Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-15-02, 04:23 PM   #1
Head_slinger
DEP Hater :)

Send a message via ICQ to Head_slinger
Default Monitor packed in?

I was using my monitor today, when it suddenly turned pink, i didnt know what had gone wrong so i rebooted computer. The monitor went into standby but wouldnt come out? I fianlly did get it going back but it was still in pink. Funny thing is the on-screen menu (control monitor settings) wasnt affected by the purple.

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and fixed it or is it basically knackered

Thanx in Advance
Audigy 2
ASUS A8V

Windows XP Prof./SuSe 8.2
Head_slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-02, 09:05 AM   #2
SnakeEyes

Send a message via ICQ to SnakeEyes
I was gonna say to check your cable first, since I've had the exact same symptoms before, and that's usually the culprit. The next thing that sometimes causes it is when one of the guns in the CRT starts to go, leaving only 2 of the RGB's 3 to 'paint' the screen. (What can I say, I had bad luck- the monitor that started out with a bad cable got replaced under warranty, but then the replacement went bad out of warranty with similar symptoms, but not the same cause. )

But since you say the OSD isn't affected, I'm stumped.

Edit: Sitting here thinking about it, I still say check the cable. It's not the tube if the colors in the OSD are fine, but that doesn't rely on the signal from the PC end. If the cable's loose or otherwise going bad, you could get those same symptoms. Could also be the video card itself..
Old 09-16-02, 11:27 AM   #3
Head_slinger
DEP Hater :)

Send a message via ICQ to Head_slinger

Yeah m8 thats what i was thinkin, and no it isnt the gfx card because my 15" works fine . Ive tried the cable moving it etc. but to no avail. I think it could probably be the actual cable insode the monitor and i dont peticualry want to be poking around inside, but then again what have i to lose?

thanx m8 - just seems a shame to thow it away when it could be something so easy to fix.
Audigy 2
ASUS A8V

Windows XP Prof./SuSe 8.2
Head_slinger is offline   Reply With Quote