Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-03, 10:17 PM   #1
Hellbinder

Default The Stinking Lying theif Speaks take 2

Unfortunately the last thread got Closed before I had a chance to comment.

Lets look at the statement itself.
Quote:
Well, I forgot to update you with the freshest stuff from
Valvesoftware.

Detonator-52.13-ANON got leaked today, its the new NVidia
drivers for HL2, though i have no fancy video card to test the
driver on.

Btw., for those of you still thinking -ANON is a group, i have
to say it isnt. Its just Anonymous.

To all those saying HL2 was delayed because of the hacking
action, ill just remind you that what was leaked is what Valve
has, nothing more and nothing less, so its pretty good to
understand it wasnt finished yet.

Also I'd like to point out the E3 was one big fake by Valve.
Ever tried to kill that soldier in physicstown ? Notice the
door will still get kicked ? No scripted sequences ?

To everyone saying this is no Beta: I'd like to point out that
THIS is what you wanted Valve to release on 9/30/03, theres no
such thing as a much better release in Valves network!

To Valve: I suggest you stop lying to your customers about how
much was stolen/compromised, or I'll have to release everything
just to prove my point. And you know what you got, as I do.

- Anonymous leaker

Brewskie
1. It seems Clear this Perp from his Tone has some kind of animosity towards Valve. This was an intentional EVIL Act of Theivery.

2. He specifically mentions Somethng about Nvidia and their Drivers. While maybe being an off the cuff remark I think it continues to point that This Perp has some kind of Connection to Nvidia.

3. He claims that this is All that Valve Had nothing more nothing less. It is simply impossible for him to have known that. This may be what he thinks. He may have gotten access to one or more systems, but there is no evidence at all his statement is true.

4. He is a Dirty Thief.. Which makes anything he says imo a *LIE* until Proven True. The perp obviously has animosity towards valve and there is every indication that he would publicly LIE to hurt them as well.

5. About the shooting of the solder and the door getting kicked. Again.. Anything this Lying Stealing Scumbag says is moot unless publicly proven. Its not.

6. I challenge the Lying Thief to go ahead and release everything he has. Lets see it. Enough of the lying smoke blowing. Produce the Goods or Shut up.

7. Someone or someone’s knows who this It may happen that his Identity will get revealed. At Which point this Thieving lying Scumbag will do some hard time. Which I am personally really looking forward to. I would imagine that the FBI is already involved. This ****y little Ass had better watch out. I personally hope he spends the next 10 years getting Fudge packed nightly by his Cell mate.

Something I noticed from reading the other thread. Many people here are willing to take this Thieving Scumbags Word at face value. WHY?? Ill tell you why.. Because most of the comments are coming from a certain group of recently repressed Fanboys. Notice the chillingly similar Animosity between the Thief and said Fanboys?? I do.. and I think its profound. Need i spell this out for you?

It is my belief that The Perp has some connection to, or involvement with Nvidia. I would Bet my paycheck for the next 10 years on it. An Nvidia employee? probably not. But There is clearly some connection there. There is simply to much animosity towards valve and an intentional push towards Discrediting and slandering them. These kinds of Practices are common Ground for Nvidia and people closely associated with them. This Smacks of someone with Ties to Nvidia who is seeking retribution for the Valve/ATi deal and the Strong Public Criticism of Nvidia and their underhanded Cheating practices by Gabe Newel.

I Truly hope that The Perp is Identified and The Truth is made completely public. In the meantime You people who are lining up to take some Thief’s Word on any of these issues should be ASHAMED of yourselves.
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Radeon 9600M Turbo 128 (400/250)
Catalyst 4.2
Latest good read. [url]http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=[/url]

Last edited by Hellbinder; 10-12-03 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-12-03, 10:23 PM   #2
Gargr

Flibbled: Ad Hominem attacks! That's a no-no!
"When it comes to Nintendo strategy, it's not that we want to make games for kids. It's that we want to make them creative while appealing to a wider audience. Obviously we see games as entertainment, and what we want to do is find the best way to make the gameplay experience entertaining for everyone." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Last edited by PsychoSy; 10-16-03 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-12-03, 10:27 PM   #3
rth

just because he's broken a law doesn't necessarily make him untrustworthy.

all he's done is hacked a PC and stolen some code. some of you out there have driven a car and gone above the speed limit. that actually PUTS PEOPLE'S LIVES AT RISK. So I'd trust this evil dirty thief any day of the week...

about the scripted door - he actually tells people to test it themselves. has anyone done this? someone here must have the code.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a significant connection to nvidia though.

Minor editing. Removed an F-Bomb and some flamebait. --Sy--

Last edited by PsychoSy; 10-16-03 at 12:08 AM.
Old 10-12-03, 10:28 PM   #4
Gargr

Animosity? Maybe because Valve is trying to push steam down our throats or because they made one game and milked it for 5 years, buying all good mods and then selling them? Or maybe its the lies?

But no, it has to be some angry nvidiot
"When it comes to Nintendo strategy, it's not that we want to make games for kids. It's that we want to make them creative while appealing to a wider audience. Obviously we see games as entertainment, and what we want to do is find the best way to make the gameplay experience entertaining for everyone." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Last edited by Gargr; 10-12-03 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-12-03, 10:41 PM   #5
rth

Quote:
Originally posted by Gargr
Animosity? Maybe because Valve is trying to push steam down our throats or because they made one game and milked it for 5 years, buying all good mods and then selling them? Or maybe its the lies?

But no, it has to be some angry nvidiot
I thought valve was great when the E3 video was released. everything seemed perfect.

then Steam came along and pissed me off.

then the lies and BS started.

now I hate valve and am glad they're getting owned because it's their own stupid fault.

but I think a connection of some sort with nvidia is quite likely. they have benefitted hugely from this.
Old 10-12-03, 10:51 PM   #6
Gargr

Quote:
Originally posted by rth
I thought valve was great when the E3 video was released. everything seemed perfect.

now I hate valve and am glad they're getting owned because it's their own stupid fault.

but I think a connection of some sort with nvidia is quite likely. they have benefitted hugely from this.
I agree, a connection of some sort is likely but:
"It is my belief that The Perp has some connection to, or involvement with Nvidia. I would Bet my paycheck for the next 10 years on it." - Hellbinder
Old 10-12-03, 10:58 PM   #7
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

the guys a happy-person and enjoys ruining other peoples fun to get attention. probably a myg0t member or something.

and as for the door thing.. the game WASNT FINISHED. have you played it??? its missing files, the game calls for newer models etc. its clear what he got was a mix of files, old ones and new. all the levels are outdated, and the videos from e3 are newer. what he got was clearly a pre e3 copy.

Edit: Removed "fag" in case a bundle of firewood gets offended! --Sy--

Last edited by PsychoSy; 10-16-03 at 12:58 AM.
Old 10-12-03, 11:12 PM   #8
ChrisW
"I was wrong", said Chris

Quote:
Originally posted by rth

What lies and bs? The only person accusing Valve of lieing is the software thief. Why do you insist on taking the word of a thief over Valve, ATI, nVidia, and all the review sites? If it were not for this low life, we may actually be playing HL2 today (single player version) or at least have the benchmark to play with.

Old 10-12-03, 11:14 PM   #9
Hellbinder

Quote:
Originally posted by jAkUp
the guys a fag and enjoys ruining other peoples fun to get attention. probably a myg0t member or something.

and as for the door thing.. the game WASNT FINISHED. have you played it??? its missing files, the game calls for newer models etc. its clear what he got was a mix of files, old ones and new. all the levels are outdated, and the videos from e3 are newer. what he got was clearly a pre e3 copy.
I would like to point out that There is likely not a Complete Build of the game in one package. There wont be until the game is officially put together for an Alpha or Beta Test release. Not necessarily a public one. The games levels and Content exist Seperately on each departments systems with the core Framework of the game. The idea that every system has a singular complete Build to work on is just Ridiculous. It clearly shows that the Perp has his Head up his ass.

Look Doom-III. Its not a complete Game package nor are any of the Beta versions leaked. Its still in chuncks. The Code and Final content is assembled for Testing with Build after Build being produced Daily as the Final Crunch hour approaches.

What this Scumbag likely has is a partially assembled Code with Partial Content used for some internal purpose we dont even know.

Again,,. It is really Sad that so many people here are instantly taking the word of some Stinking Thief when a simple understanding of the Game Development Process proves he is a liar.
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Catalyst 4.2
Latest good read. [url]http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=[/url]
Old 10-12-03, 11:15 PM   #10
rth

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
What lies and bs? The only person accusing Valve of lieing is the software thief. Why do you insist on taking the word of a thief over Valve, ATI, nVidia, and all the review sites?
by lies and BS I mean the false release date (they knew they'd never meet) and all the stuff surrounding Steam like it being required for LANs and for single player. and the benchmark non-release too.

but tbh the word of this thief means no less to me than the word of valve now. I know that valve is full of crap, but this thief at least hasn't been proven right or wrong yet.

Last edited by PsychoSy; 10-16-03 at 12:13 AM.
Old 10-12-03, 11:18 PM   #11
Hellbinder

Quote:
Originally posted by rth
by lies and BS I mean the false release date (they knew they'd never meet) and all the stuff surrounding Steam like it being required for LANs and for single player. and the benchmark non-release too.

but tbh the word of this thief means no less to me than the word of valve now. I know that valve is full of crap, but this thief at least hasn't been proven right or wrong yet.
Steam is still a work in process... Even if they change their minds 10 times on how its going to work in the early months of its release means NOTHING. They are just figuring out how its all going to work best under heavy load.

Has Nothing To do with telling Lies...
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Catalyst 4.2

Last edited by PsychoSy; 10-16-03 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-12-03, 11:22 PM   #12
ChrisW
"I was wrong", said Chris

Let's not forget that what was stolen may have been part of a completely different project. You have to take into account that the game is going to be constantly be updated even after the game is released. They are always going to be working on Steam, the internet code, and product updates. For all we know, this code may be from part of the multiplayer project that was to be released several months from now. There are lots of people at Valve working on completely different parts of the game and even different projects.
Closed Thread