Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Cars

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-29-11, 09:10 AM   #1
DaveChambers
nVidiot!

Default Z06 Dyno Results

So I'm still waiting on pushrods, dual valve springs, and retainers for the cam/head swap. (PRC Stage 1, 234/234 114 LSA .601/.601 camshaft)

So I went ahead and threw on the LT's, X pipe, and Borla XR1 catback and Vararam intake and put it on the dyno.

The LT's are a huge pain in the ass. So much stuff had to come off to get them in there, the clearances are very tight. But they do fit, and they are very well made. Only issue right now is the passenger side collector has very little clearance and can rattle against the body a little bit. I think I'm going to losen the bolts up on the whole left side and try to work it over to gain more clearance.

The XR1 muffler, well didnt fit. I ended up just using the straight pipes that come with the XR1 catback. I think the Kook's LT,s and x pipe caused some issues with things getting shifted into places the catback wasnt designed to fit into. I still have my stinger catback if change my mind and switch back. But it sounds very good, extremely loud, but thats what I Was going for anyway.

The vararam goes in pretty easily, my car already had some off brand intake on it when I bought it, so the hassle of getting the factory stuff off was already done for me. It slid in with about 45 minutes of total work.

Also put on the MGW shifter, and wow. Getting the handle to the right position is very important. If you screw it all the way in, it will be very hard to shift. I found that screwing it in about 10 threads deep was the optimal setting for this. Very easy job, just take your time and be careful with electrical connections. Dont put it all back together and forget to plug in the cigarette lighter (duh).

So the dyno results, the dyno was a Dyno Dynamics model, and it seems to read a little generous.

Results were 396rwhp before tune, 402.7 after tune. I dont remember the tq from the before run, but you can see the TQ on the graph below. I think on a dyno jet peak power would have been in the 385-390 range. Unfortunatley I have no baseline numbers to compare to.

Old 06-29-11, 12:20 PM   #2
Riptide

Default Re: Z06 Dyno Results

Not bad - headers are usually a serious bitch. You have to disconnect the starter, move the steering out of the way, and jack one side of the engine up at a time on my car. Frickin PITA.

How much do you think you'll pick up with the cam? And are you gonna get a timeslip at some point?
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-11, 12:50 PM   #3
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChambers View Post

So the dyno results, the dyno was a Dyno Dynamics model, and it seems to read a little generous.
Actually, those are known as the heart breaker dynos because they actually read much lower than any other dyno out there.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-11, 01:01 PM   #4
Hogrider

Looking good Dave.

I used to work with Brent, one of the owners of DTPRacing, and he is a great guy.
Old 06-29-11, 01:35 PM   #5
Moo
*BANNNED*

You gonna track the car?
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 08:18 PM   #6
MikeC
Administrator

Update: Z06 was sold. Say hello to the new hot rod!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=6223807
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 08:53 PM   #7
Hogrider

Ahh man, he should have kept the Z06

Tell him to be careful out there on 2 wheels and if he sees an ungodly handsome stud on a silver Harley with ape hangers to wave...

I'll tell that guy to wave back too
Old 03-01-12, 11:14 PM   #8
Shamrock
Royalty gone awry

Rock on! I got one of those, too! Only not a Suzuki.

AMD Phenom II 955BE
16GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1333Mhz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850
Logitech Z-5300 5.1 THX surround sound
HANNS-G 28" LCD
ZBoard Merc Gaming Keyboard
CoolerMaster HAF-932 Full Tower Case
Windows 7 Pro x64
Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-12, 10:24 AM   #9
Moo
*BANNNED*

I used to ride a sportbike. That's until I had a few close calls with SUVs that were completely oblivious to other motorists.

Now I drive
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-12, 02:31 AM   #10
mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
I used to ride a sportbike. That's until I had a few close calls with SUVs that were completely oblivious to other motorists.

Now I drive
+1, mine was mini van invasion, those women can not drive. I sold both of my sport bikes.
mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-12, 05:49 AM   #11
Hogrider

I had quite a few close calls with women. I now ride Bob...

You can't be scared to do things you love or you ain't living, you're just existing. On the other hand, if you never really loved it you should have never done it.

I love Bob.