Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Archived News Items

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-03-12, 02:50 PM   #1
News

Post Planescape: Torment sequel finally in the works

Fans have been waiting nearly 13 years for an official sequel to Black Isle Studios' Planescape: Torment, the groundbreaking PC RPG that turned many of the genre's conventions on their heads. Now, it seems that sequel is finally set to move forward, with Torment designer Colin McComb once again asking "What can change the nature of a man?".

Speculation about the project started in earnest after McComb'who has also worked on Fallout: New Vegas and the recently Kickstarted Wasteland 2'recently penned a long blog post reflecting on his time working on Torment and speculating on what could be done with a sequel.

"The first step in designing a new Torment story is to ask the primary question," he wrote. "I'm older than I was when I worked on Torment, and my questions now are different than they were. I have children now, and I look at the world through their eyes and through mine, and that's changed me'in fact, the intervening years have changed me so much that I have new answers for the central story in the original Torment. So now that I know what can change the nature of a man, I ask: What does one life matter?... and does it matter at all?"

Read 3 remaining paragraphs | Comments

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote