Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-09-03, 10:21 AM   #1
Riptide

Default JA: Kill the Rankor?

Can you kill the Rankor in jedi academy? I have thrown my light saber at him for 30 minutes straight and he still won't die. All the prisoners can get out while I keep him tied up but there seems to be no way to kill him.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-03, 10:25 AM   #2
digitalwanderer

Default Re: JA: Kill the Rankor?

Quote:
Originally posted by Riptide
Can you kill the Rankor in jedi academy? I have thrown my light saber at him for 30 minutes straight and he still won't die. All the prisoners can get out while I keep him tied up but there seems to be no way to kill him.
Use your force "Sense" power and you'll be able to see a damage meter floating above the rankors head....he's killable, just REAL tough! (Oh, and if you kill him another one spawns and a new one spawns every time you kill one. )
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-03, 10:30 AM   #3
Riptide

Thanks DW, I'll try that next time I go back and replay that level.
Old 10-09-03, 10:44 AM   #4
digitalwanderer

I just re-installed JA last night to play around with some of the SmartShaders. Try it in "sketch" for a kick, and I double-dare ya to try and play it in ASCII green! (It takes a while to get the hang of it in ASCII green... )
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 10-09-03, 12:48 PM   #5
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
I just re-installed JA last night to play around with some of the SmartShaders. Try it in "sketch" for a kick, and I double-dare ya to try and play it in ASCII green! (It takes a while to get the hang of it in ASCII green... )
I would do that if I still had that POS...

traded it in from tron 2.0... best move I ever made with games...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-03, 02:11 PM   #6
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
I would do that if I still had that POS...

traded it in from tron 2.0... best move I ever made with games...
You like Tron 2.0? I haven't heard a lot good about it, talk me into trying it.
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 10-09-03, 06:25 PM   #7
Pafet
GeForce 7900GT

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
can you take some screenshots? it sounds cool
Pafet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-03, 06:34 PM   #8
ToxicFool
bang bang bang

Send a message via AIM to ToxicFool

Yes post screens. My laptop can't play games

Ahem I mean I hate alaska

"You might want to keep an eye out for this big H... cause thats where heaven is."
ToxicFool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-03, 10:02 AM   #9
Riptide

I just got to a spot where you run into a disciple of ragnos who wields two light sabres at the same time. This is in vader's castle... Damn, this guy is tough to beat. I haven't got by him yet. I'm finding it difficult to get past his defenses since he's got TWO frickin light sabres to use.
Old 10-10-03, 10:24 AM   #10
digitalwanderer

Quote:
I just got to a spot where you run into a disciple of ragnos who wields two light sabres at the same time. This is in vader's castle... Damn, this guy is tough to beat. I haven't got by him yet. I'm finding it difficult to get past his defenses since he's got TWO frickin light sabres to use.
Hint: "Speed"
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 10-10-03, 08:14 PM   #11
Riptide

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try to get this thing finished on monday. I work at a bank so I have it off.
Old 10-10-03, 08:44 PM   #12
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try to get this thing finished on monday. I work at a bank so I have it off.
People who work at banks have Monday off? Why? (This is NOT an academic question for me....)
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]