Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-23-03, 06:31 AM   #1
Data Drainer

Default I need some FX5900Ultra vs Radeon9800pro Benchmarks please.

A friend wants to buy a Geforcefx 5900 but i keep saying him to buy ATI instead of Nvidia for this current generation of cards, but he still wants to spend his hard-gained money on a 500$ piece of hardware cause he says Nvidia is more trustful (he has a ti 4200 and is very happy with it but wants to play hl2 and many other stuff). Anyway, if you could link me some benchmarks of popular games (no quake3 plz) showing the scores of both cards under heavy usage of AA and AF so i can show him the light, i`d be very thankful.
Data Drainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-03, 06:39 AM   #2
scott123

Im tired of posting the numbers. Let me just say. get the 9800 Pro. I have both and that is my opinion.

Click next and go through these benchmarks: http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_cont...ookie%5Ftest=1
Creative Xfi
Cooler Master CM Stacker STC-T01
scott123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-03, 06:54 AM   #3
realODDSMAN

Any past reviews of FX 5900 would be biased and untrue.

Due to the fact that 5900 is a Dx 9 card, yet it struggles in Dx9.

So like I said, any past reviews would be invalid.

Just go for the comparisons done by Toms or Anand.
Old 09-23-03, 07:52 AM   #4
Behemoth
radeon 9800 pro

please tell your friend to come here at least and read some threads and be more informed on how trustful nvidia really is before spending his hard-earned money. anyway, his hard earned money will serve him right, it will either teach him a good lesson or get him a really good card(9800pro).
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-03, 08:08 AM   #5
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: I need some FX5900Ultra vs Radeon9800pro Benchmarks please.

Quote:
Originally posted by Data Drainer
A friend wants to buy a Geforcefx 5900 but i keep saying him to buy ATI instead of Nvidia for this current generation of cards, but he still wants to spend his hard-gained money on a 500$ piece of hardware cause he says Nvidia is more trustful (he has a ti 4200 and is very happy with it but wants to play hl2 and many other stuff). Anyway, if you could link me some benchmarks of popular games (no quake3 plz) showing the scores of both cards under heavy usage of AA and AF so i can show him the light, i`d be very thankful.
Search this forum and search Google and you should be able to find all the information you could possibly need.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-03, 08:29 AM   #6
digitalwanderer

Man, do we have to point out all the bloody evidence for everybody?

There's a "search" feature on this forum, if you want to help you friend out I suggest you use it. (Sorry if that sounds grumpy, I'm still pre-coffee. )
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-03, 08:45 AM   #7
indio

Just read Behemoths posts for the last 6 monthes. He was a Hardcore Nvidiot (not that that's a bad thing) but his 5900 didn't live up to the hype. Now he's a happy 9800 owner~!
indio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-03, 09:42 AM   #8
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

use me as an example and show him this thread... i had that p.o.s. 5900, and i was not happy with it.. now i have a 9800 pro and i am more than happy with it. its a great card.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...threadid=17823

Old 09-23-03, 09:44 AM   #9
The Baron

Show him the Half-Life 2 benches. You win.
Old 09-23-03, 09:48 AM   #10
Flavius

How's this for evidence that NVidia has admitted defeat at Computex:

"nVidia mentioned at the end that they hoped that people were not too upset that the GeForce range did not receive much attention. They hoped that this would show people that they are just not a GPU maker but a more diverse company with a bunch of new and exciting initiatives for the future."
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-03, 09:55 AM   #11
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Flavius
How's this for evidence that NVidia has admitted defeat at Computex:

"nVidia mentioned at the end that they hoped that people were not too upset that the GeForce range did not receive much attention. They hoped that this would show people that they are just not a GPU maker but a more diverse company with a bunch of new and exciting initiatives for the future."
The strikes me as more PR work to deflect heat away from the more pressing issues at hand.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-03, 09:56 AM   #12
The Baron

It also annoys me that he's been posting it in EVERY FRIGGIN THREAD