Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-15-03, 02:42 PM   #1
MagicKiwi

Default Dual monitor support with Linux

Hi, I'm pretty new to Linux so please be gentle. I have my drivers installed and they seem to be working great. I get the Nvidia screen when Xwindows is loading, video is smoking fast (seems faster than it does in Windows too).

Problem is that I have a dual monitor setup and Linux does not seem to detect the two monitors as it does in Windows. There doesn't seem to be a Nvidia control center, or software to install that would act as a control center. So how does a person utilize dual monitors?

My video card is an Asus FX5200 V9520/TD and the two monitors are a Dell P991 19" trinitron and a 17" Samsung 753DF. The 19" is the primary display and is outputed from the normal analog output and the 17" is connected via the digital output with the provided analog adapter.

I sure hope you guys can help me out. I got the second monitor to help my productivity when doing my Cad design etc. Hope to hear something.

BTW I am using RedHat 9.0 and the accompanying Xwindows version.

Last edited by MagicKiwi; 10-15-03 at 05:00 PM.
MagicKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-03, 09:05 PM   #2
Moled
cheese

ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Li...496/README.txt

have a look at that^
esp "APPENDIX I: CONFIGURING TWINVIEW"

I only have one monitor myself so cant really help tho that section seems to explain how to set it up
Moled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-03, 12:04 PM   #3
MagicKiwi

Well when I first got my second monitor I tried going through that section and editing my X-windows config. Didn't work for me though. The changes I made only stopped Xwindows fromloading altogether.

I thought maybe there was a "trick' to setting it up the dual monitor support that was assumed in the making of the readme file.
MagicKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote