Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-05-03, 12:08 PM   #1
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default signature guidelines

not wanting to be a pain in the rear or anything but would it be possible for people who are purposely putting inflamatory/derogatory remarks in their sigs to tone things down a touch...

we have enough strife in the political/open forums (though thankfully a lot calmer recently) to warrant childish and psuedo-flame bait sigs IMO...

cheers...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-03, 02:27 PM   #2
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

I agree. While UDawg's liberal thing is OK (because it doesn't go after a specific member) the one that directly addresses 1stFlight is a bit much.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-03, 02:34 PM   #3
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
I agree. While UDawg's liberal thing is OK (because it doesn't go after a specific member) the one that directly addresses 1stFlight is a bit much.
yah I have no probs with udawg's sig since it is obviously there to take the mickey outta libs
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-03, 04:55 PM   #4
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I've adressed the user about their sig and I trust that they will take the correct course of action.
Old 09-05-03, 04:57 PM   #5
digitalwanderer

So me putting "UDawg is an american nazi warhawk!" would probably be right out of the question than...

(I'm JOKING! Me and UDawg rib each other. )
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-03, 09:59 AM   #6
UDawg
Retired spammer

Its good ya'll don't mind cuz I wont change it. Wouldn't it be ironic if I was forced to change it. Thus the sig would be even more true. I will get rid of the French part cuz the little smilie waving the flag is getting on my nerves.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-03, 10:15 AM   #7
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by UDawg
I will get rid of the French part cuz the little smilie waving the flag is getting on my nerves.
THANK YOU, it was getting on my nerves too but I was afraid if I mentioned it you'd double it's size...
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-03, 11:44 AM   #8
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
THANK YOU, it was getting on my nerves too but I was afraid if I mentioned it you'd double it's size...
If something is a visual annoyance on my sig then by all means tell me but if it was the link then pfffft don't click on it.

Serious I couln't stand looking at that damn simlie any more.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-03, 12:07 PM   #9
2fast4u
Resurrected User

Send a message via ICQ to 2fast4u Send a message via AIM to 2fast4u Send a message via MSN to 2fast4u Send a message via Yahoo to 2fast4u

Quote:
Originally posted by UDawg
If something is a visual annoyance on my sig then by all means tell me but if it was the link then pfffft don't click on it.
something off topic-ish .. that link was hillarious i havent laughed this hard in years .. also left a friendly note in their guestbook.
Old 09-10-03, 11:11 AM   #10
320mb
refugee

Get rid of them altogether........
they just eat up bandwidth............
320mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-03, 12:01 PM   #11
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Then why do you have a sig?

There is nothing wrong with a reasonable sized signature, large ammounts of text though are not needed because it makes the place look untidy. Just like sig images, which we will never never never never never never never never never ever have.
Old 09-10-03, 12:03 PM   #12
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by 320mb
Get rid of them altogether........
they just eat up bandwidth............
Something about people living in glass houses and throwing stones comes to mind after reading this.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote