Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-04-03, 07:40 PM   #157
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by cthellis
The only other "ATi cheating" issue I know of was the one that simultaneously came out with nVidia's in regards to 3DMark03, in which they gained 4% (to nVidia's monolithically huge gains), and when the issue was brought to light and complained about, they said "terribly sorry, guys. We didn't change the nature of the test, but we know you don't to see this anyway so it's gone." at which point they removed it in the next Catalyst update.
ATI cheats in 3dmark2001 GT4. NVIDIA does it in GT4 and other tests in 3dmark2001 too.
Old 10-04-03, 07:41 PM   #158
Hellbinder

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
ATI cheats in 3dmark2001 GT4. NVIDIA does it in GT4 and other tests in 3dmark2001 too.
True Dat.
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Radeon 9600M Turbo 128 (400/250)
Catalyst 4.2
Latest good read. [url]http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=[/url]
Hellbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-03, 08:13 PM   #159
AlphaWolf

Quote:
They claim that they have had some success when working directly with the developers in optimizing for their new hardware.
Developer X contacts nvidia with regards to making DX9 functions run at acceptable speeds.

...nvidia rep hands some money to developer x.

Developer X... DX 9 functions are overrated anyway.
AlphaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-03, 08:15 PM   #160
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaWolf
Developer X contacts nvidia with regards to making DX9 functions run at acceptable speeds.

...nvidia rep hands some money to developer x.

Developer X... DX 9 functions are overrated anyway.
Well, that IS the definition of success for nVidia lately...
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-03, 08:19 PM   #161
gmontem

Hey guys let's start our own company to make a DX9 game and ask NVIDIA for assistance. We'll close shop as soon as NVIDIA forks over the cash to us.
gmontem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-03, 08:22 PM   #162
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by gmontem
Hey guys let's start our own company to make a DX9 game and ask NVIDIA for assistance. We'll close shop as soon as NVIDIA forks over the cash to us.
How about an industry defining benchmark, it seems a tad easier...
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 10-04-03, 10:34 PM   #163
theultimo
DoD + Sharepoint=Headache

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
How about an industry defining benchmark, it seems a tad easier...
Hmm...i was thinking Dx9 CAD Software
theultimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-03, 10:59 PM   #164
RipItup

Default Re: Anand posts Initial HL2 results with new Dets

Quote:
Originally posted by Hellbinder
Here it is...

http://www.anandtech.com/weblog/index.html

Of course you all know what i have to say about this.. so ill let you guys have first crack at it.

One word from me...

Disturbing.

Disturbing ? what, you mean the bit where it is summized :-

". So if you’re looking to buy a video card right now, ATI is the way to go."

Unless reviews say nVidia is worse than herpes you'll never be happy will you?
RipItup is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-03, 11:03 PM   #165
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: Anand posts Initial HL2 results with new Dets

Quote:
Originally posted by RipItup
Disturbing ?
Yup, deeply disturbing. That graph that shows the 5900Ultra magically neck-n-neck with the 9800 Pro in HL2 from "a reliable source" but NO other info?

Yeah, that's pretty stinking disturbing...it's basically implying that the magic det 5s will cure all of FX's woes and there is NO WAY that is possible without some severe image quality loss.

VERY disturbing.
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 10-04-03, 11:19 PM   #166
RipItup

Default Re: Re: Re: Anand posts Initial HL2 results with new Dets

Quote:
Yup, deeply disturbing. That graph that shows the 5900Ultra magically neck-n-neck with the 9800 Pro in HL2 from "a reliable source" but NO other info?

Yeah, that's pretty stinking disturbing...it's basically implying that the magic det 5s will cure all of FX's woes and there is NO WAY that is possible without some severe image quality loss.

VERY disturbing.
So he advised that everyone should buy nVidia cards then on his HL2 neck and neck benchmark ? So everyone is rushing out and buying them on a false premis ?

Clue: No and No
Old 10-04-03, 11:23 PM   #167
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Anand posts Initial HL2 results with new Dets

Quote:
Originally posted by RipItup
So he advised that everyone should buy nVidia cards then on his HL2 neck and neck benchmark ? So everyone is rushing out and buying them on a false premis ?

Clue: No and No
No, but he is saying that we should expect the 5900Ultra & the 9800 Pro to be giving the same HL2 gameplay experience...which is damned hard to believe in right now with all evidence indicating the contrary.
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 10-04-03, 11:27 PM   #168
RipItup

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anand posts Initial HL2 results with new Dets

Quote:
No, but he is saying that we should expect the 5900Ultra & the 9800 Pro to be giving the same HL2 gameplay experience...which is damned hard to believe in right now with all evidence indicating the contrary.
Part 2 .... to be continued . This is a never ending story mate, hence your 50000 posts Just like F1 cars

I'm going to take my kicked in nuts off to bed to feck the girlfriend. To much talk, not enough bonking.

I think you ought to pray before you have your cocoa and go to bed, beg forgiveness for calling into question Saint Anand.