Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-03, 06:58 PM   #73
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by GlowStick
ATi has cheated in multiple games, includeing benchmarks.

Mmm yeah , your right.

ATI Cheated.
Nvidia Cheated alot more.

Who is more guilty A person who killd one person or the N Person who murdered hundreds

If i had to choose from those two people id go with A
Old 10-11-03, 09:43 PM   #74
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally posted by NAZCA M12
Damn, i can't start Windows98SE, stupid nVIDIA, has to be sth with the card, no doubt about it. Oh, wait a sec, i have an ATI.

The BS nVIDIA receives at the moment is incredible. Maybe some guys should open their eyes? Perhaps both companies are a bit shady after all?
I'm starting to hate my own ATI card with all these things i read about how super it is compared to its opponent. I'm sick of people saying nVIDIA's crap when they are on ATI and probably never even saw an FX5900U in their whole life. Maybe its time only those who happen to have both cards to open their mouth and critisize.

I wish you would go spread that from the top of some mountain. I cant tell you how it erks me to see a guy with a sig listing a 9800 ATI then talking about all the features of a 5900 Nvidia and that it cant do this and it cant do that because Anand said that blah blah. And I agree most probaly have never even seen that card in person that there degrading.....hell, I for one have never even seen a ATI card in person so basically I cant say a thing good or bad about it.
Old 10-12-03, 12:25 AM   #75
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
Originally posted by -=DVS=-
Mmm yeah , your right.

ATI Cheated.

Who is more guilty A person who killd one person or the N Person who murdered hundreds

If i had to choose from those two people id go with A
ATi cheated then continues to cheat. Nvidia cheated then continues to cheat woo hoo.

who is more guilty? thats retarded, when you kill someone or cheat in this case your in the same boat.

Here is a is a quick test, go kill one person.

Then tell the judge, NO ITS OK i only killed ONE person, really only ONE who is more guilty me or some other guy who killed more than one person?
Old 10-12-03, 03:55 AM   #76
NAZCA M12
Master Thief

Quote:
Originally posted by LiquidX
I wish you would go spread that from the top of some mountain. I cant tell you how it erks me to see a guy with a sig listing a 9800 ATI then talking about all the features of a 5900 Nvidia and that it cant do this and it cant do that because Anand said that blah blah. And I agree most probaly have never even seen that card in person that there degrading.....hell, I for one have never even seen a ATI card in person so basically I cant say a thing good or bad about it.
Wrong! I have a 5900U as well (MSI, with 256Mb no, not the nbox version) in an (almost) identical PC. The 9800 is on the main one but its with 128Mb (its the AIW version), so to directly compare them it's not very fair. But at least i do own both, and i am tired with people saying **** about one company but never for the other. It's pretty clear to me that none of the two are angels ( ). And yes i do see some games playing better on the 5900U, others playing better on the ATI.

People though are trying to make it look like the differences are huge, like day and night when they are either minimal, or only measured with the same 10 benchmarks (SC, TRAOD, etc). I suppose it will be the same suckers that will upgrade from say, an 9800Pro to the 9800XT and say "Wow! Greatly improved" or simply expect to see big gains (yeah, sth like 3-5%). That's Bull****. I may as well put the 5900 on my main computer just so that my sig will show i'm an nVIDIA owner. Whoever's got a problem, it's as simple as that: Don't buy it again.

I'm surprised there's at least 1 person that agrees with me...
P4 3,2@3,85GHz - Asus P4C800-E - 2Gb DDR-500 OCZ - 2x WD Raptors (Raid 0) - Creative Audigy 2 - ATI AIW 9800Pro - Antec 550W - LG GSA 4163b - NEC ND-3540A - Viewsonic VG700 - Antec Plus 660 AMG - Creative Inspire T7700 - Win98SE/XP

Last edited by NAZCA M12; 10-12-03 at 04:20 AM.
Old 10-12-03, 08:10 AM   #77
PenguinJim

Quote:
ATI Cheated.
ATi cheated
nVidia cheated a lot better

Of course, nVidia's and ATi's moralities are purely academic for me. When I buy a new graphics card, I buy the best card out there (with price/performance being my main concern). If I were upgrading right now, I'd be getting either that 115 Radeon 9600Pro I saw yesterday, or a nice 215 Radeon 9800 non-Pro. It's all about the hardware (and the drivers to an extent).

Hmm... just occurred to me... considering ATi kinda has superior hardware right now (and at better price points to nVidia) why does ATi need to cheat? With the Radeon 8500, the competition was superior, which might explain Quack3. With nVidia's FX line of cards, I've carved better DX9 solutions out of wood (well, they aren't faster, but they have better names. If only they'd fit in my darn AGP slot ). So... oh blast, I've forgotten my point. I'm sure it was great. Hopefully Glowstick will explain it for me in his next post

And look at my quote there, Glowstick! SURELY you don't want to be indicating gross incompetence at written English by saying 'ALOT' any more, huh, huh?

Oh, just remembered what thread we're on. I'm starting to side with the Half Life 2 Thief (don't ask me why. It's like he's taking on the entire world, but without the resources of Dr Doom). And I can see this fiasco being printed about in magazines five years from now (if printed word is still around). It'll be like, "Top 20 Screwups in Computing... Remember that time in twenty-oh-three that the King of Latvaria stole the HL2 Code?". Or something.
Old 10-12-03, 09:53 AM   #78
rth

Quote:
ATi cheated then continues to cheat. Nvidia cheated then continues to cheat woo hoo.

who is more guilty? thats retarded, when you kill someone or cheat in this case your in the same boat.

Here is a is a quick test, go kill one person.

Then tell the judge, NO ITS OK i only killed ONE person, really only ONE who is more guilty me or some other guy who killed more than one person?
here's a quick test:

go kill one person, see if you end up in an international court for crimes against humanity.

now go kill 6 million people. ask to be tried at your local court and to be bailed until the trial begins.

there is no "same boat".
Old 10-12-03, 10:28 AM   #79
GlowStick
CoD4!

Quote:
Originally posted by rth
here's a quick test:

go kill one person, see if you end up in an international court for crimes against humanity.

now go kill 6 million people. ask to be tried at your local court and to be bailed until the trial begins.

there is no "same boat".
Funny, you keep ending up in court when you kill someone.

Since killing one person is ok, why would people bother sending you to court, or lets call it a 'boat'.

So when you kill someone you get thrown in the same boat hm odd.
Old 10-12-03, 11:06 AM   #80
PenguinJim

Quote:
Originally posted by rth

there is no "same boat".
Are you saying that nVidia cheated 6 million times as much as ATi? I was sure that the (legitimate) ATi-liking-persons' claims were that nVidia was four or five times worse. And non-bias claims (if there are such things ) were that nVidia cheated a fair bit more than ATi (maybe twice as much, if that), but in slightly less important things. And then didn't apologise. At least, that's what I get from reading the posts of those who show intelligence, don't get personal, and don't argue against what has been reasonably accepted (I read posts from other forums too. Like the Dean Cain forum. Mmmmm Dean Cain )

This is an interesting discussion, but remember how unimportant things like this are in the grand scheme of things. Graphics cards don't run your life!!!

Old 10-12-03, 01:39 PM   #81
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Talking

Wow flame bite continues nvidiots never giveup

Can you Nvidiots atleast agree that

R300/350 line is supperior to NV30/35 disregarding everything else........
Old 10-12-03, 01:46 PM   #82
GlowStick
CoD4!

Quote:
Wow flame bite continues nvidiots never giveup

Can you Nvidiots atleast agree that

R300/350 line is supperior to NV30/35 disregarding everything else........
Why cant you admit that ATi cheats and loves to cheat, then trys to play the innocent game then cheats again?
Old 10-12-03, 01:51 PM   #83
rth

Quote:
Funny, you keep ending up in court when you kill someone.

Since killing one person is ok, why would people bother sending you to court, or lets call it a 'boat'.

So when you kill someone you get thrown in the same boat hm odd.
and witnesses and lawyers and judges and jurers all keep ending up in court too...

and when you play basketball or tennis, the playing area is called a "court" too...

so since all these poeple are "in the same boat", they must all be killers too!

are you pretending to not understand the difference or genuinely incapable of doing so?
Old 10-12-03, 01:57 PM   #84
GlowStick
CoD4!

Quote:
Originally posted by rth
and witnesses and lawyers and judges and jurers all keep ending up in court too...

and when you play basketball or tennis, the playing area is called a "court" too...

so since all these poeple are "in the same boat", they must all be killers too!

are you pretending to not understand the difference or genuinely incapable of doing so?
You do not understand that when you cheat, your in the same boat as cheaters.

How you get Its wrong to cheat, see when nvidia cheats its wrong.

Then ATi cheats its right.

WHo is messed up in the head here? You cant comprehend your own morals.

To sum it up you are saying

Cheats are wrong, see nvidia cheated, they are in the wrong.
ATi cheats, they are compelty right for cheating, why did they cheat? because they were loseing the benchmarks, thats why its ok to cheat for ATI.
Closed Thread