Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > GAIKAI

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-28-12, 09:36 PM   #1
News

Thumbs up Blog of NVIDIA CEO Keynote / GeForce GTX 690 & NVIDIA Conference Call

More...

Note: This was the first link that NVIDIA provided to the GeForce LAN 2012 (via twitter) - "Here are the first pics from the NVIDIA Gaming Festival in Shanghai."

I felt that it was appropriate to blog under this post and therefore changed the title of the headline.
News is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 09:43 PM   #2
MikeC
Administrator

Default Re: nvidia: RT @NVIDIAGeForce: Here are the first pics from the NVIDIA Gaming Festiva

Any news on what's coming? I can't connect to the live stream.

Update: Got video, no audio! Oh, the memories

Update: Got video and audio!
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 09:59 PM   #3
MikeC
Administrator

Default Re: nvidia: RT @NVIDIAGeForce: Here are the first pics from the NVIDIA Gaming Festiva

Celebration of PC Gaming and PC Gamers!

Lost connection. Argh
Old 04-28-12, 10:04 PM   #4
MikeC
Administrator

Switch to Twitch TV - http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/twitch-tv/

NVIDIA's looking out for PC Gamers!!! Advanced use of DX11.World's most advanced GPU. Your weapon of choice. 680 a month ago. Kepler. German scientist!!! He's an amazaing astronomer.

Nature is ultimately efficient, Kepler is energy efficient! 1500 processor cores. new aa, adaptive vsync, gpu boost.

3x energy efficient as the 580. Epic's Smaritan demo. 3 580's - 730 watts, 1 680 - 195 watts at same frame rate in 1 years time!

Incredible geometry detailed, wet surfaces wet shaders, shadows on reflections, tessellation, lens effects, etc. Just listening, not watching yet

Want new dawn demo now! Please?

PC scacles from laptop to 3 way sli/ PC is vibrancy of amazing technology, but mind numbing tech for developers.

How daunting? Extremely! Lost of testing too for NVIDIA and their drivers!

Custom settings for PC. Scalable to different users and complicated for end user. Not like a refrigerator!

Jen-Hsun Hitting the nail on the head. Finally!

New project 5 years in making - dedicated engineers at NVIDIA - GeForce Experience - 1 - PCs are connected with GeForce supercomputer!

HPC baby!

2 - interface to connect ot the cloud driver and settings optimized for that game through discovery!

Holy cow!

SET IT AND FORGET IT! Like the Ronco commercial

Damn I havent type this fast in a long time!

Benchmarking, and screenshot comparisons, advanced users - need to override setting.

Mech combat game free to play - didn't get the name...

We demand PHYSICS! I dropped it in college...LOL.

Game demos... Crytek (Crysis) is here! The CEO. Bleeding edge. Work closely with NVIDIA. Remember Dinosaur Isle? I do

Still listening...

Will savor the video tomorrow. I'm stoked!

Describing Crysis 3... Huge amount of detail through tesselation. Describing advanced next-gen shading.

Realism is all about the lighting. Really.

Success counts on parners like NVIDIA and their engineers. Team effort. You can dowload the SDK for free and play with it!

Brand new franchise - Warface. Free to play later this year!

Another surprise - Crysis - most advanced PC shooter, IP will be released?

Taking it to the next level. i heard KICK-ASS. THAT'S GOOD! Still listening, but I'm going nuts.

NVIDIA CEO - OMG! Thank you my friend (to Crytek CEO).

AND...

The GeForce GTX 690!!!

CONGRATS NVIDIA!

See, NVIDIA listens to their customers!

Describing 690 tech. Bells and whistles.

I want one today! Damn, I'm in Virginia.

Should have dug a hole to CHina!

Damn, that was really fun!

Update - Changed Switch TV to Twitch TV.
Old 05-01-12, 07:41 PM   #5
MikeC
Administrator

Default Re: Semi Real-Time Blog of NVIDIA CEO Keynote and GeForce GTX 690!

NVIDIA has just released video of NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang's live keynote address from the GeForce LAN Shanghai this past weekend.

Quote:
This video includes the introduction of the GeForce GTX 690 dual GPU and our new GeForce Experience. For those that were viewing the Web cast live on Saturday night, you may not have seen the actual presentation on GeForce Experience, so we’ve added them into this version of the video.
The video file (mp4) is over 1GB in size. I'll be on the lookout for sites that will be hosting the video and post links here.
Old 05-04-12, 12:56 AM   #6
MikeC
Administrator

Default Re: Blog of NVIDIA CEO Keynote and GeForce GTX 690 & NVIDIA Conference Call

Originally posted on 5/1 as news on the front page:

The following notes are from NVIDIA's conference call with Tom Peterson and Bryan Del Rizzo, which took place yesterday. The notes are based on the audio portion of a presentation for the GeForce GTX 690.

First and foremost, we congratulated NVIDIA on the GeForce GTX 690 - the "Rolls Royce" of Graphics Processing Units (GPUs).
  • Benchmarks will begin to appear at your favorite web sites very, very soon.

• Performance is expected to be "extremely close" to that of the GeForce GTX 680 in 2-way SLI.

• Absolutely the best GPU that NVIDIA has delivered.

• Records were shattered for the time, effort and money that were invested in the GeForce GTX 690.

• No plastic parts.

• Never before used, albeit expensive, materials are part of the GeForce GTX 690 - glossy look, cast aluminum and magnesium.

• Magnesium injected GPU and relevant connections provide LED reporting.

• Clear, scratch-resistant polycarbonate window.

• Nickel-plated vapor chamber.

• Thicker copper used to lower resistance of circuit board traces.

• Low profile device.

• Ridges cut in baseplate provide greater control of airflow and turbulence.

• First time ever SLI scales 100% - GPUs were always thermally challenged, but not the GeForce GTX 690.

• Clock speeds take advantage of the GPU Boost feature.

• "A beast compared to the competition" (Tom Peterson) with a 6 to 9 month head start.

• Most power efficient GPU per watt (PPW).

• Dampening materials for acoustics make the GeForce GTX 690 "quieter" than the GeForce GTX 680 in 2-way SLI.

• A 915MHz default GPU clock speed increases to over 1GHz with GPU Boost.

• Designed for overclocking as GPU clock speed approaches 1300Mhz.

• Each GPU operates independently. One shuts off completely and the other enters a low-power state as needed (for example, 2D Windows GIU operations).

• Absolutely the best performance and acoustics.

• Hard launch!

• The GeForce GTX 680 is in short supply due to high demand. NVIDIA is making sure that as many GPUs as possible are being manufactured.

• Same voltage as the GeForce GTX 680, but voltage varies based on GPU frequency.

• Powers up to three 2560x1600 monitors running at 120Hz.

More exciting products and bleeding-edge services are forthcoming...

Want more info? Check out Meet GeForce GTX 690: The Ultimate Graphics Card at GeForce.com.

Update: Tom Peterson commented on micro stutter during the conference call. Looking over my notes, I see two comments which go something like "the declining quality of those frame rates" and "more and more time not connected to the frame rate."

So yes, NVIDIA has worked to reduce or eliminate micro-stutter.