leigh123linux

And who asked you?
artem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-12, 01:44 AM   #26
Mr Wolf

Default Re: Nvidia 173.14.35: Fedora 17 x86 terribly slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by artem View Post
Why are you insisting on using modern software on your very old hardware?

It's akin to blaming Microsoft that Windows 7 doesn't run at all on your Pentium III PC with 256MB of RAM or that Android 4.x doesn't run on your 4 yo smartphone which only has 128MB of RAM. It's either time to upgrade, or use appropriate versions of software, e.g. you can easily run XFCE with nouveau.
My hardware is fully adequate to run GNOME Shell decently: the open-source community put a great effort for free in developing a desktop environment which is usable even on low-end / old computers.
On the contrary, Nvidia, that I funded with my own money when I bought their product, isn't willing to put the same effort in granting me the support I have the right to demand. Is this a reason for me to be forced to spend further money and upgrade an hardware which is still decent? I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artem View Post
And please stop peddling that ill-famed Linus Torvalds's "F*ck you" video clip, you are irking the people who are here to help you (I mean NVIDIA programmers).

If you have anything to say to NVIDIA, talk to Jen-Hsun Huang directly.

Aaron and other NVIDIA guys here do not choose which products to support.

The thread is closed.
I have the right to show my disapproval the way I prefer. Anyway, my criticism isn't towards the guys here, but towards the company and its unfair policies.

Regards.
Mr Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote