Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Archived News Items

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-26-12, 06:00 AM   #1
News

Post What Did I Just Watch? ' Mad Riders

A few weeks ago, I was accosted by a disarmingly elderly-looking salesman during the after-party of a gaming event. While everyone else clutched refreshing beverages in their keyboard-calloused hands, he brandished a clipboard in much the same way a soldier would handle a firearm. His spiel, which ended up sounding sort of like an elevator pitch for Gamification, was all at once targeted and messy ' like a SWAT shotgun that fired heaping gobs of butter. It was the weirdest thing. I walked away ' or escaped, really ' not quite grasping whathe was trying to tell me, but understanding that he wanted people to notice the ******* hell out of it.

And now, I'm getting an eerily similar feeling from the latest trailer for Ubisoft and Dead Island dev Techland's Mad Riders because, well, goodness. Lots of things happen in this trailer. Occasionally, they're even related. First it's a parody, then it's a parody of itself, and by the end, I think it might even be parody of that parody. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll cringe. You might even do all three at once. So maybe have an ambulance on speed dial ' just in case.

(moreā?¦)

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote