Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-11-03, 01:02 AM   #1
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Angry Sick and f'in tired of MW4

I have had it with this game not wanting to play over my network. I have tried EVERY setting I've come across on the net for my router and nothing. NOTHING! I can play it on my friends lan, but mine seems to want to puke ****ing problems at me with MW4. I have opened ports left and right. I have enabled DNZ a thousand times. I have tried DXport. I've even done a little dance hoping that there were some mischief making pixies I could drive away. This is on a Lynksys BEFW11S4 router, btw. Maybe someone with the same router who had the same problem might be able to answer this problem. Untill then, I'm buying a new whacking hammer and plan to make short work out of this router and game.

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-03, 02:59 AM   #2
Chalnoth

Openning ports should only make a difference when attempting to make your computer the server. The router should automatically handle any connections to external computers that you set up.

Anyway, could you be more specific with the exact error message, how you are trying to connect, etc?
Old 10-11-03, 03:15 AM   #3
eL_PuSHeR

Talking Don't you hate it when...

Most modern games seem darker and darker. WTF: I'm playing ToEE (Temple of Elemental Evil) and I have to crank up my monitor sliders almost to the max. And still, just a slight improvement. Worse still, the game doesn't have a gamma correction slider AFAIK.
Creative GeForce4 Ti4200
Integrated CMI8738 audio
eL_PuSHeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-03, 11:28 AM   #4
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Quote:
Originally posted by Chalnoth
Openning ports should only make a difference when attempting to make your computer the server. The router should automatically handle any connections to external computers that you set up.

Anyway, could you be more specific with the exact error message, how you are trying to connect, etc?
Connecting using the games multiplayer service. Keep getting the "Cannot connect to server. There may be a networking problem or the server may be gone." message. I'm able to get to the server list and can even see who is on the server, but cannot connect to any of them. Using WindowsXP Home Ed.

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
Old 10-11-03, 09:20 PM   #5
rth

Default Re: Sick and f'in tired of MW4

Quote:
Originally posted by marqmajere
I have had it with this game not wanting to play over my network. I have tried EVERY setting I've come across on the net for my router and nothing. NOTHING! I can play it on my friends lan, but mine seems to want to puke ****ing problems at me with MW4. I have opened ports left and right. I have enabled DNZ a thousand times. I have tried DXport. I've even done a little dance hoping that there were some mischief making pixies I could drive away. This is on a Lynksys BEFW11S4 router, btw. Maybe someone with the same router who had the same problem might be able to answer this problem. Untill then, I'm buying a new whacking hammer and plan to make short work out of this router and game.
trying to play over shared internet connection? maybe it needs a direct connection, in which case you're ****ed.

VP3 won't let me play over a shared internet connection for this reason. LANs or being connected to the internet directly work fine.

it sucks. and it's Microsoft's fault.
Old 10-12-03, 03:14 AM   #6
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Alrighty. I ordered a D-link DI-604 router. A very good friend of mine uses that one and we have no problems playing any game online with a shared connection. That and the fact I paid $30 shipped is also very nice. I'll let you know how it works out.

| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
Old 10-16-03, 12:13 PM   #7
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Just as I figured. Unhooked the Linksys, installed the D-Link and voila. No problems whatsoever. Who knows. Maybe Linksys and I weren't meant to be together. Regardless, I'm back up and running on MW4. Also picked up MW4: Mercs. Man what a great game and for $20! I'm having all my friends over for some giant robot action this weekend. Can't wait.

| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x