Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-15-12, 05:37 PM   #1
Airstrip1

Talking Elite: Dangerous, the new Elite game, is finally on its way!

Hi all,

For those of us old enough to have ”wasted” a lot of hours on the Elite game series, here are some happy news: The developers finally (after 15+ years) intends to create a new version :-D
(And for those that are too young... well those that are young... ok, those that are not old: you don't know what you've been missing, but soon you will :-)

I will be called Elite: Dangerous and they are setting it up as a Kickstarter project as a way to get it going.

Like the old Elite games, it uses “procedural generation” (check the video on their site) that could potentially generate massive game content fairly cheap, if you know how to do it properly. And given their previous work on this, the chances are that they will do it well.

I'm really excited about this game, so I though I share this news with you as well. Here's the link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...lite-dangerous
Airstrip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-12, 11:42 AM   #2
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Elite: Dangerous, the new Elite game, is finally on its way!

I saw it today. It looks really ambitious. Not my cup of tea as far as the actual games goes but it looks really interesting. I never played the previous Elite games.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote