Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-02-03, 08:36 AM   #1
Sotos

Default Nvnews must be named ATINEWS or what???

The nvidia nvnews channel says:

The Radeon 9800 XT features the enhanced R360 core, but it's still a Radeon 9800-based product and as such, displays excellent image quality. Its anisotropic filtering is the best in the business, and anti-aliasing is also top-notch. In our book, the GeForce FX 5900 Ultra can't match ATI's anisotropic filtering, and also falls back a bit when comparing pure edge anti-aliasing. NVIDIA has by no means "poor" image quality, it's just that ATI has presented such a high standard for comparison.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I guess the site must be named ATInews now
-[color=blue]POWERCOLOR 9800pro 128\cat 4.1\Dx9.0b [/color] [color=red](Waiting for R420 or Nv40)[/color]
-Sounblaster Audigy 2 ZS [color=blue](using latest Creative Eax 4.0 driver)[/color]
-PSU Zalman 400W Quiet sollution
-Windows XP home SP1 + Sp2 packages
-[color=red] - Jeniffer Lopez - Ennrique Inglesia - Ricky Martin - Britney Spears are SKUNKS!!! [/color]
Sotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-03, 08:49 AM   #2
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Not really, as a site Nvidia is given a helluva lot more coverage, I think it shows maturity as a site and community that we can embrace another excellent product and see it for what it is, keeping fanboyism as low as possible.
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-03, 08:57 AM   #3
Sotos

Quote:
Originally posted by sytaylor
Not really, as a site Nvidia is given a helluva lot more coverage, I think it shows maturity as a site and community that we can embrace another excellent product and see it for what it is, keeping fanboyism as low as possible.
Of course but isn't Nvnews a Nvidia-fan dedicated site in reality????

It is mature but Is it normal to say such things???
What Nvidia is going to say?????
-[color=blue]POWERCOLOR 9800pro 128\cat 4.1\Dx9.0b [/color] [color=red](Waiting for R420 or Nv40)[/color]
-Sounblaster Audigy 2 ZS [color=blue](using latest Creative Eax 4.0 driver)[/color]
-[color=red] - Jeniffer Lopez - Ennrique Inglesia - Ricky Martin - Britney Spears are SKUNKS!!! [/color]
Old 10-02-03, 10:00 AM   #4
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sotos
Of course but isn't Nvnews a Nvidia-fan dedicated site in reality????
<sigh>

(I just feel like I've been correcting this one a lot lately, sorry for the sighing.)

nVnews is an nVidia information & support site....it is not a "fan site".

nVnews has been giving the straight skinny on nVidia for years now, and just because they tell the bad right along with the good doesn't make them any less of an informational site...it makes them more of one if anything.

Again, my hat is off to the crew at nVnews for their excellent and honest coverage of nVidia this last year.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-03, 10:05 AM   #5
The Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Again, my hat is off to the crew at nVnews for their excellent and honest coverage of nVidia this last year.
Fo' shizzle, nizzle. We iz the rizzle dizzle.

(yes, I just did that to annoy you, Dig )

No, we don't make NVIDIA out to be the Messiah of the 3D World--we just tell it like it is.
Old 10-02-03, 01:01 PM   #6
Sotos

Well at least i am happy that you say the TRUTH and not hide it as is happening in GURU3d
Old 10-02-03, 01:11 PM   #7
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Fo' shizzle, nizzle. We iz the rizzle dizzle.
/me takes off his right shoe and proceeds to beat the stupid out of Baron
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-03, 01:14 PM   #8
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
nVnews is an nVidia information & support site....it is not a "fan site".
No, we are still a fan site.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-03, 01:44 PM   #9
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
No, we are still a fan site.
True, but not really an nVidia fan site though....

The Dig quickly runs away chortling!
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-03, 01:51 PM   #10
NKVD2
not a people person

Actually this site made me buy Radeon 9800 PRO (not that I mad at you ) ....

Once you go ATI - you never go back!

I support Arnold Schwarznegger for governor of CA.
NKVD2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-03, 01:55 PM   #11
TheTaz

One of the reasons this is the first site I look at (pretty much since it came live), is because these guys are fairly unbiased. I like that in a fan site.

It's still an nVidia fansite, with all the nVidia ads, linke to utilities, articles, etc.

Even though my post count doesn't show much community activity (until this recent fiasco)... NVNews has been my #1 source for info / links to info, and I think they're top notch. Kudos for remaining true and fairly unbiased!!!! It's very difficult for a fansite to do... especially when the thing that they are supporting... is under the gun.

Regards,

Taz
TheTaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-03, 02:08 PM   #12
sxotty

Well it is good, but other "fan sites" should try and be objective and reasonable as well... not that it is likely