Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Archived News Items

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-27-12, 01:10 PM   #1
News

Post Why finishing games is tough‚?¶

Earlier, I drew this as a joke (and shared in twitter)‚?¶ but it's not funny.

It's so easy to get into mindset of doing 'just one more change', 'just one more thing'. And that prevents game from getting done. The last playtests I did, made me think that I need to change one card. Gameplay already worked just fine, but somehow I didn't like how the one card worked, so decided to change it.

That's it, I say to myself. But this small change means I gotta go through more testing to ensure things are balanced.

I'm already proud of what I've done, and even though I keep getting more ideas for more items, more specialties and more everything‚?¶ I decided to do folder called 'expansion' and put the ideas on that folder. When I get new ideas, I know where they go.

That way I feel that my ideas are waiting there, not gone in vain ' but also that I get sensible progress.

And, finally I can start say that this card game of mine ' it's near the finish line. I have bunch of tasks on my list. Cannot wait to get them done.

What about you ' are you feature creep? Where do you draw the line between 'polishing' and 'creep'?

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote