Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-07-03, 06:31 PM   #1
shinrai

Default Just a little conspiracy theory.

If you were a well known company that had a "highly" anticipated game that was heavily hyped and due originally for release on Sept 30th 2003 but due to internal production circumstances, that said company could not release the game for another 4 months, how would you handle it?

Would you be honest with the gaming community, say you are sorry for giving such a stupid date and risk extreme anger and possible backlash to the tittle? Or even a law suit from ATI?

OR

Would you fake a situation where you allege that some immature group of spoil sports hacked into you company and stole the source code? But all this time that company released old unfinished code just to throw the community off so the company could claim that due to these bad hackers, it "had" to delay the game. Then who would blame the company since they were innocent and just working their butts off for their beloved gaming community.

I know which one i would go for and i'm not a very cynical person.
shinrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-03, 08:02 PM   #2
Saud

Yep- my 1st thought as well. It's all a bunch of BS and they better release a demo soon, or we're gonna have to send Duke Nukem & Terminator to kick some azz.

Oh Damn- forgot Terminator is too busy today terminating Gov davis.... LOL!!!
Saud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-03, 08:06 PM   #3
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Christ almighty, why don't you go wrap yourself in aluminum foil and cover your head with a garbage can lid while you're at it.

Conspiracy theories =
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-03, 08:12 PM   #4
Gargr

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Christ almighty, why don't you go wrap yourself in aluminum foil and cover your head with a garbage can lid while you're at it.

Conspiracy theories =
stfu
Conspiracy theories = ROFL
"When it comes to Nintendo strategy, it's not that we want to make games for kids. It's that we want to make them creative while appealing to a wider audience. Obviously we see games as entertainment, and what we want to do is find the best way to make the gameplay experience entertaining for everyone." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Gargr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-03, 08:23 PM   #5
shinrai

saturnotaku, complacency breeds stupidity. Stupidity breeds ignorance and that's exactly what corporations want. People that listen and believe every word they say. After all, a loyal and gulible consumer base makes for great sales.

Thankfully, Nvidia hasn't gotten away with what they've tried to pull recently.
shinrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-03, 08:42 PM   #6
AlphaWolfII

For what it's worth, I too think that Valve is pulling a fast one.

For the last 10 years, everywhere I've worked has performed nightly backups. From for profit companies making medical devices to not-for-profits. They all backed up their data. Every day. Heck, I even back up important files on my own PC.

And now we're to believe that a sophisticated group of computer gurus working on a a multi-million dollar project never backed up their own code?

Right.

AWII
AlphaWolfII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-03, 09:05 PM   #7
Riptide

Hey saturnotaku, where was that cubs avatar when you guys were getting your panties handed to you for so many years???
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-03, 09:10 PM   #8
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Riptide
Hey saturnotaku, where was that cubs avatar when you guys were getting your panties handed to you for so many years???
In the closet with me. I've been a die-hard Cubs fan since I was a toddler, back in the days of Rick Sutcliffe and Andre Dawson.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-03, 10:18 PM   #9
ReDeeMeR
The Guy Next Door *wink*

Send a message via ICQ to ReDeeMeR

Ofcourse this isnt the real or full story, have you ever heard "THE REAL" thing about corporate stuff?

I'm surprise G.Newell wasnt askin fan support "We need your support at this sad day, please go and preorder HL2"
ReDeeMeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-03, 10:58 PM   #10
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

There is no conspiracy, but what happend dose give them a good excuse, when whops excuse me if, they miss the holaday date.
Old 10-08-03, 03:38 AM   #11
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Conspiracy theories =
Very true, wheras theories with proper reasoning, about something not as insignificant as a release date != lame
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote