Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-23-03, 06:38 PM   #1
digitalwanderer

Thumbs up New editorial on Futuremark's new guidelines

Hanners has just put a new editorial up at EB regarding Futuremark's new guidelines which he doesn't cuss in enough as usual, but is a darn good read none-the-less for it.

Quote:
However, the guidelines fail to answer several pertinent questions. Firstly, and most importantly, by using the guidelines we now have a description of the crime, but what is the punishment for committing the crime? As any police officer will tell you, to prevent crime you need a deterrent of some kind, and this is something which seems to be lacking here. What will happen to anyone who dares to break these guidelines? Will they simply be spoken to about them in private, or will they be publicly ridiculed? Will the scores in question be allowed to remain on FutureMark’s Orb database or will they be removed? If there is no punishment for breaking these guidelines, then there is no deterrent and thus no use for the guidelines in the first place.
Highly recomended even if it is blatant pimpage, Hanners is always a good read.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-03, 06:44 PM   #2
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

I am just wondering... is there no 'submit news' option in nvnews or an option to email something of a newsworthy nature to the news posters ?

just would make it seem a little better...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-03, 06:46 PM   #3
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
I am just wondering... is there no 'submit news' option in nvnews or an option to email something of a newsworthy nature to the news posters ?

Meh, you sound just like me boss over at EB!
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 09-23-03, 06:46 PM   #4
The Baron

Hmm..

Interesting.

I'll look into it.
Old 09-23-03, 06:47 PM   #5
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Meh, you sound just like me boss over at EB!
maybe your boss knows something you don't
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-03, 07:31 PM   #6
digitalwanderer

Quote:
maybe your boss knows something you don't
Yeah, it's why he gets the big bucks.
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 09-24-03, 03:07 AM   #7
StealthHawk

Quote:

You should be able to do that via news@nvnews.net or something. I believe that sends an e-mail to all news posters.

Alternate solution: give me the ability the post news and I will post stuff that gets overlooked