Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-29-03, 12:34 PM   #13
Vash
Angel Arms

The last time I asked a Gamestop employee about release dates, he laughed at me and told me to wait. Alas, this takes away the excuse I almost used to beat to bloody unconsciousness with my shoe.

But thanks for clearing it up!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-03, 12:59 PM   #14
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I'll leave Halflife 2 alone for a bit, I have too many games that I am playing already
Old 09-29-03, 01:56 PM   #15
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Maybe we'll luck up & Valve through a mp demo out as severance for not telling us in a timely matter

Never-the-less, I highly recommend you guys take a break from the HL2 craze & snag a copy of HALO, liked it on XBOX, love it on PC
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-03, 02:01 PM   #16
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

well i bought and played blue shift recently... and I am quite amazed @ the level of interaction to solve many of the puzzles you have to have...

bought it for $5.00 so no biggie

finished it in one night so not really that long but quite entertaining...

I kept thinking to myself... wow... they really were ahead of the curve... even by today's standards their engine is quite outstanding...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-03, 02:02 PM   #17
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by |JuiceZ|
Maybe we'll luck up & Valve through a mp demo out as severance for not telling us in a timely matter

Never-the-less, I highly recommend you guys take a break from the HL2 craze & snag a copy of HALO, liked it on XBOX, love it on PC
halo is the exact same on xbox and pc... cept for targeting and graphics... I am not inclined @ the moment to spend x amount of dollars on a game I have already played and finished...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-03, 02:38 PM   #18
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
I think you give them too much credit. Most Gamestop employees I've encountered are about as intelligent as your average paper clip, whereas at the EB's around here I can have a conversation about games without my IQ dropping too many points.
i like to mess with EB guys and ask them things they have clue about..

"whats the difference between soul calibur on all the consoles".. i make them squirm

one guy once said his favourite game of all time was Fifa 2002 ?!
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-03, 02:40 PM   #19
mrsabidji
I am the cheese...

Send a message via ICQ to mrsabidji

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
I kept thinking to myself... wow... they really were ahead of the curve... even by today's standards their engine is quite outstanding...
Yep, you can do marvels with Quake1 engine. Did you try tenebrae ?

mrsabidji
mrsabidji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-03, 03:22 PM   #20
stncttr908

Send a message via AIM to stncttr908

I get a plethora of ads for stores like Circuit City, Best Buy, etc. every Sunday. They always advertise the big releases and say "AVAILABLE SUCH AND SUCH DATE" on the cover, big enough for anyone to notice. I didn't even see a single mention of HL2 in either of them.
PC - | Core i7-2600K @ stock | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 | 4GB Patriot Sector 5 DDR3 | Galaxy GTX 460 1GB @ stock | Corsair Force 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | 320GB Seagate 7200.10 | 2x Seagate 500GB USB 2.0 | Lite-On 20x SATA DVD+RW | Silverstone TJ-09 | Corsair 620W PSU | Logitech Z-5500s | Sennheiser HD-570 headphones | Samsung 2494LW |

Laptop - | Dell Inspiron 1420 | C2D T7300 (2.0GHz, 4MB cache) | 2GB DDR2-667 | 160GB 7200RPM HDD | DVD +/- RW | 14.1" WXGA+ (1440x900) | Broadcom 802.11g | NVIDIA 8400M GS 128MB |
stncttr908 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-03, 03:36 PM   #21
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Quote:
halo is the exact same on xbox and pc... cept for targeting and graphics... I am not inclined @ the moment to spend x amount of dollars on a game I have already played and finished...
Uhh...except they TOTALLY overhauled the multi-player and added in new weapons, vehicles, and levels. The only thing that's exactly the same is the single-player campiegn mode. Personally, I've played Halo to death on Xbox already, but I might pick up Halo PC when it comes down in price a bit. Or I guess I could wait until Halo 2...
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-03, 03:40 PM   #22
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Quote:
I was implying to peeps who neither own an XBox nor have beat the game, such as myself

btw, just found out I've been a beta tester for U2XMP for the past two weeks, lol. hrm...more goodies
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-03, 05:20 PM   #23
NAZCA M12
Master Thief

That's the problem with Halo PC. Think about it. Had the sequel not be delayed (thank God and btw is it not a bit suspicious?) PC gamers would be faced with the ridiculous situation of finally getting Halo PC at almost the same period that X-Box players would get Halo 2

Of course i like the game, but after waiting for its PC release for so long, i feel cheated by Microsoft delaying it that much. I thought consoles existed for a reason (everybody would have the same hardware, thus performance and no one would be whining about it) instead, they now only exist in order to snatch "exclusive" titles from the PC and blackmail gamers to either buy the console (broadly speaking) or forget about it. It stinks. I won't buy Halo PC for that reason.

Plus that "Master Chief" thingy, reminds me of sth, must have been stolen for sure (scratches head). Oh well, to get back to the point, i don't think that we'll see H-L 2 anytime soon, hopefully a SP demo maybe (although i'd love it if they could come up with an announcement like "btw dudes, did we mention that it's in the shops?")
NAZCA M12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-03, 05:33 PM   #24
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

I will go so far as to say i KNOW HL2 wont be released tomorow,

but ill be lineing up at BestBuy tomorow anyways : )