Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-03, 02:34 PM   #85
PenguinJim

Quote:
Originally posted by PenguinJim
Of course, nVidia's and ATi's moralities are purely academic for me. If I were upgrading right now, I'd be getting either that 115 Radeon 9600Pro I saw yesterday, or a nice 215 Radeon 9800 non-Pro. It's all about the hardware (and the drivers to an extent).
With nVidia's FX line of cards, I've carved better DX9 solutions out of wood (well, they aren't faster, but they have better names. If only they'd fit in my darn AGP slot ).

Then a few hours later...

Quote:
Originally posted by -=DVS=-
Wow flame bite continues nvidiots never giveup

Can you Nvidiots atleast agree that

R300/350 line is supperior to NV30/35 disregarding everything else........
I feel I must apologise, though... I had assumed you were an ATi fanboi (is that the right term?) even before you told us. Sorry

Quote:
Originally posted by Glowstick
WHo is messed up in the head here? You cant comprehend your own morals.

To sum it up you are saying

Cheats are wrong, see nvidia cheated, they are in the wrong.
ATi cheats, they are compelty right for cheating, why did they cheat? because they were loseing the benchmarks, thats why its ok to cheat for ATI.
I agree 100% with you, Glowstick. Spelling aside
Old 10-12-03, 02:39 PM   #86
oldsk00l

nVidia sucks.

The engineering talent they use to have is nonexistant, but they have to maintain market control somehow.

I don't see the surprise though, cheating has been going on since the start. If company A's card happens to run a game far better and I can't tell the difference from company B's card in quality but in speed.....who cares.

However, nVidia's case is that the benchmarks fly, but the game performance SUCKS.

Which in turn, makes them look bad. Just the same, everyone I know is not purchasing ANY of the nv3x based cards. Not unless they are significantly cheaper. I think nv4x will rock the house though....unless R4xx puts the smack down on it too.
Old 10-12-03, 02:49 PM   #87
PenguinJim

Quote:
Originally posted by oldsk00l
I think nv4x will rock the house though....unless R4xx puts the smack down on it too.
It all depends on what they call the nv4x. I heard a rumour (from a voice in my head) that once the nVidia engineers heard the GeForceFX line was going to be called the GeForceFX line, they started working AGAINST nVidia. They'll only be appeased once nVidia announces its next line as the GeVooForceDoo. Even though it sounds like an expensive eighties haircut.

All of this is 100% true by the way. Also, neither nVidia nor ATi have ever cheated ever.

I just hope the nv4x and the R4xx are both really really good. And that everyone can be friends
Old 10-12-03, 03:27 PM   #88
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by GlowStick
Why cant you admit that ATi cheats and loves to cheat, then trys to play the innocent game then cheats again?
when i agreed to disregart the facts that both companys cheated in one way or another

You continue to dodge

edit by StealthHawk: keep it civil
Old 10-12-03, 03:33 PM   #89
-=DVS=-

Talking

Quote:
I feel I must apologise, though... I had assumed you were an ATi fanboi (is that the right term?) even before you told us. Sorry
Nvidios call us fanATIcs , im not fanboy thought i buy whatever is best on market if NV40 will be supperior to r400/420 ill buy it offcourse, and root for it , not like other people s at GlowStick i bet Nvidia gave him GFFX for free
Old 10-12-03, 03:55 PM   #90
PenguinJim

Quote:
when i agreed to disregart the facts that both companys cheated in one way or another

You continue to dodge
I can't quite understand your first sentence. You have agreed to disregard the fact that both companies have cheated in one way or another? You seemed quite adamant that nVidia were far worse cheaters just a few hours ago, and that ATi's cheating happened a long time ago and didn't count

I haven't seen Glowstick dodge any points. I'm actually quite confused. You started by saying nVidia were liars like Valve. Then you said that Quack was a one-time mistake by ATi, and that they officially apologised, and that you stand correct. Finally you admitted that ATi cheated, but nVidia cheated a lot more (idly comparing them all to murderers, which seems kinda harsh). Perhaps I should reiterate my salient points that you have declined to pass comment on:

Quote:
If they got no loss in IQ and no clipping problems, then surely they weren't cheating? Makes me wonder why they apologised and removed the 'optimisations' in their very next drivers.
Of course, nVidia's and ATi's moralities are purely academic for me. When I buy a new graphics card, I buy the best card out there (with price/performance being my main concern). If I were upgrading right now, I'd be getting either that 115 Radeon 9600Pro I saw yesterday, or a nice 215 Radeon 9800 non-Pro. It's all about the hardware (and the drivers to an extent).
Hmm... just occurred to me... considering ATi kinda has superior hardware right now (and at better price points to nVidia) why does ATi need to cheat? With the Radeon 8500, the competition was superior, which might explain Quack3.
Glowstick has a Radeon 9800Pro btw (I found out because I'm a detective ). Glowstick hasn't been 'rooting' for nVidia in this thread, nor has he said anything that cannot be backed up (hint hint). Well, he did blatantly lie about 'a lot' being one word, but I'm sure he will learn the error of his spellings with time.

I believe the point that we (you and me, -=DVS=- ), as a team, were trying to make is that Valve are liars, like nVidia and ATi. Did I miss anything?
Old 10-12-03, 04:54 PM   #91
-=DVS=-

Talking

When its hopeless to fight with someone who says Nvidia is good and ATI is the cheater i tried to make it simple comparision agreeing that ATI did cheat some time im not saying ATI never did something wrong...
But GlowStick still doesn't for some reason agree that R300+ line is better then GFFX line , that what i was talking all along.

And back to subject even if Valve lied i still gonna buy HL2 to play for story.. whenever that game is comeing out.
Old 10-12-03, 05:47 PM   #92
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
When its hopeless to fight with someone who says Nvidia is good and ATI is the cheater i tried to make it simple comparision agreeing that ATI did cheat some time im not saying ATI never did something wrong...
But GlowStick still doesn't for some reason agree that R300+ line is better then GFFX line , that what i was talking all along.

And back to subject even if Valve lied i still gonna buy HL2 to play for story.. whenever that game is comeing out.
Yet our discussion never talks about witch video card is better, you seem to be saying that randomly.

But what it dose cover is what companys were useing cheats witch is ATi and Nvidia.

Old 10-12-03, 06:10 PM   #93
rth

Quote:
Originally posted by GlowStick
Yet our discussion never talks about witch video card is better, you seem to be saying that randomly.

But what it dose cover is what companys were useing cheats witch is ATi and Nvidia.
where is ATI using cheats please?

and what you constantly fail to mention is scale which IS important.

you know nvidia is guilty and since you can't make nvidia sound good, you have to try to drag ATI down to the same level.

ATI isn't perfect but they are nowhere near as bad as nvidia.

it's very sad to see your blind defense on nvidia. many other nvidia fans are enjoying ATI hardware.

ATI were better last year, are better at the moment, and are likely to be better for at the very least the next 6 months. get over it ffs.
Old 10-12-03, 06:12 PM   #94
pRATTICUS
Schnauzerkampfwagen I

I really wish people would drop this nonsense. Who cares. It was delayed. Valve messed up in their security, and lied to their customers. What else is new in the computer industry?
Old 10-12-03, 06:24 PM   #95
PenguinJim

Quote:
Originally posted by rth
where is ATI using cheats please?

and what you constantly fail to mention is scale which IS important.

you know nvidia is guilty and since you can't make nvidia sound good, you have to try to drag ATI down to the same level.

ATI isn't perfect but they are nowhere near as bad as nvidia.

it's very sad to see your blind defense on nvidia. many other nvidia fans are enjoying ATI hardware.

ATI were better last year, are better at the moment, and are likely to be better for at the very least the next 6 months. get over it ffs.
Did you post this on the correct thread?

It's commonly accepted fact that ATi cheated on 3DMark03 and on Quake3. Where has nVidia been cheating please?

Scale has been mentioned many many times in this thread (well, four or five times. Maybe.)

ATi was guilty. Now nVidia is guilty too, yay! They've joined ATi down on their level. As far as cheating goes, anyway.

As for "ATi were better last year, are better this year" etc, I assume you are talking about hardware. In which case your statement is correct (at least, ATi were better for most of last year). Um, congratulations!
Old 10-12-03, 06:37 PM   #96
rth

Quote:
Did you post this on the correct thread?

It's commonly accepted fact that ATi cheated on 3DMark03 and on Quake3. Where has nVidia been cheating please?

Scale has been mentioned many many times in this thread (well, four or five times. Maybe.)

ATi was guilty. Now nVidia is guilty too, yay! They've joined ATi down on their level. As far as cheating goes, anyway.

As for "ATi were better last year, are better this year" etc, I assume you are talking about hardware. In which case your statement is correct (at least, ATi were better for most of last year). Um, congratulations!
ATI's cheats in quake 3 and 3dmark2003 are gone.

where does ATI have cheats right now?

ATI never cheated on the same scale as nvidia. their ~4% 3dmark2003 cheat does not compare with nvidia's clip plane cheats or permanently overriding user settings in UT2003.

and nothing ATI has ever done compares with the BS nvidia is pulling by threatening futuremark and getting Tomb Raider bug fixes withdrawn because nvidia hardware performs badly.