Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-03, 01:45 PM   #1
tomv

Default Half-Life2 Thief Speaks..

see it here: http://www.ggmania.com/#14528

full link here to original story http://www.half-lifenews.com/modules...ex&page_id=314

And ya know what I agree with him. Not that I encourage or support what he did.. but the BS'ing from gaming companies is a true fact. They mislead the public to further promote their games and play with dates etc, mislead people on features in their game.. So what inspired this guy to rip it off? I think that's pretty evident from his post. To prove a 'idea/suspicions' he had. I'm sorry, it's just my opinion but despite HL 1's fame, I have very little respect for Valve and the way they do business period. Will Valve learn a lesson. Pfff.. they don't care, they are in it for money more than anything. I'm just waiting for HL 2 shirts and stuff to be at Walmart now..

edit: removed my PS.

Last edited by tomv; 10-09-03 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-09-03, 01:50 PM   #2
digitalwanderer

Is this new or is this the same news from yesterday?
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 10-09-03, 02:18 PM   #3
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Death to the thief!
Old 10-09-03, 02:25 PM   #4
tomv

All I can say to Valve, good luck with your sales. I can't imagine how many peeps are pissed from reading this morons threats and knowing the truth on the dev status of HL2... hahaha!! I can just see now, Valve sitting at the table to address his claims...

People are funny, they think they can hide on the net... Maybe Valve will send him a copy of HL2 when he's in jail.

It also confirms my belief that HL2 was more slated for next summer. I never believed this September it was going to be released.
Old 10-09-03, 02:35 PM   #5
_leech_

My respect for Valve just keeps dropping...

[ AMD Athlon64 3000+ || MSI K8N Neo-FSR || 1GB Samsung DDR400 || BFG 6800 OC 128MB || 74GB WD Raptor || 200GB WD Caviar SE || Pioneer DVR-108 || Leadtek WinFast TV2000 Expert Edition || Windows XP w/SP2 ]

"There are only personal Apocalypses. Nothing is a cliche when it's happening to you."
Old 10-09-03, 02:38 PM   #6
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA
Default Re: Half-Life2 Thief Speaks..

Quote:
Originally posted by tomv

P.s. thanks for the credit for the news post nVnews. I had my post up before your news.
Dude I was told by Brewskie from Half life news. I wasn't aware of your post.

Cheers MUYA
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
Old 10-09-03, 02:39 PM   #7
tomv

np, sorry for that.. but it did seem ironic not even 5mins after my post it's there. Sorry again. The news post has since been removed. Saw that coming.. Valve trying to hide stuff again... what else is new.
Old 10-09-03, 02:41 PM   #8
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

Quote:
np, sorry for that.. but it did seem ironic not even 5mins after my post it's there. Sorry again. The news post has since been removed. Saw that coming.. Valve trying to hide stuff again... what else is new.
Actually nope, it hasn't been removed, Brewskie informs me that their server has been under attack of some sort

MUYA
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case

Old 10-09-03, 02:44 PM   #9
Brewskie

The information actually came from the NFO file from latest release.

In whole the statement says:

Well, I forgot to update you with the freshest stuff from
Valvesoftware.

Detonator-52.13-ANON got leaked today, its the new NVidia
drivers for HL2, though i have no fancy video card to test the
driver on.

Btw., for those of you still thinking -ANON is a group, i have
to say it isnt. Its just Anonymous.

To all those saying HL2 was delayed because of the hacking
action, ill just remind you that what was leaked is what Valve
has, nothing more and nothing less, so its pretty good to
understand it wasnt finished yet.

Also I'd like to point out the E3 was one big fake by Valve.
Ever tried to kill that soldier in physicstown ? Notice the
door will still get kicked ? No scripted sequences ?

To everyone saying this is no Beta: I'd like to point out that
THIS is what you wanted Valve to release on 9/30/03, theres no
such thing as a much better release in Valves network!

To Valve: I suggest you stop lying to your customers about how
much was stolen/compromised, or I'll have to release everything
just to prove my point. And you know what you got, as I do.

- Anonymous leaker

Brewskie

Oh yea...also...One of the sites we host, DesertCombat mod, is being attacked...so the server is being rebooted and stuff.

It will be back shortly.
Old 10-09-03, 02:55 PM   #10
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Wow I just saw the pics and they look frigging real. But say it is true that the game was no near to being completed....welll what was that ATI/Valve press-conference about? Surely they would have not had done that if the game was not comlplete or near completion. I wonder when Gabes next statement will be, this is real wrong.
Old 10-09-03, 03:00 PM   #11
Vash
Angel Arms

Default Re: Half-Life2 Thief Speaks..

Quote:
see it here: http://www.ggmania.com/#14528

full link here to original story http://www.half-lifenews.com/modules...ex&page_id=314

And ya know what I agree with him. Not that I encourage or support what he did.. but the BS'ing from gaming companies is a true fact. They mislead the public to further promote their games and play with dates etc, mislead people on features in their game.. So what inspired this guy to rip it off? I think that's pretty evident from his post. To prove a 'idea/suspicions' he had. I'm sorry, it's just my opinion but despite HL 1's fame, I have very little respect for Valve and the way they do business period. Will Valve learn a lesson. Pfff.. they don't care, they are in it for money more than anything. I'm just waiting for HL 2 shirts and stuff to be at Walmart now..

edit: removed my PS.

See, I can understand some frustration on the part of people who have been waiting for this game. We want to have it as soon as humanly possible.

But BS'ing from game companies, while a fact, is the nature of the beast. Marketing is almost never on the same wavelength as the programmers and artists that are making the game. Not to offend any marketing people out there, but most marketing consists of 90% BS. A marketer's job is to raise your expectations.

It's always been this way. LIVE WITH IT. Game companies make games, and their marketing departments hype it. Sometimes there's a disconnect, or something unforseen comes up and the game gets delayed. I wasn't into serious PC gaming until after HL1 was released, so I don't know what happened with the first one. But from what I have seen (Valve's release of mods in retail, their support for the community and the game itself), I have tremendous respect for Valve. Why? Because when it comes to game support and community support, they are the exception, not the rule. I haven't the faintest idea where you get your opinion of Valve - I'm not being sarcastic, either; it's a position that I want to understand.

Above all, you have to judge the developer by the games that they make - and Valve makes damn good games. I respect them to no end for the effort and polish that went into Half-Life - and I still play the stinking game, even though it's almost five years old! There are TONS of people that play and love Half-Life its expansion packs and its mods to this day. Can you say that of many other games that were released in '98?

No.

Sorry to have gone off on you, tomv, as I do want to understand your position. But it pisses me off to no end whatsoever to see people posting about how low their respect for Valve is, and how much they hate Valve, and how Valve is nothing but a pack of crappy programmers and dirty liars, when you know that these same people are going to be praising Valve's work when it finally hits the shelves. Every single person that does this is pissing on the big fat Welcome mat that Valve has put out for their users. The vitriol that is out there for them astounds me, especially after their continued and unrelenting efforts to make us happy.

[/rant]

There, I feel a little better. Seriously, tomv, why do you hate them? Help me understand why... I really do want to know.
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Old 10-09-03, 03:49 PM   #12
tomv

Default Re: Re: Half-Life2 Thief Speaks..

What can I say Vash? look at your post count, look at mine. As soon as I say anything in defence of my post I will be flamed to eternity and or banned. I'm entitled to my reasons and opinions and though I don't support what this theif has done I must credit him for exposing something lots of game companies these days do, which people want to believe and that's lie's. Lies and deception. i was going to go thru with answering your post but I have just deleted it and left this. Overall, I hate game companies who lie and deceive and that's what Valve was doing and they did nothing to counter it. Well now all the cards are on the table and I wait anxiously for more BS from Gabe and his team..

These comments are my own opinion. Sorry if you don't agree. I was somewhat asked for my feelings about Valve and I have removed what I feel about Valve and just left my overall feeling on the whole matter. I'd like to stay a member of this site as well But I have been around since the 'beginning' of gaming and this whole thing is a problem software developers have created on their own.
Closed Thread