Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-18-03, 12:32 AM   #145
serAph
The Original Superfreak

Send a message via ICQ to serAph Send a message via AIM to serAph Send a message via Yahoo to serAph

lmao - just payed my first indepth visit to Rage3d's forums and saw maaannny familiar faces there - only with like 8x as many posts and stuff. I see where the anti-nvidia ppl came from... I dont think i have anything to say @ rage3d... and wont until I own an ATi card... so for the time being, Ill stick to my other forums.
serAph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-03, 12:35 AM   #146
Deathlike2
Driver Reinstall Addict

Rage3D is more than 2x extreme when it comes to NVidia-ATI issues... at least here and Beyond3D.. some ACTUAL discussion takes place...

It makes you appreciate what the education provides on different forums (this includes Anandtech, HardOCP, Tom's Hardware... etc etc).. some are off base.. and some are on the money...
Deathlike2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-03, 09:26 AM   #147
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by lukar
Why Did Admin delete all my posts?
It's part of their "thread-cleaning", they occassionally shut down some threads and go thru and delete what they feel to be useless/redundant stuff.

As hard as it is to believe, I lose an awful lot of good posts that way.

(BUT I'M NOT COMPLAINING!!!! Mods/admins can do that and nVnews is quite up front with the fact that they do....but I also trust their discretion and have never had a problem with them pulling down something that I feel should stay up, they use good judgement here. )

Quote:
Originally posted by serAph
lmao - just payed my first indepth visit to Rage3d's forums and saw maaannny familiar faces there - only with like 8x as many posts and stuff. I see where the anti-nvidia ppl came from... I dont think i have anything to say @ rage3d... and wont until I own an ATi card... so for the time being, Ill stick to my other forums.
A lot of us have had cards from both IHV's, there's still no place as good as Rage3D for finding out ATi info just like there isn't any better place than nVnews to keep abreast of nVidia....why is it so surprising that the serious enthusiasts belong to both?

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathlike2
Rage3D is more than 2x extreme when it comes to NVidia-ATI issues... at least here and Beyond3D.. some ACTUAL discussion takes place...
I know the signal-to-noise ratio ain't always the best at Rage3D, but again I will say that there is no place better to get ATi information from. (Well, 'cept mebbe me....but that's where I get most of mine too. )
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-03, 09:30 AM   #148
The Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
(BUT I'M NOT COMPLAINING!!!! Mods/admins can do that and nVnews is quite up front with the fact that they do....but I also trust their discretion and have never had a problem with them pulling down something that I feel should stay up, they use good judgement here. )
Gracias. Nobody here deletes anything that has content--if you want to complain about NVIDIA and have a decent reason for posting about it, knock yourself out. It's the spam and the personal attacks and the fanboy bashing ("dude nv suxxors omfglolz ati roxxors my boxxors") that will get stuff deleted/closed.
Old 09-18-03, 09:46 AM   #149
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Gracias. Nobody here deletes anything that has content--if you want to complain about NVIDIA and have a decent reason for posting about it, knock yourself out. It's the spam and the personal attacks and the fanboy bashing ("dude nv suxxors omfglolz ati roxxors my boxxors") that will get stuff deleted/closed.
Yup, and you and the rest of the staff here at nVnews has done a great job at keeping the peace while not interrupting the dialogue. My hat really is off to you and the rest of the folks here at nVnews, I don't envy you your jobs right now. (I HATE being a mod at places you actually have to work at and not just have the powers to abuse for fun....see why they don't give me more powers at EB now? )

I think this is the only place that I don't mind me posts being wiped out on, but you folks have earned my trust & respect in that department....weird.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote