Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-30-03, 09:32 PM   #37
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
Originally posted by Edge
I doubt the Nvidia optimisations will have any impact on the game's release date. They've already finished the optimisations for it (and I doubt the whole "Nvidia made them delay HL2" rumors are true, even Gearbox would be more likely to have something to do with the delay at this point). In fact, what if it was ATI who forced them to delay HL2 in order to coincide with the release of the XT series? Odd how everyone always misses the most obvious possible reason. Personally, I think they simply couldn't get the game done on time, so they delayed it *gasp!*. But didn't they specificly say the benchmark was going to be released today? Looks like Valve is as good at release dates as Blizzard is. Oh well, maybe the extra time will help ensure that HL2 doesn't become another Steam...
Your right on the money with the delay.
Old 10-01-03, 08:47 AM   #38
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

Quote:
Originally posted by GlowStick
The press release states you get a voucher for HL2.

When HL2 is released you mail it in and pay shipping, then you pay tax, then you pay import charges and then you get your game
What he said

This is something that has happened before, though I don't remember what card or game it was.

And with those coupons you can bet that the game will be on the shelves in stores atleast 2 weeks before you get your copy.

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-03, 08:59 AM   #39
digitalwanderer

Ok, I'm STILL waiting for the benchmark to be posted somewhere and I'm getting just a tad tired of waiting....
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-03, 10:19 AM   #40
GlowStick
CoD4!

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Ok, I'm STILL waiting for the benchmark to be posted somewhere and I'm getting just a tad tired of waiting....
Dont worrie, its just simply being silently uploaded onto steam, but dont want to cause a bandwith panic when everyone trys to donwload it at the same time!
Old 10-01-03, 10:31 AM   #41
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Dont worrie, its just simply being silently uploaded onto steam, but dont want to cause a bandwith panic when everyone trys to donwload it at the same time!
I've been checking steam, I actually installed it last night.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 10-01-03, 10:56 AM   #42
GlowStick
CoD4!

Quote:
I've been checking steam, I actually installed it last night.
Yeah i keep a index of my steam folder to check if it bloats with mysterious files or something : \ nothing yet
Old 10-01-03, 11:00 AM   #43
digitalwanderer

And I've been keeping an eye on ATi's FTP & nVidias...but nada.
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 10-01-03, 11:13 AM   #44
GlowStick
CoD4!

Quote:
And I've been keeping an eye on ATi's FTP & nVidias...but nada.
any word if they showed new footage at the launch yesterday?

Old 10-01-03, 11:18 AM   #45
digitalwanderer

Quote:
any word if they showed new footage at the launch yesterday?
On half-life world or wherever they said there wasn't any new game footage or anything like that, I'll try and save the link if I come across it.

I have a feeling it's all delayed now, my plan is to mope silently.
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 10-01-03, 07:57 PM   #46
NAZCA M12
Master Thief

Well, delayed or not Valve did not lie. Its just that the ERD (Estimated Release Date) turned out to be ECRD (Estimated Coupon Release Date) after all
NAZCA M12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-03, 09:39 PM   #47
StealthHawk

Valve said the HL2 benchmark would be available on Sept30. They lied.
Old 10-01-03, 09:41 PM   #48
The Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
Valve said the HL2 benchmark would be available on Sept30. They lied.
Let us commence with the eating of souls.