Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-23-03, 10:57 AM   #13
Flavius

Quote:
It also annoys me that he's been posting it in EVERY FRIGGIN THREAD
Woops, busted! Sorry. Guess I have to go to PR school along with Derek Perez! LOL!
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-03, 12:00 PM   #14
Behemoth
radeon 9800 pro

read:
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTE5
http://www20.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030912/
http://www.beyond3d.com/misc/hl2/
http://www.beyond3d.com/misc/traod_dx9perf/

Last edited by Behemoth; 09-23-03 at 12:08 PM.
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-03, 12:09 PM   #15
eesa
the original postmasta'

lol, nice. Well I think the very fact that this IS nvnews and yet there are so many ATI supporters says a lot. The benefits of the product is strong enough to overcome the initial bias.
eesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-03, 12:37 PM   #16
Data Drainer

Thanx for the links guys. Now i got another problem tho. We all know that ATI´s AA is a lot superior than Nvidia´s, and Nvidia´s AF is only a little bit better than ATI´s. I need some proof, cause he keeps saying that Nvidia got better AA and im sick of telling him that he is wrong. A link showing AA and maibe AF comparison between both cards would help me a lot, halp plz.
Data Drainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-03, 02:00 PM   #17
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Data Drainer
Thanx for the links guys. Now i got another problem tho. We all know that ATI´s AA is a lot superior than Nvidia´s, and Nvidia´s AF is only a little bit better than ATI´s. I need some proof, cause he keeps saying that Nvidia got better AA and im sick of telling him that he is wrong. A link showing AA and maibe AF comparison between both cards would help me a lot, halp plz.
Hell, sounds like your friend is an annoying little ghit!

I'd tell him, "Fine, whatever...do what you want.", and walk away laughing.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-03, 05:35 PM   #18
Flavius

Friends don't let friends use Nvidia.
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-03, 05:54 PM   #19
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Show him the Half-Life 2 benches. You win.
I second that
Old 09-23-03, 05:56 PM   #20
Data Drainer

Quote:
Originally posted by Flavius
Friends don't let friends use Nvidia.
Thats right for now, but also im kinda short of money and want to play hl2 on his PC and i know it will look awful on a FX, i know that sometimes he can be an annoying little ghit but still its not that funny after u think its 500 bucks wasted on something that says in the box that it will run dx9 fast and u end having to play under dx8.1 mode.
Data Drainer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-03, 06:14 PM   #21
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Data Drainer
Thats right for now, but also im kinda short of money and want to play hl2 on his PC and i know it will look awful on a FX, i know that sometimes he can be an annoying little ghit but still its not that funny after u think its 500 bucks wasted on something that says in the box that it will run dx9 fast and u end having to play under dx8.1 mode.
Sorry for my abrupt response, I was crabby.

You're right, no one deserves to get screwed over just because nVidia has the marketing-machine-from-hell....it's kind of why I've been screaming about it all year too.

Tell him to hold off on his decision until the 30th since there are new cards coming out and prices will drop. (It's the truth, PLUS the HL2 benchmark will be available and it'll open up a lot of eyes. )
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-03, 08:00 PM   #22
ChrisW
"I was wrong", said Chris

I would personally just let him purchase the card he wants, which is the GFFX. If you talk him out of it, he will blame you for each and every thing he finds wrong with the ATI board. No matter what it is he will say stuff like "I wouldn't be having this problem if I had purchased the GFFX like I wanted to in the first place". The first EA game he plays, he will blame you for having to wait for the game patch before the game is playable.
Old 09-23-03, 08:10 PM   #23
extreme_dB

AA comparison:

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDcyLDY=
extreme_dB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-03, 08:51 PM   #24
eesa
the original postmasta'

Quote:
Originally posted by extreme_dB
AA comparison:

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDcyLDY=