Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-24-03, 09:46 AM   #13
Hellbinder

Quote:
you mean to tell me you DON'T like flamewars?

This is crazy. Completely crazy. Holy Mackerel Crazy.
I like a good Debate, with people who can handle it. I like talking about the issues.. getting to the nitty gritty and occasionally flying off the deepend.

That is a totally different thing than "Flamewars".
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Radeon 9600M Turbo 128 (400/250)
Catalyst 4.2
Latest good read. [url]http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=[/url]
Hellbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-03, 09:48 AM   #14
The Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by Hellbinder
I like a good Debate, with people who can handle it. I like talking about the issues.. getting to the nitty gritty and occasionally flying off the deepend.

That is a totally different thing than "Flamewars".
Nah, I just remember Pre-Knocked-In-The-Head-With-The-Common-Sense-Stick Hellbinder far too well.

I would get rid of the "Fan" in the forum title, and keep the Linux forums as they are (considering how often they are used by new members). This would help out a good bit by getting rid of the Detonator Driver Forum (pretty redundant IMO, but oh well).

Definitely worth considering.
Old 09-24-03, 11:36 AM   #15
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

listening.....
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-03, 01:30 PM   #16
digitalwanderer

WHAT IN THE HELL DID YOU PEOPLE DO TO HELLBINDER?!?!
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-03, 01:55 PM   #17
Hellbinder

I guess Its looking like a much better idea now that we know Nvidia is not even going to make the Graphics industry its primary Focus..

Im telling you guys "Open Graphics Discussion" is the way to go.

Shoot... By this time next year you may even have a place for Nvidia similar to the way other sites still have 3Dfx rememberance Forums...
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Radeon 9600M Turbo 128 (400/250)
Catalyst 4.2
Latest good read. [url]http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=[/url]
Hellbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-03, 04:46 PM   #18
UDawg
Retired spammer

I have the solution for you. Since most of your debates Hellbinder and others like you are 3D graphic card politicaly based along with tech based, a Graphics Card Political Forum would be best. That would cover all the bases of graphics cards and clearly show a higher level of debate rather than just a open forum for the occasional fanboy troll.

Think it over or maybe a variation of that theme but just a plain 3d card open forum invites too much. Either way a forum for serious vid card junkies is a good idea.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-03, 08:06 AM   #19
darkmiasma
... Meh ...

Default Re: Time for a Change to the Forum Sections...

I definately like this idea.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hellbinder
I propose that you make these changes to the Forum.

-Open Graphics Discussion Forum

-Nvidia Product Fan Forum

-ATi Product Fan Forum

-XGi Product Fan Forum

-Tech Support Forum

MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Net+, Security+
---------------------------------------------

CPU - [ AMD Athlon X2 4200+] Motherboard - [ Asus A8N-SLI Premium] RAM - [ 2GB Crucial DDR400] Videocard - [ eVGA GeForce 7900GT KO (256MB)] Hard Drives - [ (2x) 80.0 GB WD SATA-II ] [(2x) 300.0 GB WD SATA-II] Burner - [ 16x DVD-R/RW - 48x CD-R/RW (Lite-On) ] Soundcard - [ Soundblaster Audigy 2 ] PSU - [ Antec TruePower II 550W] Case - [ Lian-Li PC61 (Plexi window, Blue SA CC Tube) ] Monitor - [ Dell FP2005 (20" Widescreen Flat Panel) ]
darkmiasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-03, 12:13 PM   #20
sbp

Quote:
Originally posted by UDawg
I have the solution for you. Since most of your debates Hellbinder and others like you are 3D graphic card politicaly based along with tech based, a Graphics Card Political Forum would be best. That would cover all the bases of graphics cards and clearly show a higher level of debate rather than just a open forum for the occasional fanboy troll.

Think it over or maybe a variation of that theme but just a plain 3d card open forum invites too much. Either way a forum for serious vid card junkies is a good idea.
lol a Graphics Card Political Forum raises interesting possibilities. I bet that whale Ted Kennedy uses an Nvidia GeForce FX 5800 Ultra. Why? Causes its loud and blows a lot of hot air like he does.
sbp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-03, 11:28 PM   #21
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

I second Hells thoughts on the forum change. I am not a fan boy at all but its really getting sickening to come to the graphics card section and only find negative remarks against Nvidia in every second thread. It would be good if there were all in a card general discussion section. Also when you think about it the linux sections could be combined for space.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-03, 12:50 AM   #22
B&R
MX 700

Matrox fan forum will be helpful too.
B&R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-03, 10:37 PM   #23
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
WHAT IN THE HELL DID YOU PEOPLE DO TO HELLBINDER?!?!
He's with my dougnhuts; in the fridge.
Old 10-01-03, 11:11 PM   #24
theultimo
DoD + Sharepoint=Headache

Well, all i can say is that there is some great info being passed around on these "heated" discussions. But I agree with the "Reformed?!?!" Hellbinder that we needs a Open Discussion forum. That way we dont have many of the posts in the Nvidia forum like we do with Mixed ideas, like "Which graphics card should I buy?" and stuff like that, which could be ATi/XGi/nVidia/even 3Dfx, but they dont have a forum.

EDIT: Need to check posts twice more, like someone else on this board
theultimo is offline   Reply With Quote