Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Archived News Items

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-12-12, 01:10 PM   #1
News

Post THREE AWESOME TEGRA GAMES THAT MAKE ANDROID MORE FUN

Summer has come and gone, but the sun never sets on awesome games for those of us on Team Tegra.

This past summer saw some great Tegra games hitting Google Play, but there were a few you may have missed that really made an impression on us. Being on Team Tegra, we get to play more Android games than you might consider healthy. So, we thought we'd share with you three of the games that we couldn't put down this summer.

Will Park (Tegra Community Manager)

I live for high-powered gaming sessions (on my Google Nexus 7 and HTC One X) as much as the next gamer, but sometimes I'm just want to kick back with a casual game. This summer, I got my quick-gaming fix from the bouncy cartoon characters in Granny Smith.

After a hard day working to make Tegra awesome, I look forward to powering down the performance cores of my brain. Granny Smith is just challenging enough to be fun, but casual enough to play using my brain's low-intensity core.

The controls are simple: jump and grapple onto wires. The point of the game is to slide along the overhead wires as long as possible ' all in search of coins and the all-important granny smith apples. To make things more interesting, you race a kid on roller skates who's looking to snatch up those green apples before you do. And, once you progress far enough into the game, you can unlock new characters.

Suffice it to say that Granny Smith is as addictive as it is easy to play. Best of all, it's just $0.99 on Google Play.

Jordan Dodge (Tegra Games PR Manager)

Auralux is a game that I started preaching internally well ahead of its launch. As soon as I laid hands on this incredibly simple yet incredibly addictive strategy game, I was absolutely hooked.

The object of the game is to use 'units' generated by your 'home sun' to secure new planets while upgrading your own. Then, you take it to the next level by conquering your opponents' planets ' in rhythmic and melodic fashion.

The larger expansion levels are exclusive to Tegra devices. You'll need Tegra's processing prowess to get smooth gameplay with the huge number of units generated in these levels.

Wardrum Studios has a real sleeper hit on their hands. I'd highly recommend checking it out. So swing by TegraZone for more info then head over to Google Play and download it for free!

Hassan Anjum (Tegra Games Campaign Manager)

I was one of the masses who lined up for 2+ hours to watch Marvel's Avengers movie on opening day this summer. But, I came out of the movie in search of my next Avengers fix.

So it was fitting that Zen Studios, the makers of Zen Pinball, released an exclusive Marvel Avengers-themed pinball table following the movie's debut. Nick Fury and the team ' Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye ' are all represented with a customized ball.

The pinball table feels like you're part of a Marvel Universe. Loki is featured smack dab in the middle of table, with special character sequences and sound effects throughout. With the Avengers table, fans of pinball games and the Marvel Universe will enjoy the best of both worlds.

Zen Pinball is free on TegraZone and Google Play ' you can buy the Marvel Avenger's table via in-app purchase.

So, what are you waiting for? Join the Avengers and kick Loki's butt!

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote