Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-08-03, 02:26 PM   #109
Vash
Angel Arms

Yes, a standalone patch would be very nice for those of us who don't have broadband (yet).
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-03, 06:46 PM   #110
randsom
harware junky

ask and you shall recieve

http://files.worthplaying.com/files/...wnload&cid=490
Q6600@3.45ghz w/ultra extreme,on a xfx 680I sli, ocz pc6400,sli'd xfx 8800 gtx, 2 seagate 500 giggers in raid 0,2 samsung 18x sata lightscribe burners, x-fi platinum,pc power and cooling 750 silencer, all wrapped up in a thermaltake armor

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=11469
randsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-03, 07:41 PM   #111
Riptide

Thankyou very much, downloading it as we speak.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-03, 07:12 AM   #112
Vash
Angel Arms

*downloads*

Awesome.
Old 10-09-03, 09:17 AM   #113
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

One thing I noticed with this patch, if you made any changes to your config file to enable FSAA and fix the mouse acceleration thing, you'll need to add those back in. The patch must create a new file. Speaking of the mouse acceleration issue, that wasn't fixed for me in this release.

I suggest once you have your config file set up the way you like it that you back it up so you can simply copy and paste the data, should the file be recreated in a subsequent patch.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-03, 09:31 AM   #114
randsom
harware junky

im very disappointed with this patch

Seems that gb didnt get any real fixes in this release.There was nothing done about the mouse issue, the exception crashes, hit prediction in mp is a joke, and the net code needs some lovin.

Mp the way it is now is fun but very frustrating.

Personally i think halo is ganna take some serious time get compltly right, if they can do it at all.
Q6600@3.45ghz w/ultra extreme,on a xfx 680I sli, ocz pc6400,sli'd xfx 8800 gtx, 2 seagate 500 giggers in raid 0,2 samsung 18x sata lightscribe burners, x-fi platinum,pc power and cooling 750 silencer, all wrapped up in a thermaltake armor

Old 10-09-03, 10:27 AM   #115
Riptide

I'm assuming you guys are referring to it as betaware due to the nasty performance problems it has?

**Edit** Yep, that appears to be the main beef. Very disappointing. This is also why I haven't even started playing this thing yet - waiting for a patch that fixes some of these performance problems. I've got Deus Ex on the way and Jedi Academy to finish anyway. I can be patient. After all, how long have we already had to wait for this damn thing? What's another month or two...
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-03, 11:51 AM   #116
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

I'm not holding my breath, but this patch did seem to fix the EAX issues for me. With it enabled I've not had any dialogue get cut out (yet) and it sounds really sweet. So there's a small silver lining in all this, at least for me.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-03, 12:35 PM   #117
RoachMojo
Who...who are you..?

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
I'm not holding my breath, but this patch did seem to fix the EAX issues for me. With it enabled I've not had any dialogue get cut out (yet) and it sounds really sweet. So there's a small silver lining in all this, at least for me.
Hmm, I still have the sounds cutting out with the latest patch...hardware sound, high quality, EAX enabled.
Coolermaster ATC-210-VX1 case w/ Rosewill 850W PSU | Q9650@3.6Ghz w/ Zalman CNPS9700 LED | eVga 780i BIOS P10 w/ 4GB OCZ Platinum PC8500 | 3-WD 640GB + External WD 1TB + Lite On 12x Blu-ray Burner | eVga Geforce GTX470 SC w/ Sony 60EX700 HDTV | Nvidia HD Audio on Denon 1909 5.1 and Polk Speakers | Dual Booting XP Professional SP3 and Windows 7 Enterprise X64
RoachMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-03, 12:46 PM   #118
randsom
harware junky

Quote:
mm, I still have the sounds cutting out with the latest patch...hardware sound, high quality, EAX enabled.
especially in the cut scenes

all performance issues aide, this is a good game(coulda been great) i havent finished a single player game in along time(rtcw and wc3 were the last ones, i think), most dont hold my attention, but halo did.Even with all the crahing and perf issues i finished it and it was hella fun.I wish they coulda spent another month or 2 on it, fixed the issues, and it would have been in my top 5 favs of all time

The mp is very frustrating to me , the hit prediction is awful, the net codes not to good, but i suck so it could just be me.

Old 10-09-03, 09:37 PM   #119
oldsk00l

Default 2 cents on Halo

To:Bungie Personnel

Subject: Welcome

You have been assimilated. Your culture and its technology has been adapted to service us. You are now devoid of all forms of individuality. We have analyzed your defensive capability and determined that it is ineffective against us.

Resistance is futile.

Sincerely, Bill Gates - Lord of the bytes

So MS finally makes good. They permitted the single case agreement to allow a bungie title to make it outside of the BOX (pun).

It takes a looong wait. Finally, it shows up, but it was designed for a previous time....but they thought of that, so they added some features....and in the end, it seems alot like tenebrae. Old artwork, LOW geometry, low detail textures....incredible per pixel effects.....end result? Visually it doesn't even compete with Unreal 2.

Sorry Gearbox, your tenebrae style port only made an old game unplayable with FSAA, Tribes 2 is funner....and Unreal 2's environments whoop Halo's ass.......graphics are obviously not it. The only redeeming fact is, that it's Halo, and to anyone who has never played Halo before, it will still mezmorize you....to anyone that has played Halo before....this is mediocre crap.
oldsk00l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-03, 09:57 AM   #120
Vash
Angel Arms

Yay, mods already! Okay, they're not mods as we know them, but BOLL from the HBO forums has converted all the neat/funny/cool mods that he built for the Xbox version of Halo to the PC. Check 'em out at Halomods. I haven't had time to try 'em yet, but I do remember some of the vids that BOLL's made over the years - things like flying Foe Hammer, making the Warthog go very fast and spew flame where wheel touches dirt, introduction of the gravity rifle back into the game, swapping models (I've seen pics of the MC carrying a petrified tree instead of a rocket launcher and the Scorpion being replaced by the model of a tree and blowing away some Wraiths), and other cool stuff.