchmark it's only around 40% slower. Sure, it's a huge margin, but the 41 FPS the 5900 pumps out is a lot more playable then the 25 FPS I saw before. I'd like to see what happens with HL2 once the public benchmark is out.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-03, 04:51 PM   #23
bkswaney
Mr. Extreme!

Send a message via Yahoo to bkswaney

Well, I think it's BS that Nvidia is #1 on this benchmark.
Using leaked beta drivers that lower IQ just to get to the #1 spot
is just wrong.
I think it's kinda funny the beta 50's get leaked the same time AM3 is released.

I guess there is no end to how low they will go.
15.6 inch HD WideScreen
Nvidia 8200M-G 895mb
2Gig system ram
250Gig SATA 5400rpm HDrive
Vista Premium
bkswaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-03, 05:26 PM   #24
Cassius

Edge

HL2 is probably just uses alot more ps 2.0 shaders than halo or tomb raider
Cassius is offline   Reply With Quote