Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-14-02, 09:26 PM   #1
malachi1313

Default Who here is as addictef to BF1942 as me????

Can't get enough of this game!!!! MAps are huge and the gameplay is better thean Tribes or Tribes 2. Best multiplayer game I've ever played!!!! Anyone else as hopelessly addicted as me???
malachi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-02, 09:40 PM   #2
nin_fragile14
Fat Tuna

I like it, but it needs some work. Hit detection is seriously ****ed. I can unload a clip two feet away from a guy, and he doesn't get hit. As a sniper or engineer, I can hit NOTHING. I line up my crosshair, sometimes while they are standing still, shoot, and they do not get hit. My ping reads in the 40s, yet hit detection is seriously wrong. This is not just an issue with my computer either; EAs boards have many complaints of this.

It also gets chuggy when many things are on the screen. And not your "typical" choppy.... things start to get stuttery rather than choppy (as it would look in UT2003 when many things come on screen). It becomes very difficult to play in certain parts of maps (the omaha beach level gets quite skippy around the first hill). I remember this happening on the demo at times with my Geforce 3, and now it happens in the full game with the 9700. Great.

The scope of the game is great, the graphics are great, the maps are amazingly large, and nothing out there has ever been done like this, but they need to fix the hit detection and performance issues before I can actually enjoy it.
Old 09-15-02, 02:32 AM   #3
malachi1313

I agree about the hit detection being FUBAR. The gameplay is what gets me though, it's just so addictive. There is like a ton of stuff to do!!!!!
malachi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-02, 06:55 AM   #4
Crippler

I am trying to play the demo of this game, but it keeps going to the desktop asap. This is after I installed Nvrefreshtool.

Any suggestions. If i like the game ill buy it on Thursday
Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-02, 08:28 AM   #5
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty

I think the drop to desktop is server issues.

Make sure you connect to the right server version. Not all of the servers have installed the 1.1 patch.

I know what ya mean about the stuttery stuff. Trying to take off from the AC when it's jumping about is a nightmare.

Top game tho.. With a few glitches ironed out, the full game will be awesome. Loads more vehicles, subs, more planes.. Top stuff indeed!
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-02, 09:57 PM   #6
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

I got this game and think its a lot of fun. I hope that the next patch balances out the weapons a little bit. Either the regular guns need to be more powerful, or the rocket launcher needs to be weaker. Everyone runs around with a rocket launcher, taking on infantry in close combat. It shouldn't work that way.
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-02, 11:10 PM   #7
St Lobus

Send a message via ICQ to St Lobus

My favorite part about this game has got to be the vehicles. The way they incorporated all the planes and boats and everything is just awesome. Between this and the UT2k3 demo, my weekend has been filled.
Old 09-16-02, 07:22 AM   #8
zippermcfrag
measure twice cut once

What a great weekend it has been. UT2003 Demo and Battlefiend 1942. I wish I could start the weekend all over again.
Radeon 9700 pro
Pinnacle PCTV
zippermcfrag is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-02, 09:50 AM   #9
St Lobus

Send a message via ICQ to St Lobus

Quote:
Originally posted by zippermcfrag
What a great weekend it has been. UT2003 Demo and Battlefiend 1942. I wish I could start the weekend all over again.
I'll give an AMEN to that!
Old 09-16-02, 02:32 PM   #10
Brimstone

I think BF1942 is one of the best games to come out in a long time. The thing that hampers it right now are the bugs (net code/hit detection) and the need to tweak weapon damage. I think the game may end up being a masterpiece once some more patches come out.
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-02, 04:17 AM   #11
VoltFox
[] [] []

Send a message via ICQ to VoltFox Send a message via MSN to VoltFox

The "back to desktop" issue is a refresh rate issue... BF doesn't accept if you set your own refresh rate... It has to be 60Hz in order to run the game...

But, a patch is out, grab it and install it... then edit the "VideoDefault.con" in the Setting folder which is in your game folder as well...

Change this value
renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0
to
renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1

that's it... now you can run the game in highest refresh rate available...
VoltFox is offline   Reply With Quote