Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-03, 05:02 PM   #13
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Dont sweat it tomv and you should have not edited your post it was your opinion good or bad. They have some here that will bash and flame you if you say anything good about Microsoft, Nvidia or whatever. Just go take a look in the card sections. Its life here at Nvnews.
Old 10-09-03, 05:16 PM   #14
digitalwanderer

Dang it, I just found a copy of HL2/ConditionZero...Anon wasn't bluffing.

(No, I did NOT download it...I'm a bit tired of buggy betas. )
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 10-09-03, 05:19 PM   #15
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Half-Life2 Thief Speaks..

Quote:
Originally posted by tomv
And ya know what I agree with him. Not that I encourage or support what he did.. but the BS'ing from gaming companies is a true fact. They mislead the public to further promote their games and play with dates etc, mislead people on features in their game.. So what inspired this guy to rip it off? I think that's pretty evident from his post. To prove a 'idea/suspicions' he had. I'm sorry, it's just my opinion but despite HL 1's fame, I have very little respect for Valve and the way they do business period. Will Valve learn a lesson. Pfff.. they don't care, they are in it for money more than anything. I'm just waiting for HL 2 shirts and stuff to be at Walmart now..
Just thought I'd say that I DO see your point and agree with it, although I don't think it justifies what he/she/it/them did to Valve or in anyway excuses it.

The gaming industry plays games with us an awful lot, and it gets tiresome after a while. It's one of the reasons I'll be plunking down cash for DeusEx2 come October 15th, I'd forgotten it was even coming out until it went gold..

Has anyone else noticed that the "big" games that were hyped to the heavens before launch generally suck? I sure have lately.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 10-09-03, 05:51 PM   #16
PenguinJim

Default Re: Re: Half-Life2 Thief Speaks..

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer

The gaming industry plays games with us an awful lot, and it gets tiresome after a while. It's one of the reasons I'll be plunking down cash for DeusEx2 come October 15th, I'd forgotten it was even coming out until it went gold..
It's gone gold? Seriously?!?!?

Bah, you got my hopes up for a minute there.
Old 10-09-03, 06:19 PM   #17
ToxicFool
bang bang bang

Send a message via AIM to ToxicFool

Also maybe the Valve guys should have had some better network security. Yet the pointed fingers when something went wrong.

Our security here at work is pretty tight when allowing things over the network. I have ot mess with servers a lot and I just wrote new firewall definitions...

But I guess we are tight about it cause we do a lot of work with the State.

"You might want to keep an eye out for this big H... cause thats where heaven is."
Old 10-09-03, 06:22 PM   #18
Pafet
GeForce 7900GT

Default Re: Re: Half-Life2 Thief Speaks..

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
Above all, you have to judge the developer by the games that they make - and Valve makes damn good games. I respect them to no end for the effort and polish that went into Half-Life - and I still play the stinking game, even though it's almost five years old! There are TONS of people that play and love Half-Life its expansion packs and its mods to this day. Can you say that of many other games that were released in '98?
gameS ? its just HL oh and that MP thingy

there are lots of old games I still play. way older than 98 and FAR better than HL.

about the gaming companies lying to the public - WTF? you serious guys? the only reason for them to say anything is so you'll know when to upgrade and to what (which in this case is important) but releade dates are their decision...
Old 10-09-03, 06:51 PM   #19
5150 Joker
100% Certified nVidiot

Default Re: Half-Life2 Thief Speaks..

Quote:
Originally posted by tomv
see it here: http://www.ggmania.com/#14528

full link here to original story http://www.half-lifenews.com/modules...ex&page_id=314

And ya know what I agree with him. Not that I encourage or support what he did.. but the BS'ing from gaming companies is a true fact. They mislead the public to further promote their games and play with dates etc, mislead people on features in their game.. So what inspired this guy to rip it off? I think that's pretty evident from his post. To prove a 'idea/suspicions' he had. I'm sorry, it's just my opinion but despite HL 1's fame, I have very little respect for Valve and the way they do business period. Will Valve learn a lesson. Pfff.. they don't care, they are in it for money more than anything. I'm just waiting for HL 2 shirts and stuff to be at Walmart now..

edit: removed my PS.
The guy is a pathetic thief that is trying to make up a reason for his stealing the company's work. There is no reasoning behind sabotage and so what if the company pushed back the date? It's a business, they can market the game anyway they like. They could say, "it will be out tomorrow" and create a buzz and then not release it. That doesn't HURT you at all. It doesn't affect your financial standing one bit, all it does is get you hyped up slightly for THEIR game. However, stealing from them damages their bottom line significantly and it's pretty pathetic that there's people like you lashing out at a company for not releasing their game on time.

Desktop: DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR | AMD64 3000+@2.6ghz | Leadtek 7800 GTX | 2 GB Crucial PC3200 | 2x120 GB 8mb WD | Dell 2005FPW 20" LCD | Antec "TrueControl" v2 550w PSU | Lian Li PC75 modded case with H20 Cooling

Laptop: XPS Gen 2 | Samsung LCD | P-M 2.13 | nVidia 6800 Go Ultra | 2 GB DDR2 | 60GB 7200RPM HD | 8x DVD-RW/CD-RW| Dell Wireless 1450 a/b/g | Windows XP Home | 3 Yr Warranty/Complete Care.
Old 10-09-03, 08:19 PM   #20
MrNasty
MrNasty

Valve deserved everything they got.

Praise the theif for exposing their lies!

The E3 demo AI was all scripted when he kicked down the door.

O M G

Im glad these lies are being exposed. Big gaming companys like valve think they can spread their misinformation without any consequence but for once they have been exposed.

Old 10-09-03, 08:34 PM   #21
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: Re: Half-Life2 Thief Speaks..

Quote:
Originally posted by PenguinJim
It's gone gold? Seriously?!?!?

Bah, you got my hopes up for a minute there.
Doh! Sorry, my bad!

I got "Max Payne2: The Fall of Max Payne" confused with DE2.

MP2 went gold and will be out on October 15th, but I'm just as hyped about that as I am about DE2. (I loved both of the original games. )
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 10-09-03, 08:35 PM   #22
tomv

I just wanted to say I don't hate Valve.

I like them, Halflife 1 was a great. It just disgusts me that companies like Valve given the great success and recognition they have/had with HL 1, would use that to their advantage and deceive a large community with false dates and false claims and false media releases. To me, why would a company do things like that especially Valve or Vivendi?? Cuz it's all about money, it's about 'profit'. It's just another of those nasty realities biting us in the ass again. They are just playing a market. Things like this are not 'uncommon' in the gaming industry today either. For Valve it's the exposure of 'ethics' as a company. Make a game and make as much money as you can.

But there are honest developers, I am not saying there isn't. It's just a real shame it's Valve that's doing this, along with Vivendi. What I'd like to know now is how many addons do you have planned for HalfLife2 Gabe? Are you going the Electronics Arts route to Addon-Mania like Medal of Honor and Battlefield and Sims? Exactly how many features do you have done for HalfLife 2 that you will release later as addons?

Gaming is not like the good old days anymore, it is manipulative marketing practice, two-faced'ness and lying. I just wish developers cared more about their work and released good quality stable games rather than masterminding ways of making more money. I will likely buy HL2 and do as I did for HL1. I will leave when the cheats have get unbearable, same as I did for HL1. Sorry for my rant Just this whole thing bothers me and it's just my means to release it. Sorry to bother you.
Old 10-09-03, 10:00 PM   #23
NAZCA M12
Master Thief

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Half-Life2 Thief Speaks..

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Doh! Sorry, my bad!

I got "Max Payne2: The Fall of Max Payne" confused with DE2.

MP2 went gold and will be out on October 15th, but I'm just as hyped about that as I am about DE2. (I loved both of the original games. )
Be more careful next time! Almost fell of the chair! It's true, almost every good game has been delayed. Oh well, i'm playing MP 1 right now, so as to remember the game a little bit. I wanna feel for the dude when i'm kicking the bad guys' asses in the sequel.
P4 3,2@3,85GHz - Asus P4C800-E - 2Gb DDR-500 OCZ - 2x WD Raptors (Raid 0) - Creative Audigy 2 - ATI AIW 9800Pro - Antec 550W - LG GSA 4163b - NEC ND-3540A - Viewsonic VG700 - Antec Plus 660 AMG - Creative Inspire T7700 - Win98SE/XP
Old 10-09-03, 10:12 PM   #24
rth

OMG the door-kicking was scripted!?

that's attempting to gain sales by deception i.e. a crime, so **** you valve I'm very glad you got haxored.

steam BS was bad enough, but this is turning into a nvidia-style fiasco.

next we'll find out the G-Man security-camera footage was pre-rendered....

ATI should give Gabe a huge slapping.

looks like we need a fresh round of Fanta Shokata movies:

Gabe: I'm a fat twat cos I'm so full of BS

etc...

Max Payne 2 on its way without incident

Last edited by rth; 10-09-03 at 10:16 PM.
Closed Thread