Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-29-03, 04:40 AM   #1
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Default Sept 30th is tomorrow

Who wants to start putting money on whether or not we see the sequel to the best game ever? All is quiet on the valve front..
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-03, 04:46 AM   #2
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Two things.

1. It wasn't the best game ever.

2. It'll be out on time.

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-03, 05:07 AM   #3
mrsabidji
I am the cheese...

Send a message via ICQ to mrsabidji

1- I don't think it was the best game ever either.
2- I really doubt it will be out on time. Has any game ever been out on time anyway ?

mrsabidji
mrsabidji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-03, 06:35 AM   #4
Mullins1060

lol it wont be out 2morow, they may release a demo as a goodwill gesture though, but the actuall full game isnt sheduled till december the 1st (according to amazon.co.uk)
M/B: Asus Rampage Formula (0401 BIOS) | CPU: Intel Xeon 3350 @ 3.6GHz (8x450MHz) 1.256v | HSF: Tuniq Tower 120-LFB | RAM: 2x2GB Corsair TwinX DDR2 XMS2 Dominator PC2-8500C5 @ 1080MHz 5-5-5-15 2T 2.1v | GFX: 1792MB EVGA GeForce GTX 295 | HD: 2x300GB Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB 10000RPM SATA-II 16MB Cache (RAID 0) | SOUND: Asus SupremeFX II | PSU: OCZ ModXStream 900W | CASE: Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80B
Mullins1060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-03, 08:09 AM   #5
de><ta
prodigy

Quote:
Originally posted by mrsabidji
1- I don't think it was the best game ever either.
HOW DARE J0o? After all Half-life has done for you, your life and your education... It's people like you who make baby Gabe cry.

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-03, 08:43 AM   #6
Vash
Angel Arms

I don't think it's going to be out... from www.evilavatar.com

Quote:
It appears that Valve is working on localizing the game into up to 12 languages - English, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, etc. for simultaneous shipment and sale worldwide sometime between November and December (before the end of 2003). Which may partially explain the delay - they're trying to get all the localization done first.
At this point, I don't know who to believe about anything, but that's something, at least....
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-03, 09:01 AM   #7
mrsabidji
I am the cheese...

Send a message via ICQ to mrsabidji

Quote:
Originally posted by de><ta
HOW DARE J0o? After all Half-life has done for you, your life and your education... It's people like you who make baby Gabe cry.

Actually, I was already well educated, computer-gamewise, when HL was released so I don't think I owe Valve anything for that matter. I didn't say it wasn't a great game, anyway. I just don't think it's the greatest.

mrsabidji
mrsabidji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-03, 09:01 AM   #8
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

gah, well at leats its pre paid for now anyways..
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-03, 09:37 AM   #9
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Hehe, I can't wait to make fun of my friend who said a few weeks ago that he will without a doubt be playing HL2 on the 30th

Well the only version I can see them making availible tomarrow is the Steam transfered version, but I doubt even that will happen. Though we oddly haven't heard an OFFICIAL announcment from Valve that the game is delayed, so I'm kinda wondering what they'll do tomarrow. Maybe they'll release the benchmark and then say "Well, here's HL2, that's all there is, enjoy!". Or maybe they'll delay it until who knows when. Jeez, what is it will almost every recent FPS getting delayed? Doom 3, HL2, Halo 2, Deus Ex 2 (it was supposed to be out late 2002 ). Oh well, in any case, which version is everyone here getting? The SP version, the SP+MP version, the Collectors Edition, or the Steam Transfered edition? Wow, this game almost has as many versions as Everquest has expansions.

Oh, and HL was good for it's time, but it's kinda showing it's age. Sure, it's still good, but compaired to recent FPS games like Halo and...uh...Halo, it just seems kinda boaring. I guess there's only a few games that can really stand up to the test of time. Fallout all the way baby
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-03, 11:03 AM   #10
Vash
Angel Arms

I'll be ganking myself the retail boxed version of HL2.

Oh man, Halo on Wednesday...

Speaking of: I have a stupid question. I'm confused about release dates - everything that I've read on message boards suggests that the release date is the day that I can go buy it on the shelves. But when I called Gamespot (no EB in Rockford! ), they said, "Well, uhh, it's release date is the 30th so we'll probably have it on the 31st."

First off, there is no 31st of September.

Am I getting yanked around, here? I've checked both Best Buy and Circuit City's fliers and those claim they won't have Halo until Thursday... so the release date is the day that the trucks roll to the stores? What's going on here?
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.

Last edited by Vash; 09-29-03 at 11:09 AM.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-03, 11:23 AM   #11
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Quote:
First off, there is no 31st of September.
Hehe, maybe that's their way of saying that they won't have the game until September gains another day (i.e. never)

Anyway, the "release date" is usually the day it's shipped from the warehouses to the stores, but it won't acually be availible to buy until the NEXT day or so because it take a while to get to the stores. So basicly, Halo (and HL2 of course, with it's September 30th ship date ) should be availible on Wendsday or Thursday. Heh, kinda funny if you think about it: everyone thought Halo PC was commiting suicide by shipping on the same day HL2 was expected, and now because HL2 is delayed it may sell much more then it would have if HL2 was never announced (since there's going to be many a FPS gamers looking for a FPS early next month). Maybe it was Gearbox behind the HL2 delay, not Nvidia
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-03, 11:57 AM   #12
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Edge
Hehe, maybe that's their way of saying that they won't have the game until September gains another day (i.e. never)
I think you give them too much credit. Most Gamestop employees I've encountered are about as intelligent as your average paper clip, whereas at the EB's around here I can have a conversation about games without my IQ dropping too many points.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote