NVIDIA has revealed updated APEX SDK 1.2.1
, which includes several new features, like GPU Rigid Bodies support for PhysX 3.x branch, and is compatible with latest PhysX SDK 3.2.1
Updated authoring tools will follow soon.
APEX SDK 1.2.1 ' Release Notes
- APEX Framework 1.2.1
- NxApexSphereShape getRadius/setRadius use PxF32 instead of PxVec3 to represent the radius.
- APEX Destruction 1.2.1
- Enabled GRB support with PhysX 3.2.1.
- Support multiple interior materials.
- Added hard sleeping option, which turns chunk islands kinematic when they sleep. They may be turned dynamic again if enough damage is applied.
- New sleepVelocityFrameDecayConstant parameter replaces sleepVelocitySmoothingFactor.
- Added edge face noise in cutout mode.
- Removed surface trace functionality (was used for old dust system).
- APEX Clothing 1.2.1
- Support for convex collision added to 3x clothing solver (only a total of 32 planes per clothing actor is supported).
- Self collision parameters moved to the ClothingMaterialLibrary NxParameterized interface.
- Fixed a Clothing Tool issue where the 'Generate Tangent Space' button could generate several warning dialogs for certain older clothing assets.
- APEX Turbulence/Particles 1.2.1
- Added noise feature to turbulence grid simulation.
- Added drag coefficient parameter to turbulence grids.
- Attractor field sampler works inside of turbulence grids.
- New FieldVelocityWeight parameter, which controls how strongly the field velocity affects particles.
- Support convex mesh collision with turbulence grids.
- Support convex mesh collision with basic IOS.
- Clearer emitter debug visualization hints.
- New semantics for particle rendering: COLOR_FLOAT4 and generic 32-bit USER_DATA.
- All turbulence grid parameters now exposed through NxParameterized interface.
- Temperature visualization now shows different colors for temperatures.
- Fixed collision issues with turbulence grids which used to cause unrealistic rigid body interaction.
- Turbulence actor LOD is now properly disabled when the module's LOD is disabled.
- Fixed crash issue in turbulence simulation.
While PhysX Registered Developer Program
website is still getting back on track, NVIDIA APEX SDK 1.2.1
can be downloaded through Developer Support Center
If you are experiencing troubles with registration, please refer to our updated guide