Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-16-12, 01:48 AM   #1
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Man i just got this phone and wow! ... This thing is fantastic. Beautiful 4.65" 720 HD screen, Dual core CPU, 1GB Ram & able to video record in 1080p ... Also the first mobile phone to come with Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0, Updated to 4.0.2) ... This thing fly's man, Its like having a PC\laptop in your hand.

Up to now the only down side i can find to this phone is there is no room to add a SD card, comes with 16GB internal memory(way more than i will ever need though)

After going from a HTC Wildfire(not the "S" version)to this bad boy ... I'm speechless ...

I officially love this phone.

Anybody else go one? What do you think?

Any nice apps you have found? Any tips\tricks you have found out about the Nexus?

http://www.google.co.uk/nexus/
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12, 01:41 PM   #2
ViN86

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Just got one today. Awesome device.

I picked up an extended life battery for $30 on Amazon too. It was suggested to me by my brother and his girlfriend, and it was on sale, so I went for it heh.

I'm still playing around with it and setting it up (actually setup is minimal since all my apps and the majority of my settings sync'd from my Gmail account). I'll post more about the strengths/weaknesses after a week of playing.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12, 03:07 PM   #3
Hogrider

How about a battery life thread ViN.
Old 04-07-12, 05:00 PM   #4
ViN86

I could but it wouldn't help anyone.

It's a 4G phone, which don't do as well with battery life, and my usage isn't typical since I use a lot of bandwidth. Also I'm often in and out of my office, which is in the basement where there's no cell service. Searching for signal really takes a toll on the battery haha.

I will post some impressions though with my typical usage after I've had it for a day. I expect it to be better than my old phone, but probably not as long as the iPhone.
Old 04-08-12, 05:31 AM   #5
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Enjoy your new phone. It's definitely the best choice when it comes to an Android device. Simply because of no custom interfaces and frequent updates.

How much bandwidth do you use per month?
Thanks

I use about 2-3GB of data per month. I'm grandfathered in to the unlimited plan though, so it's still only $30.
Old 04-09-12, 10:22 AM   #6
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

Quote:
That's a nice plan!

For CHF 29.00, about the same price, I get a whooping 250MB Some providers have 1GB for the same price but you have to live with a lower quality service.

The so-called Unlimited offer, which is still limited at 2GB, costs CHF 169.00
What's up with the pricing over there?
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 10:50 AM   #7
ViN86

Well the standard wage is a lot higher in Switzerland to begin with, but it seems like they meter everything in Europe for some reason...
Old 04-09-12, 11:09 AM   #8
Q

I was close to recommending this for the wife a few weeks back, but had her get the Rezound instead. The hardware specs are just a step or two ahead, and the 720p screen is gorgeous. I ended up upgrading my Incredible just last week when the Rezound went on sale for $50.

Yes, going back to Sense sucks. I was on a very vanilla rom with the DInc. We're getting ICS soon, maybe, hopefully, but that will even come with Sense 3.6 instead of 4.0 - which super sucks. But, I'll give the roms a month or two to catch up with ICS and then root and have a hell of a phone.

The Nexus was a very close second. At this moment, I wish I would have got it.... but maybe after a few nice roms I'll change my tune.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-12, 11:44 AM   #9
Q

Quote:
Everything is expensive here. Food, rent/house prices, health care, fuel, hardware, cars, telecom... The kicker is the DSL: $80 for 16000/2000

My normal living costs per month are around $4900.00 And that doesn't include taxes, it's just covering the cost of living. And I'm really trying to keep it as low as possible.
Does the $4900 cover the "12 monitors a month" club?

Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 12:07 PM   #10
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I was close to recommending this for the wife a few weeks back, but had her get the Rezound instead. The hardware specs are just a step or two ahead, and the 720p screen is gorgeous. I ended up upgrading my Incredible just last week when the Rezound went on sale for $50.

Yes, going back to Sense sucks. I was on a very vanilla rom with the DInc. We're getting ICS soon, maybe, hopefully, but that will even come with Sense 3.6 instead of 4.0 - which super sucks. But, I'll give the roms a month or two to catch up with ICS and then root and have a hell of a phone.

The Nexus was a very close second. At this moment, I wish I would have got it.... but maybe after a few nice roms I'll change my tune.
ICS is amazing
Old 04-10-12, 01:29 AM   #11
ViN86

New battery incoming.

Last edited by ViN86; 04-11-12 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-10-12, 04:21 PM   #12
ViN86

Just got my extended battery. I don't know why they include another back door, it's essentially the same. It seems like the phone should have shipped with this extended life battery. It's slightly thicker than the original, but not enough to notice.

I'll see how it does after a full charge and full day of use.